Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This thread is on page 41. I wasn't going to read that many pages...
The post in question is on page 41 - it is post #403 - the one to which you responded.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I must say that when I was a realtor the only individuals that ever openly stated they did not want to live with blacks and hispanics were foreign born people of color. The most blatant racism displayed was when I drove by a mosque when showing a native of India homes. He sure as hell was not going to buy a home in that neighborhood.

I honestly have not encountered that much racism in real life. Yes, I am a white guy, but the wife ain't a white girl). On the internet it is a whole different story.
OTOH at least here in Arizona; word is and I've SEEN it, where there are Indians from India living, people from Pakistan have the rep of living in the same areas and both groups work TOGETHER. Too busy making money I guess to have a "civil war". LOL

Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
I tend to make far less of a distinction among idiots, though imo, it seems other ethnic groups often seem to spend far less time focusing on others than whites. I am of African descent, though not African-American. Generally speaking, I have little issues with other ethnic groups. Plenty ethnic groups stick to their own, and I have no issue with it. I generally don't care how whites feel about me either. As long as you are not in my way getting again, it matters not to me overall. I believe in maintaining my culture, while getting as far as possible in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The "openly" disdainful part... most whites these days keep their prejudice to themselves, expressed only among other whites. (Same thing black people usually do re their own prejudices).

Other minorities (outside the historical black/white experience in America) have been doing the same for decades, more covertly.

What else is, "marry another Asian," or "marry another Colombian," "marry an Indian" or even, "marry a Jew" other than a covert way of saying, "stick to our race?" --- we accept those sentiments as cultural nuances, when I personally view them as pretty blatant expressions of racism.

The desire of a Chinese mother to have Chinese culture and looking grandchildren is no different than that of a white American mother to have same.
It depends. Marrying another Colombian is not the same as saying marrying "white" because Colombians can be of all different backgrounds. Chinese is a nationality, not a so-called race. Same with Indian. It has to go further than nationality in order to become racial. When a "white" says to marry another "white," they don't care what their ethnicity is, but that they marry someone with same so-called racial features.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-16-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I tend to make far less of a distinction among idiots, though imo, it seems other ethnic groups often seem to spend far less time focusing on others than whites. I am of African descent, though not African-American. Generally speaking, I have little issues with other ethnic groups. Plenty ethnic groups stick to their own, and I have no issue with it. I generally don't care how whites feel about me either. As long as you are not in my way getting again, it matters not to me overall. I believe in maintaining my culture, while getting as far as possible in this country.

It depends. Marrying another Colombian is not the same as saying marrying "white" because Colombians can be of all different backgrounds. Chinese is a nationality, not a so-called race. Same with Indian. It has to go further than nationality in order to become racial. When a "white" says to marry another "white," they don't care what their ethnicity is, but that they marry someone with same so-called racial features.
Word is many Dominican ladies in the US who def ARE "Black" AND "Hispanic" will only marry anglo white men. Blacks don't count, even Dom Black dudes. That smells like racism and denial of their own heritage to me.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word is many Dominican ladies in the US who def ARE "Black" AND "Hispanic" will only marry anglo white men. Blacks don't count, even Dom Black dudes. That smells like racism and denial of their own heritage to me.
Lots of Latinas and Asians, and even a few women of African descent such as African immigrants, Caribbeans and some African Americans are like that as well. It's just self-hatred and internalization of white supremacist culture.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
make sure you put their kids into the liberal brain washing indoctrination camps that white people were put into starting in the 90s. Pretty soon you will have little asian people going around attacking people for just saying the word "black".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Lots of Latinas and Asians, and even a few women of African descent such as African immigrants, Caribbeans and some African Americans are like that as well. It's just self-hatred and internalization of white supremacist culture.
Maybe but; decent Black DUDES who take care of business don't seem to have problems finding good ladies of any "race". It may NOT be "race" but "attitude", then that pushes many darker skin ladies towards us pasty dudes in 2014.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
make liberals tell the truth about the origins of planned parenthood and its founder margaret sanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
5. Prohibit the government from giving aid to poor [and black] children who honestly want to go to college, thus limiting higher education to the rich.

6. Go on national television and blame the children for not being born into a rich family, and tell them to "borrow money from your parents".

7. When asked what to do if their parents are poor, tell them to apply for a loan. Then do nothing to help them pay off that loan. Then do nothing to encourage businesses to hire people based on merit, not race. In other words, put forth every conceivable obstacle in the path of poor ghetto black kids, discourage them at every turn, blame them for their poverty, and when they end up joining gangs and using welfare, shrug your shoulders and say, "Well, it's their fault! They didn't work hard enough!"
8. ???
9. Profit!!![/quote]

Old 02-16-2014, 10:18 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Not sure how that relates to the thrust of my post, but it does confirm that it all depends on the individual.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Maybe but; decent Black DUDES who take care of business don't seem to have problems finding good ladies of any "race". It may NOT be "race" but "attitude", then that pushes many darker skin ladies towards us pasty dudes in 2014.
You pasty dudes are no better, collectively, or worse for that matter, than black dudes or other dudes whom women of color abandon in favor of whites. It is only perception that matters and that, of course, is artificially manipulated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.