U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,162,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, yet another brilliant anti-Obama thread brought to you by the retarded radical right.
I would turn you in for name calling but I don't think I am any more radical than you are, just a different direction.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,090,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Obama was a member of the largest congregation in a predominately (94%+) white denomination. Rev. Wright never claimed that Obama offered him money to keep quiet. Rev. Wright claimed that a friend of Obama's offered in money.
you know you posted this lie at least 5 times. Not denomination.. church..Obama's church , not denomination. Big difference. More like 94% black and better.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM

290 posts, read 333,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Historically past Presidents have gone to extoaordiary lengths to attempt to keep their law licenses. Clue: see Richard Nixon & Bill Clinton.
LMAO. You have to be kidding me. Inactive doesn't equal disbarred.

Get off the internet and read a book or something.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Damnation, my cunning plan backfired. Quick, to the ChangeTheSubjectMobile!

(Incidentally, everybody's school records and medical records are confidential, by law.)
My records of that type were needed to get employment at my first school and then were passed on to future ones when I changed jobs. Of course, I had nothing against that happening as some seem to.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why would they need to keep them? It's not like either of them ever had a real job. Does one need a law license to be a 'community organizer'?
But his community organizing days came into being after his time at Harvard.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:06 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,984,416 times
The hysteria among blindly partisan right-wingers is bewildering.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Thanks for posting this. I am sure it will be ignored in favor of speculation and accusations. But still nice to actually know the facts.
Do you really know the facts? Did you read all of the Snopes article? I did and although I won't quote the last paragraph I can direct you to it so you can see that it pointed to the fact that the article isn't really professionally done. It mentions Clinton as one who gave up his license but we all know that the Arkansas Bar took his license from him after his problems with lying in court.

Try reading the whole Snopes thing past the word FALSE just for your edification.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Obama was a member of the largest congregation in a predominately (94%+) white denomination. Rev. Wright never claimed that Obama offered him money to keep quiet. Rev. Wright claimed that a friend of Obama's offered in money.
Well, hell, a friend wouldn't do something like that unless there were some kind of ulterior motive, I think. In the videos of the kind Rev's performances I have seen I really don't think your 94% applies to the few whites in the picture. I seriously believe that you got the two racial groups in reverse to the truth.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:10 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,950,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
you know you posted this lie at least 5 times. Not denomination.. church..Obama's church , not denomination. Big difference. More like 94% black and better.
Its not a lie. Trinity UCC is a member of the United Church of Christ, which is what the UCC stands for. The UCC is predominately white. Congregations are voluntarily members of the UCC. They are free to leave whenever they desire and take all the assets of the congregation with them. Not only has Trinity remained in the UCC, but they donate hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to support the UCC.

Please explain why a predominately black congregation would remain in the UCC if they hated white people and wanted to separate from them.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,090,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Busted in re your post/claim up-thread about the law licenses couldn't be placed on inactive status, and now you have spun so hard you may be intoxicated from the twirling which obviously led you to the point of babbling about Bush and your "bet" that he "had" to give out records on health and school!

Isn't there something in the Bible about "pride"? Something like pride goeth before the fall? Seems like your pride may be getting in the way of looking for "truth."

p.s. You'd lose that bet.
Just because they could be placed in inactive status on the page I posted doesn't mean they were.

Actually Michelle worked for Mayor Daly of Chicago and turned in her law license in 1997.. and Obama was a lawyer for Acorn.. the entity that brought on the housing crisis.. If Obama's law license wasn't taken away , it should have been, working for a corrupt group like that.. he worked for a bunch of misfits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies