U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,859,461 times

Advertisements

So, a review of the facts shows that:

a) Both the president and the first lady still do hold their law licenses.

b) Both licenses are now inactive.

c) Should either desire to begin practicing law again, they could reactivate those licenses.

Conclusion:

This thread is another failed "hate Obama" nonissue.

Nice try though, wingnuts.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,946,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't have to say anything. I post what they say.. Cone.. Wright..and it isn't loving white people and Wrights anti-Americanism is all over his words.
I will await you posting something showing Rev. Wright or Dr. Cone saying they hate white people. Posts of them speaking against white supremacy doesn't count.

What is anti-American is clearly a matter of opinion. I hear in Rev. Wright and Dr. Cone the same prophetic voice that I've heard in people like Dr. King and others.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,946,384 times
Quote:
Reverend Wright could pass for white. Reverend Wright lives in an all rich white neighborhood... monies given by the poor blacks.. sad.

Wright should be a servant to the people and he should be feeding the poor and his congregation serve him.
Again the fact that Rev. Wright has moved to a "rich white neighborhood" is not odd to people who know that he does not hate "rich white people".

How do you know what Rev. Wright does with his income or what he has or hasn't done on behalf of not only his congregation but people around the world?

BTW, In the UCC the congregation itself decides the ministers compensation.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM

32,099 posts, read 16,506,166 times
Default One of these posts is not like the other...

Taratova, making it clear that there's no such thing as turning in a license:

Quote:
If the agency ARDC took the Obama's licenses , it was for an infraction .. one does not go through this agency to turn in their license. It is taken away. No handing them in ..
Taratova when faced with reality:

Quote:
Just because they could be placed in inactive status on the page I posted doesn't mean they were.
I guess this is as close to a retraction as we're going to get.

Now, for the actual status. See, the ARDC (thnaks for the link, by the way) has a search function. And you can look up members by name, complete with their current status. Including a record of their past infractions and any current proceedings.

Here it is: http://www.iardc.org/lawyersearch.asp

Shall we try? (Sorry, I can't get direct links to searches to work, you'll have to open the URL and enter "Obama".)

Pertinent bit of President Obama's records:

Quote:
Current status: Voluntarily retired and not authorized to practice law

Public Record of Discipline and Pending Proceedings: None
That's certainly - boring. But wait, there's more! There are in fact two hits under the name Obama, surely the juicy, juicy scandal can be found under the other entry, one Michelle Obama:

Quote:
Current status: Voluntarily retired and not authorized to practice law

Public Record of Discipline and Pending Proceedings: None
Aww, man. No scandal there either.

Now make up something wild about how the ARDC is totally in on it. Or talk about medical records (oh, wait - no...) or Clinton or Rev. Wright.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 09-08-2012 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Direct links wouldn't work.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM

8,561 posts, read 5,431,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Clinton was disbarred, as was Moochelle, who, contrary to at least one post in this thread, is NOT a member of the executive branch. She's just First Wookie which means nothing other than who she married.

Seriously, anyone who reads and believes snopes is one very low IQ person.
Michelle was "disbarred"? Link please.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 PM

32,099 posts, read 16,506,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Clinton was disbarred, as was Moochelle...
I presume that's your classy way of referring to the First Lady, and you are of course wrong.

Here: ARDC | Lawyer Search Look her up, and we'll see if you're man enough to post a retraction.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
At least Taratova is looking for truth and not accepting what is purported to be truth by another leaner as the truth, as you have been. Why won't you at least look? Well, sure we know that you don't want to find out if what Taratova says before the last couple of posts just could be true. I can come in with two or three others to do what you and your buddies have done to Taratove and get you to the same place.
I have looked. Everything I've read says the President and Michelle Obama have retired their licenses at this time.

If Taratova has a link to prove that either person had their license revoked for some misconduct or have been disbarred by any state for misconduct, she should post it. Otherwise, her claims are just unsubstantiated claims.....nothing more.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,720,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I will await you posting something showing Rev. Wright or Dr. Cone saying they hate white people. Posts of them speaking against white supremacy doesn't count.

What is anti-American is clearly a matter of opinion. I hear in Rev. Wright and Dr. Cone the same prophetic voice that I've heard in people like Dr. King and others.

Wow, I can't believe how far off the OP topic this thread has been hijacked!!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,810,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why are they no longer allowed to practice law?

Michelle Obama's law license went inactive in 1994 when she was only 29 years of age. That's not long to hold onto a license to practice law after graduating from Harvard.

Similarly, Obama "retired" from practicing law in January of 2008.

Why? Why would both of the Obama's simply stop practicing law and let their licences go? Would it not be to their advantage to continue to keep their licenses active even if not practicing?

It's a fair question, one which the media should be asking.
They're done practicing, now they just make law.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I presume that's your classy way of referring to the First Lady, and you are of course wrong.

Here: ARDC | Lawyer Search Look her up, and we'll see if you're man enough to post a retraction.
that will never happen. I asked for the same proof about the First Lady and there has only been complete silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies