Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Wow. The hate that this thread is generating is mind blowing. Some of this crap makes me literally burst into laughter making everyone stare at me.
Criticism does not equal hate. You'll learn that eventually - when you grow up and have the ability to think outside the ideological box.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Good for you. Had she died, she would have left 13 children motherless. That happened to the mother of my daughter's best friend when she was in third grade. The mom was a good Catholic, and like your mother-in-law, she refused to terminate. Both she and the baby died during delivery, and she left seven other children, the oldest barely in her teens, motherless. I remember at her funeral mass the priest praising this pious woman who obeyed God's will while her seven surviving children sobbed in the front pew. God's will my ass.
My wife is a pretty happy person. I am betting she enjoys her life much more than you do yours. I am sure the father and older children took care of the younger ones. I realize doing whatever you can to insure the life of your child, born or unborn, ain't one of your values.

https://www.facebook.com/kristita.ar...type=1&theater

She would have never been born if her mother had not been a loving mother.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Kids these days. So immature. So opinionated. So self-absorbed. So entitled.

Oh, and please board members, go easy on me: I am but twelve years old and you should treat your youth more delicately even when we decide to play with you big fellows.

The internet: Be all you can imagine you could be.
LOL

(Couldn't rep you again.)

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Kids these days. So immature. So opinionated. So self-absorbed. So entitled.

Oh, and please board members, go easy on me: I am but twelve years old and you should treat your youth more delicately even when we decide to play with you big fellows.

The internet: Be all you can imagine you could be.

What kids are you talking about. Just asking because I don't know anyone like that. Are you talking about the kids that live near you or your relatives or something.

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
I would agree with all of that. But, I would add that there are ways to do something constructive to help put an end to abortions.

1. Refuse to vote for a candidate who is not pro-life
2. Volunteer and give to crisis pregnancy centers
3. Educate about the alterrnatives to abortion, especially adoption
4. Be open to adopt a child who needs a home
5. Love and help kids in crisis who are already here ( be a big brother/big sister, a CASA, volunteer at a group home, etc.)
6. Give your children good sex education from the time they are young, and keep communication lines open.
7. Organize a group in your church or civic group to help women facing a crisis pregnancy.
8. And, pray privately ( not for show) for the children in our Country, born and unborn alike.
You left one out:

Work for widespread, free availability of contraception.

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good excuse for ducking those inconvenient questions....easy to post an OP, answering questions, not so easy
No, I was just telling a story that is a conversation piece, its someone elses choice what to post.

Yes..... not that that's your business....... or on topic...... but whatever.

Ummm pretty sure I answered it. Point please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since you need to have it explained to you.........your "sick" post was directed at the OP a teenager, the others were not, get it now!! Kind of shows how you speak to the youth...........
Lol. Let her say what she wants I can take it. If she wants to throw away her money, or someone elses fine. I really couldn't care less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Are you for real?

And for the record, the OP has no problems dishing it out, and if she wants to "play" on a big person board, and discuss topics that are obviously way above her maturity level, then she better be prepared to take it.
Pretty sure I have done a damn good job defending myself, and keeping my temper in check, and I'm taking it pretty damn well too. So umm..... Gold star for me! Lmao. jk.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Since you need to have it explained to you.........your "sick" post was directed at the OP a teenager, the others were not, get it now!! Kind of shows how you speak to the youth...........
I have no idea what post you're talking about but it needs to be said that the OP---teen or not---is tackling a very adult subject and is very well versed in Right-to-Life dogma. Why must people treat her with kid gloves? She shows no empathy for the women at Planned Parenthood---can't really, because she hasn't had enough life experiences to understand even the simplest concept like the fact that women go to PP for dozens of other reasons other than abortions. Its' time for her to learn there is more than one side to the coin she is playing with when she wades into the issue of reproductive rights.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
A number of people in this thread have decided to donate to PP because of you. Looks like you helped the organiztion make some money today. Good job!
And you believe that? LOL Really?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
OP...still haven't answered my question...what gives you the right to interfere with my healthcare choices? As I've said I'm not christian and I believe differently...Why do you think you have a right to interfere with my LEGAL choices.

And yes your group is just like the Westboro thugs no matter what you claim. You were preying on woman who were going to a clinic for affordable healthcare...don't believe in abortion - don't get one. I go to PP for my healthcare and what I choose to do is between me and my doctor...not you.

I don't have the right. I'm not trying to make anyone's healthcare choices. I WAS PRAYING!
*sigh* Again, praying for someone is not harassing them.

I call BS - You and your group show up in a public place outside a PP clinic and that is protesting...just like the Westboro thugs - they claim their praying too - I see no difference at all...go pray elsewhere and quit preying on woman who believe diffently than you, we have a right to NOT be harrassed in anyway when we go for our healthcare.

PP has been around for a long time providing much needed affordable services for woman across the country, pap smears, birth control, mamograms, cancer screenings and treatments, HIV testing and counseling and yes a small portion is abortion - a legal procedure since 1973. What will you do one day if you find you can't afford a fancy doctor at a private clinic and need a mamogram, a pap smear, cancer screening and treatment...guess where your only option will be.

I was a teenager in the 60's and knew many young woman who didn't get the choices we have today, too many ended in tragedy. I'm sick to death of the christian talliban trying to tell me what I can and cannot do with my healthcare choices.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And you believe that? LOL Really?
Why would you NOT believe that? Do you think right-to-lifers are the only ones who have causes they are passionate about? Do you not see something from time to time in the media and sit down and write a donation check? Lots of people aren't confrontational but they'll let their check books do the talking for them. And some people do both.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-08-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies