Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The culture of Latin America is infused with white supremacy.
Excuses excuses excuses...

And lame ones at that....

Gotta agree, the Aztec civilization surely did brainwash everyone that white's are superior to everyone else

Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
I dont want to live on this planet anymore

Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Excuses excuses excuses...

And lame ones at that....

Gotta agree, the Aztec civilization surely did brainwash everyone that white's are superior to everyone else
You do know about the heavy colonization of Latin America, right?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
You do know about the heavy colonization of Latin America, right?
Uh; before you go there, look at how the Aztecs treated other Indians in was is now Mexico BEFORE Cortes ever set foot there? The Indians were no worse or any better than whites or Blacks as a group.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?
That may be the case but some of your white people are still racist and discriminate against black people.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; before you go there, look at how the Aztecs treated other Indians in was is now Mexico BEFORE Cortes ever set foot there? The Indians were no worse or any better than whites or Blacks as a group.
I am not going to deny that, but the post came off as if their was one group of people in Latin America!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That may be the case but some of your white people are still racist and discriminate against black people.
Racism against others ain't just a "white" thing: I'll racism is alive and well in the "Black" world and I ain't just talking about Blacks hating white people cause they're just "white". Light skin "Blacks" bust on the darker ones a lot. Sheesh!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's a shame that you suffer from your own pity.

And who said I discussed the matter with just white people? Frankly, I'd prefer to have an open discussion about it with anyone rather than just flat out ignore that it even exists. Even if it means dismissing other blacks who refuse to acknowledge it.

Some of you sound like the very ignorant white people you complain about. When you try to call them out on their racism and they ignore it, then you're up in arms about it. However, when other blacks call you out on a similar problem in house, then you act just as they do.

You can have your "rules" and I'll live by my own. I'll discuss the issues openly with whomever I think I'd have constructive dialogue with. Even if it leaves some of you pulling your own hair out.
Here is the funny thing with the militant poster:
He is married to a white woman.
How can a person say the above,about whites not caring about black interpersonal relationships,when he IS married to them?
I guess his wife doesn't care about his interpersonal relationships?

SMh.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Here is the funny thing with the militant poster:
He is married to a white woman.
How can a person say the above,about whites not caring about black interpersonal relationships,when he IS married to them?
I guess his wife doesn't care about his interpersonal relationships?

SMh.
Maybe he means the majority of whites, and maybe specifically not his wife?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Ok,I see I made a mistake.
So,let me get it straight.
Its the white hispanics who are racist against black hispanics,and when they come to America carry those same beilefs over here by being raicist against black americans?

In other words,hispanics can be black or white,and the black ones are the same(racial) group as black americans?

I also learned Asians is too broad a category.
Remember the case of the Chinese Doctor who shot the Indian Doctor,because he said the Indian guy favored his people over him because he was Chinese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies