Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,633,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You're also just desperately fishing for ways to bash to Obama.
There is enough substantive things on which to criticize Obama, but apparently that's not enough...we have to always strive towards looney land on here. .
Glad to see someone admit this...care to list them for us, since anything listed before by conservatives or Republicans has been dismissed as outlandish. Coming from you, the left would probably allow them to stand.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,633,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Glad to see someone admit this...care to list them for us, since anything listed before by conservatives or Republicans has been dismissed as outlandish. Coming from you, the left would probably allow them to stand.
Interesting that I caught your post before you edited that line out.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,798,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why would they need to keep them? It's not like either of them ever had a real job. Does one need a law license to be a 'community organizer'?
Actually Obama did use his law license for a short time. He was part of a law team which forced lenders, via lawsuit, to make sub-prime mortgage loans to minorities who could not afford them (1995).

Historically past Presidents have gone to extoaordiary lengths to attempt to keep their law licenses.
Clue: see Richard Nixon & Bill Clinton.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,150,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
US senator ring a bell?
That is a nice try but he was 4 years into that one at the time so why did he wait so long?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
A lawyer is an officer of the court.

They are both in the executive branch, now.

They're not multi-branched individuals like Dick Cheney was.
What part of the Executive Branch does Michelle work for? Is she elected or appointed?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
jackmcullough did, found the pertinent part, and posted it. Are you people really that dense?
So one leaner reads and tells something out of context and the rest go wild. You didn't read it, though.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, Roy, someone read the link you're bragging up and this is what he found and posted, and it clearly does NOT back up the OP:
Some of it can be found there but not all of the story is in the heavy leaner JackMcCullough quote. Read all of that part and see if he is telling the whole story.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM

46,816 posts, read 25,732,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That is a nice try but he was 4 years into that one at the time so why did he wait so long?
F*ck if I know. But I take it we agree that he probably didn't need to practice law in 2008? Or do you live in a world where US Senators run a lawyer practice on the side?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:56 PM

46,816 posts, read 25,732,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So one leaner reads and tells something out of context and the rest go wild. You didn't read it, though.
Roy, you have a magnificent chance to win the argument. Cite the part of the link you feel contradict jackmccullough's citation. Make a case, you know? But please stop the "if you disagree with me, you didn't read the link" schtick. It's getting tired. Particularly as you yourself don't feel obliged to read proffered links and have posted as much.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have professional licenses I have let expire. It is expensive to re-new licenses you are not actively using. Why bother? Non issue. For people who are actually educated.
I let my teaching license expire when I learned that at 53 I was too old, too qualified with too much experience to be hired again. I would have had to go to school every 5 years for the whole 26 years I have been out of teaching and surely do know what you are saying about letting go because I am no longer employed.

Ok, now that I have admitted to feeling the pain I think it may be time to investigate this thing a bit further. It does seem a bit fishy that Michelle dropped her license and then took a position with that hospital that seemingly called for a lawyer and she wasn't one when she took the job. Preparation in school and owning a license would be necessary to keep the license and she didn't even have one at the time. Yep, there is a smell of fish in that part of the story especially the salary she was drawing there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies