Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM

174 posts, read 95,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No we are not, something stinks. She gets her license in 89 and puts it on inactive in 93, shortly after working for Mayor Daly as his assistant. It's logical to think she probably got caught doing something she shouldn't have.
What black woman in America wouldn't want to keep, maintain, and proudly display, her license to practice law?

Course, idealistically, she might have realized after four years what lawyers are really about, and chose to distance herself from the stench, as a matter of good character.

By the way, does anyone know where Obama displays his Nobel Peace Prize?

Clips from Friday: Jon Lovitz on Obama's Nobel Peace Prize and BeBe Winans remembers Whitney Houston – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Just because they could be placed in inactive status on the page I posted doesn't mean they were.

Actually Michelle worked for Mayor Daly of Chicago and turned in her law license in 1997.. and Obama was a lawyer for Acorn.. the entity that brought on the housing crisis.. If Obama's law license wasn't taken away , it should have been, working for a corrupt group like that.. he worked for a bunch of misfits.
Do you think we can't read?

My post was a response to your assertion, reposted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
If the agency ARDC took the Obama's licenses , it was for an infraction .. one does not go through this agency to turn in their license. It is taken away. No handing them in ..
In other words, you claimed that the very fact that the ARDC was involved proved that they lost their licenses involuntarily. I proved that you were dead wrong.

Are you going to stick to your earlier statement?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's really no point in arguing with these people.
I don't argue with the psychotic just their arguments in order to keep healthy minds from becoming infected.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Then maybe you might want to stop saying things which certainly indicate hatred...it sounds as if you in fact hate everything about him, and his wife! ....and you may want to suspend your totally irrational contentions that you know what he is "thinking" and what "his mission" is. When did you get the "memo" about what Obama's "mission" is? How about sharing it along with the source of the "memo."

Obama is not even in the ballpark of "far left." Also, the President does not have the kind of power you seem to think he has. What we need is Obama and a Congress which knows how to negotiate, and WILL negotiate, for the good of this country.
You are blind.. you believe what you want to believe. If Obama gets in the next 4 years , I hope you are prepared for the worst.
but I know it will hurt many people , the poor and the middleclass , then the rich will leave and this country will have a depression like never before..

I don't know where you live, maybe your area looks prosperous for now.. but I will tell you , do your homework on how many foreclosures are coming again. Many more. I have posted the links of just one town and these towns and cities are many.. and there are so many more foreclosures coming I can't believe it. It isn't republican or democrat,

This democratic party has changed drastically. the dems gave the shaft to the union leaders passing nafta.. I see what has happened with jobs going to Mexico. And you say you are a democrat and support Obama the no job creator. the tax base supports the poor.. we need workers.. my insurance agent told me there are no workers to support the people on medicare and welfare. He says Obamacare is going to push everyones policies so high they will not be able to get decent coverage anymore.. I just asked what do you think of Obamacare. He was honest.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Do you think we can't read?

My post was a response to your assertion, reposted here:

In other words, you claimed that the very fact that the ARDC was involved proved that they lost their licenses involuntarily. I proved that you were dead wrong.

Are you going to stick to your earlier statement?
Read the thread Jack.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
I was just thinking the same thing. There's really no point in arguing with these people. We have to keep in mind that there are millions of Americans with undiagnosed and untreated mental problems, especially in rural areas. And these are the areas where Republicans are most popular. Perhaps we should feel sorry for them.
Now the argument has gotten down to "Jesus said lawyers are liars and manipulators of the truth"........Guess that leaves some of those folks with nowhere to turn since Romney too has a law degree and was licensed to practice law.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't argue with the psychotic just their arguments in order to keep healthy minds from becoming infected.
Ha. Good thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are blind.. you believe what you want to believe. If Obama gets in the next 4 years , I hope you are prepared for the worst.
but I know it will hurt many people , the poor and the middleclass , then the rich will leave and this country will have a depression like never before..
The economy is clearly improving. Whoever wins is going to have an easy four years.

The economy isn't controlled by the president, by the way. That's a big myth.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
What black woman in America wouldn't want to keep, maintain, and proudly display, her license to practice law?
One who is secure enough in who they are and external trappings aren't important?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
I was just thinking the same thing. There's really no point in arguing with these people. We have to keep in mind that there are millions of Americans with undiagnosed and untreated mental problems, especially in rural areas. And these are the areas where Republicans are most popular. Perhaps we should feel sorry for them.
Yep. We cling to our Bibles and our guns. Quoting our great "uniter". You know, the one who couldn't decide whether to have God and Israel in his platform. Had the delegates vote three times and the third time was no charm. They still overwhelmingly said "no". Ahh, sadly, the teleprompter was already primed the other way. Who would have thought that the will of the majority of the delegates would be dismissed by their own great leader that way.

Clear demonstration of democracy in action, Obama style.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 PM

174 posts, read 95,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
One who is secure enough in who they are and external trappings aren't important?
What about her CHILDREN?

Wouldn't she want to encourage THEM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies