U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,975,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I know. I read that series years ago. We've mentioned often the corrosive effect white supremacy has had on our people.
Word has it that many Black Dominicans deny their "blackness" by holding on to their Hispanic culture and they're known for looking down on English speaking American Blacks. "Hispanic racism" goes both ways.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)

47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word has it that many Black Dominicans deny their "blackness" by holding on to their Hispanic culture and they're known for looking down on English speaking American Blacks. "Hispanic racism" goes both ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9j4BoZ***A

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,975,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To clarify, alot of middle class Blacks try very hard to separate themselves from that destructive culture. My family did. We moved far away, to the exurban areas, only to run into the destructive "redneck" culture. Some people who adhered to hood rat culture moved in. I haven't heard of any shootings or gang activity. However, my brother has friends who have gone to prison for drugs.

Alot of Black people don't want to be around that culture. Many times it works, they get away. Other times, some of the hood rats Black people try to avoid follow them into the suburbs.
Agreed. PWT are "anglo white" hood rats. The weird part is many white and a few Black people now call themselves "Rednecks" cause it means a plain talking "country" person in 2012. In 1960; "Redneck" was the same level as the N word.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)

47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Quote:
Agreed. PWT are "anglo white" hood rats. The weird part is many white and a few Black people now call themselves "Rednecks" cause it means a plain talking "country" person in 2012. In 1960; "Redneck" was the same level as the N word.
It's not considered a bad word. I went to high school with people who were proud to be "rednecks". I find that culture destructive. I've been at the receiving end of bullying from some people who proudly thought of themselves as "rednecks".

Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,906,678 times
Quote:
That is racism, sure, but it is the racism of self-hatred. Blackness is still blackness no matter who the colonizer was.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 16,479,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Please a Dominican will tell you real quick they ain't Black and want nothing to do with Blacks.

That would be illogical....Dominican is a nationality, not a race.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM

288 posts, read 242,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh my dear silly Eddie

Middle class and higher Black Americans have about as much control or power over lower class Black people as middle class and higher White Americans have over ALL White people. If this were possible then why haven't White Americans been able to stamp out trailer trash, redneck and hillbilly culture?

Thank you Mrs. Calipoppy! For some reason other races think that blacks are supposed to control other blacks, they still don't get how we are individuals. There are plenty of decent black people from where I am that stands up against black on black crime, we have marches and everything. If these people that commit the crimes are not ready to change what is it that we are supposed to do?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:56 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,771,919 times
LOL. White people in this country telling Blacks what to and not do. Incredible.

Newsflash. You may not have caused the centuries of oppression, racism and it's effect on generations of Blacks in this country, but you are living and enjoying the BENEFITS of that oppression and discrimination.

You and your families have enjoyed the benefits and opportunities granted to Whites and not Blacks. So stop it.

And is you think racism and discrimination no longer exist, then you believe Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM

16,352 posts, read 16,479,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why do people always respond to these race baiting threads. its intentional and people fall for it every time

Well, the internet is one of the few places where you will have people being truly honest about how they feel about MANY issues.

So we finally get to have that "honest discussion about race" right HERE!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM

288 posts, read 242,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, the internet is one of the few places where you will have people being truly honest about how they feel about MANY issues.

So we finally get to have that "honest discussion about race" right HERE!!!
Yet so many of you fail to talk about the problems in your race. I guess it's good to keep the focus on blacks, that way we don't have to focus on whiteys problems huh? Now let's see if you can have an honest discussion about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies