Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Surprise! HHS pilot program to send 2 million poor seniors from Medicare into … voucher programs « Hot Air

Quote:
I know that every campaign promise Barack Obama makes has an expiration date … but this is ridiculous. The confetti is barely off the floor at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina after Obama’s acceptance speech, and already we find out that he’s flip-flopped. Remember this part of the speech, in which he attacks the Paul Ryan plan to apply free-market reform and cost controls to Medicare?

Quote:
And I will — I will never turn Medicare into a voucher.
No American should ever have to spend their golden years at the mercy of insurance companies. They should retire with the care and the dignity they have earned. Yes, we will reform and strengthen Medicare for the long haul, but we’ll do it by reducing the cost of health care, not by asking seniors to pay thousands of dollars more. And we will keep the promise of Social Security by taking the responsible steps to strengthen it, not by turning it over to Wall Street.
Expiration date — the very next day:
Quote:
Bear in mind that Ryan’s plan made the vouchers optional; seniors could choose the traditional government-run Medicare plan or opt for a private insurance plan from a federal exchange of approved insurers. Ryan also allows all seniors to choose, and didn’t force the poorest seniors to take the voucher option. Not only will Obama push just the poorest seniors into this plan, in some states they’d have to know to opt back in to traditional Medicare:
What a shocker. Dont worry, the media wont have much to say about this. This guy is unreal. Only a liberal media controlled society does he get to get away with this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
I overheard a bunch of mouthbreathers in the senior pool the other day stating how they will not support Romney because "he wantsta put us on vouchers".....they will vote O anyway.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
That's the key here that many Americans don't do..follow up to see if his actions are the same as his words.
And most of the time they are not. He says one thing and then goes off and does another.

But Americans are that apathetic; they are that ignorant; they are that lazy that they don't keep up with current events and politics.

And the government very well know this and that's how they get away with it.
Tell them what they want to hear and then go off and do your own thing because most won't know or care.

And this is both sides. They both do this right under the noses of American citizens.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I overheard a bunch of mouthbreathers in the senior pool the other day stating how they will not support Romney because "he wantsta put us on vouchers".....they will vote O anyway.
My MIL just got wind of the medicare voucher proposal but obviously not all of it.
She asked me if I knew about it and I said yes. Then she went on to say she was against it and didn't want to run out of money with those vouchers being used up in a couple of months. She was told by her friends that she'd get a voucher that would probably last 3-4 months before running out of money.

Now this is a woman who thought gas was still under $2.00/gallon until last week when she was with her friend who had to stop at the gas station on the way home. She is that oblivious to what is going on in the world. She only knows what her friends tell her and that is her world.

So she thinks if Romney is elected then she will get a voucher in January that will only last 3 months before running out of money. And I could not tell her otherwise because this is what all her friends told her (retirement community in Florida).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies