Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 05:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Why don't you read the link (too lazy or preconceived ideas)?

Grogan explained, “At the time, the only way to go on inactive status was to do what she did – which was to file a petition in the Illinois Supreme Court.”

He said attorneys often filed a petition for 770 when they wanted to pursue other careers, retire or begin raising a family.

My wife is a CPA. She has maintained her license in the state where she passed the exam and in our home state. Now she has retired she is seriously thinking of giving it up because the CPE and other requirements are a pain in the rear-end.

There is nothing sinister about the Obamas giving up their licenses given that it is highly unlikely that either will actively practice law again.
Practicing it and knowing how to use the law are probably more in lines of why they both have a license in law in the first place.

Probably hiding with these other unknown records of Obama's accomplishments.................
Harvard School records ........... not released
Obama’s law client list ..............sealed
Obama’s files from career as a Illinois State Senator........... sealed
Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Assocation.......... sealed

Does your wife plan to seal all of her records?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You don't understand power in high places..
So the ARDC is completely in on it. Deeply corrupt. I see. Then I have to wonder - why did you link to them in post #25?

Quote:
If the ARDC of Illinois took the Obama's law license then it was for an infraction.

ARDC* |* Organizational Information
You were the one to introduce them to the thread... And of course, we now know for a fact that the statement about an infraction doesn't hold.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
[quote=Dane_in_LA;26007100]
Quote:

You're messing up your typing, perhaps you should take a few breaths?

They were stolen. Leaked to The New Yorker in 1999. He didn't give them out.

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/199...IBRY_000019458

Full article requires subscription, sorry.
And you dont have to tell me.. they were of course leaked to a liberal organization.. of course.. the thieves.. anyone prosecuted.. probably not.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
So exactly what "high places" have you personally observed and been involved with so that you "understand" power in "high places"? Tell us about your personal experiences with power in high places.

That is just an easy cop out....."power in high places."

Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Michelle Obama is NOT "dictating" anything to anyone about what they should or shouldn't eat. She is just providing information in order to help kids be motivated to have a good diet. This is just more STRETCHING THE TRUTH by people who claim to be good Christians.....is lying a Christian trait?

Okay, question everything on the internet and in real life. But at some point you're going to have to come to a conclusion, even if that conclusion is "I don't know." If you have ANY PROOF that the President and Michelle Obama had their law licenses revoked for misconduct, post it. Otherwise, all you can say is that you don't know. There have been posts of links to information saying that both these people voluntarily retired their licenses. If you disbelieve that information, then post something which contradicts it or say you just "don't know" because you refuse to believe anything you read on the Internet.

As for Dan Rather, guess he is a good example of how easy it is to disprove stuff on the Internet, and how it really is possible to find evidence of truth.
Maybe she should start speaking to those who they spend $$$$ on coffee drinks and how unheathly most of those lattes are. Funny she speaks about buying 1.99 french fries and doesn't speak about the $8.00 coffee some drink, why is that?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Quote:

Ironic.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Where is William Jefferson Clintons record on the link?? Anyone find that one?
Of course not. The Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Committee for the Illinois Supreme Court doesn't maintain data on an Arkansas lawyer. It's kind of self-evident from the name, really.

And why this sudden obsession with Bill Clinton? The big dirt-dig expedition on the Obamas not going so well?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So the ARDC is completely in on it. Deeply corrupt. I see. Then I have to wonder - why did you link to them in post #25?

You were the one to introduce them to the thread... And of course, we now know for a fact that the statement about an infraction doesn't hold.
Well so far I found out that Bushes medical records were stolen.. then I think about Dan Rather who produced false documents against Bush.. the liberals have a bad track record for the truth and stealing too .. Doesn't it make you proud to be a supporter of that party.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
And you dont have to tell me.. they were of course leaked
I guess we now agree that Bush didn't disclose his School records.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:23 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
This is a totally ridiculous thread.

Both gave up their licenses because they were doing other things and probably will not practice law again.

There is no mystery to the circumstances around their decision and the process they used was the one required by the law.

End of story.

You guys really need to stop grasping at straws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies