Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times

Advertisements

If any African America tells you that the most open racism if from other non white ethnic groups they are telling a lie. Still trying to figure out all those phantom weapons blacks have that only whites can see. Like the gun that turned into a phone or the shotgun that disappeared or cloaked itself. Don't forget the knife that was never there.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:18 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
Let me say this:

Foreigners learn everything about they know about amerikkka from white people and the media.... As a second point, my wife's cousin married a white man (god only knows why).
Pardon me, but your racist is showing there, Adolf.

Posts like this really make me wonder what is so wrong with the education system that such ignorance is so prevelant in modern society. My only guess is this guy never managed to make it past 7th grade and blames "amerikkka" for all his subsequent failures and disappointments.

As John Wayne once said: "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."

Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But to say that "race means nothing" is stupid and naive. This is America. It ALWAYS means something even if that something is insignificant.
Well it always will mean something to racists (i.e. those who believe everything is defined by race). To the rest of us, race is no more a factor than the birthplace of your ancestors, and I couldn't even begin to tell you where my neighbours families came from. It's simply not an issue.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Well it always will mean something to racists (i.e. those who believe everything is defined by race). To the rest of us, race is no more a factor than the birthplace of your ancestors, and I couldn't even begin to tell you where my neighbours families came from. It's simply not an issue.
(Shrugs shoulders) That's your opinion.

Still though, i'm talking about America, and in America, it always matters. Again, i said that sometimes it's insignificant. In that case, it's no big deal. But it does matter.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM

507 posts, read 513,856 times
There is nothing that can be done because people will think what they want to think about whoever it is they are discriminating against. If you are speaking on Asian Indians, being dark skinned is looked down upon and being light or having a White spouse is celebrated. Black, darker skinned, or other people of color do not fit in this realm whatsoever. What I have experienced as a Black American woman is people take in the worse of my people and try to state it is a fact for every single African American they come in contact with

They are so surprised that I speak properly (no it is not a White thing), that I actually attend college (was never told not to go and it was instilled in me since I was a child), and that I actually have goals. I also noticed that people automatically align themselves with the White majority but don't care to see the flaws in that or that they too, as Whites, have flaws just like anybody else. Bottom line, being Black in general is looked down upon whether you are at the top of your class, job, or socioeconomic group. And if you are at the top it must be contributed to you being "less Black", a rapper, a baller, acting "White", or some other b.s. stereotype

I have grown to learn you cannot change people's opinion, but if I had the same stereotypical opinions about other ethnic groups (especially immigrant groups), I would be chastised by those very people for generalizing. Even though they have done and will do the same to me and my people

You can't win for losing and you sometimes you lose to win

Old 12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I'm just curious. How in the world did you come to meet "most African-Americans?" That's a whole lot of people for one person to know.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Still though, i'm talking about America, and in America, it always matters. Again, i said that sometimes it's insignificant. In that case, it's no big deal. But it does matter.
Really? Then please explain why nobody could define George Zimmerman's race after the death of Trayvon Martin. The initial reports branded him a "white Hispanic" while his last name seems to indicate he is of Jewish ancestry. I wasn't aware that the Caucasian race included Hispanics and Jews... But hell, what difference does that make when your only goal is selling hate and racial intolerance to the buying public?

The only people race matters to is the racists themselves. Period. If it matters that much to you, you are a racist yourself by definition.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
What I have experienced as a Black American woman is people take in the worse of my people and try to state it is a fact for every single African American they come in contact with.
Nobody remembers the millions of drivers who operate automobiles responsibly, they only remember the drunks and drag racers.
Nobody remembers the millions of hunters who act responsibly in the field, they only remember the Dick Cheney types who shoot their friends or hunt drunk.
Nobody remembers the homeless people who live a difficult life in the shadows, they remember the homeless nutter who pushed someone in front of a subway.
Nobody remembers the millions of Southern Americans who lead productive lives, they remember the drunk rednecks who dragged a black man behind a pickup truck.
Nobody remembers the millions of Muslims around the world that want nothing but peace, they remember the insane al-Qaeda types that attacked America on 9/11.

It is always human nature to focus on negative stereotypes. Black Americans are not the only people that are victims of this.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
Most Asian immigrants don't have positive experiences with black and Hispanic people. I was at a Chinese takeaway yesterday in a semi-gentrified area of New York. This loud hysterical Puerto Rican started screaming at the cashier that he would "send him back to his country." So, yeah, I can see why many Asian immigrants don't respond positively to these sorts of wild animals.

Let's also not forget there was a series of black on Asian murders that were going down in San Francisco. Sadly an 80 year old Chinese grandfather was killed. A group of thugs with similar appearance to Chief Keef pushed him out into the train tracks. He died that night.
I can't believe there is never a loud and obnoxious white customer. Etc. People tend to highlight negative behavior when it comes from a group they don't like, and attribute that behavior to the group, instead of the individual.

I have met dumb people of every ethnic origin, but I don't assume everyone from that group is like that dummy.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Really? Then please explain why nobody could define George Zimmerman's race after the death of Trayvon Martin. The initial reports branded him a "white Hispanic" while his last name seems to indicate he is of Jewish ancestry. I wasn't aware that the Caucasian race included Hispanics and Jews... But hell, what difference does that make when your only goal is selling hate and racial intolerance to the buying public?

The only people race matters to is the racists themselves. Period. If it matters that much to you, you are a racist yourself by definition.
Huh? Jewish people are primarily Caucasian but we come in ALL colors. Go to Israel sometime and see for yourself.

Also, someone can be named 'George Zimmerman' and be both Hispanic and Jewish. There are people in my congregation from Mexico and Argentina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies