Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I've said it before. Immigrants are simply reacting to what they see around them and on TV. If you've had any meaningful interaction with urban African- American youth in a public settings there's a good chance it wasn't pleasant. The adults are marginally better.

For some reason African- American posters here are in big denial about how other Americans perceive them and why. Many seem to think White folks are somehow telling new immigrants not to like Blacks or that new immigrants are leery of Blacks because of Whites.

Here in the DC area, Immigrants have been avoiding the Black areas of town like the plague and are concentrated in Northern Virginia and Montgomery County, mostly white areas at least they used to be. The majority Black county in the DC area is the only one where school enrollment dropped and the few immigrants who make it out there live in little enclaves.

The denial from African- Americans about their own community is astonishing. I can't think of any reputable culture that would be satisfied being known for murder, violence, illegitmacy and lack of education.

Their reflexive focus on Whites is pathetic. Get a culture, raise your families, go to work, teach your kids how to act in school and maybe folks will not be leery of you.
It's hard not to agree with you on this, because I witness it first hand. I witness our denial of what a large segment of our own race has become. Unfortunately, there are far too many blacks involved a culture that celebrates the degradation of women, the primitive savagery of men, and promotion of a campaign of "not snitching" on the crime and violence that pervades many of our communities. I've been cautious about expressing the same sentiment for fear of fueling the ignorance of the forum bigots, but who can blame the rest of the world for their perception of us when too many of us want to be viewed as hardcore, as thugs, as people you should be scared of?

Bankstown 75th Ave *****s (Baton Rouge Louisiana) - YouTube

Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
I'll bet not one of them has a father, know what I'm sayin?

With the way everyone is holding themselves you'd swear it was a circle jerk....

Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
10. Stop lowering passing grades because blacks can't pass the current tests.
11. Stop implementing racial quota's because blacks can't qualify without them.

Maybe immigrants would start respecting blacks if they found blacks part of society rather than parasites on society who use every excuse under the Sun on why they can't get ahead...
12) Get young blacks to listen to BB King, Chuck Berry, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Luther Vandross, Miles Davis and other great black musicians instead of this talentless crackhouse garbage they are getting these days

Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?
Call them out for the racists they are.

Remind them that in the US we have a SHARED set of values and racism isn't one of them.

Deport them.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
It's hard not to agree with you on this, because I witness it first hand. I witness our denial of what a large segment of our own race has become. Unfortunately, there are far too many blacks involved a culture that celebrates the degradation of women, the primitive savagery of men, and promotion of a campaign of "not snitching" on the crime and violence that pervades many of our communities. I've been cautious about expressing the same sentiment for fear of fueling the ignorance of the forum bigots, but who can blame the rest of the world for their perception of us when too many of us want to be viewed as hardcore, as thugs, as people you should be scared of?

Bankstown 75th Ave *****s (Baton Rouge Louisiana) - YouTube

I applaud you for this post...... and what you say is EXACTLY why they need leaders like yourself to get involved and get the message out. Strong and intelligent folks who can lead no matter how involved you can get or how much time you can give

Plus 1

Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
why do people always respond to these race baiting threads. its intentional and people fall for it every time

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Is this simply a race issue or a class issue? I have been to Northern Virginia and it isn't like the upper class areas are all Whites and immigrants. You can't really "avoid blacks like the plague" in the DC area, but you can avoid poor blacks. By the way it isn't like Asian neighborhoods are just the best. Ever been to Chinatown in a major urban area like Boston or New York? It isn't like it is some sort of urban utopia where everything is new, clean, safe and state of the art. Also places called "little Africa", "little Havana", and "little Italy" aren't always the best neighborhoods either.
Who said anything about Asians having the best neighborhoods? Why do the African American posters get defensive when confronted with legitimate criticisms of their failing communities and seek to deflect criticism? However since you bring it up yes I've been to Chinatown in NYC, lived in NYC for 7 years. Do you know Chinatown is about as poor maybe even poorer than Harlem? Do you know that one of the best elementary schools in the city is located in Chinatown and students from wealthier areas of the cities try hard to get in?

Quote:
If immigrants have a negative perception of African-Americans, they have the same one of you. If you want to take the time out to prove to them that you do not fit their stereotypical view of people your complexion, that is on you. I choose not to waste my time with people who are so narrow-minded that they can't get past skin color.
They may or may not. The difference between Africans and African-Americans is that we are too busy trying to make it in America to worry too much about what others think of us. However I must tell you more and more non-Black people are acutely aware of th differences between Africans and African-Americans.

Quote:
I find it amusing how people think that they can talk about other races of people to people that aren't part of that race. I have heard Whites talk bad about Mexicans, Asians and African immigrants. I have heard Asians and Latinos talk bad about Whites and Blacks talk bad about Arabs and Latinos. I cringe when I hear it from anyone and it also lets me know that they will do it about my race as well. It is even worse when people are amongst the same race. You can blame black people all day, but racism is the problem not the solution. Discriminating then saying it is okay because some black people are bad isn't going to solve the problem.
Maybe we need to be clear about what discriminating means. If you mean denying someone opportunities in employment, housing etc. merely based on race than of course that is wrong.

However I think people are well within their rights to be leery of a group of people if all they've seen from them is utter rudeness, classless and a higher propensity to violence. It's human nature and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why do people always respond to these race baiting threads. its intentional and people fall for it every time
If you are not going to contribute something positive and accuse others of being racist for bringing up issues..... please go elsewhere

Thanks, signed those of us with heads not buried

Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?
In my opinion the door should have been shut after 12,000,000 + flooded the USA in the past 10 years.

Immigration should be extremely limited.

It's the only way that their culture can be properly assimilated into the American way.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is rampant racism versus darker skinned and black heritage people throughout south american and the carribean.

How bad is it? Bad enough that even famous multi-millionaires....oh, just look at the pictures.

Sammy Sosa - Google Search
I have pointed this out and argued, yes. White supremacy has killed black self-concept in Latin America. Still, many of us Afrodescendants south of the Rio Grande maintain pride in our African roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies