Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,825,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I am mixed (some white some black some brown) and the only people I have ever felt racism from is white males.

Does that mean EVERY SINGLE WHITE MALE IS RACIST? NO

You cannot generalize a whole group because of one individual.

Oh and only once I have been publicly scolded for speaking any other language than english (I was talking to someone in german and a white women came to me and asked me what was the language I was speaking, when I told her is German she said, I did not know there was a german population in this area you do not look german and really I dont).

Not that that was any of her business.
Uh; same thing hearing a Black person talking in Gaelic cause most "Irish" people ARE "white". Germans; same thing, most of your people ain't anything but white.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:58 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,767,207 times
Whites in the last 30 years have evolved as far as racism..Others from other ethnic groups especially new immigrants may not have progressed. Nothing wrong with getting peeved off at a person of another race if they are being a jerk- even if you use a racial insult...but to believe that all people of a certain race...are all the same is stupid...Prejudice has weakened among this generation of white people...not so with other groups..who may be decades behind in social development.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,366,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; same thing hearing a Black person talking in Gaelic cause most "Irish" people ARE "white". Germans; same thing, most of your people ain't anything but white.
I do not understand how is that any of anyone business if I was not talking to that person. I find that kind of comments rude.

There are plenty people in Europe that look like me, I am of an olive complexion, and in any case, you do not need to know why I person that is not speaking to you is speaking in another language. It is rude and borderline harassment. People need to mind their own business.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Whites in the last 30 years have evolved as far as racism..Others from other ethnic groups especially new immigrants may not have progressed. Nothing wrong with getting peeved off at a person of another race if they are being a jerk- even if you use a racial insult...but to believe that all people of a certain race...are all the same is stupid...Prejudice has weakened among this generation of white people...not so with other groups..who may be decades behind in social development.
Not all whites quite frankly, but most.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I do not understand how is that any of anyone business if I was not talking to that person. I find that kind of comments rude.

There are plenty people in Europe that look like me, I am of an olive complexion, and in any case, you do not need to know why I person that is not speaking to you is speaking in another language. It is rude and borderline harassment. People need to mind their own business.
Sometimes I hear a language other than English and am just "curious" what it is. Not long ago I head some white people talking and couldn't make out what it was, they were from Puerto Rico and their Spanish was so different from the Mexican stuff it threw me off. Another time I heard 2 "Latina" looking ladies talking, it was a language from India. "Wrong" kind of "Indian". LOL.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I hear a language other than English and am just "curious" what it is. Not long ago I head some white people talking and couldn't make out what it was, they were from Puerto Rico and their Spanish was so different from the Mexican stuff it threw me off. Another time I heard 2 "Latina" looking ladies talking, it was a language from India. "Wrong" kind of "Indian". LOL.
I just hope you don't go to them and ask them questions specially if they are not talking to you. And the whole attitude of that was like, are you from here? Yeah I am, I just happen to be entertaining a german person that is a tourist and it is the only way to communicate.

I do not approach people randomly and asked them questions; it is rude and innapropriate, especially on matters of race and color. How is my german affecting this woman I do not know. I was very polite, as I do not want her to come here and say "One brown woman was being rude to me for being a noisy person" LOL

Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I just hope you don't go to them and ask them questions specially if they are not talking to you. And the whole attitude of that was like, are you from here? Yeah I am, I just happen to be entertaining a german person that is a tourist and it is the only way to communicate.

I do not approach people randomly and asked them questions; it is rude and innapropriate, especially on matters of race and color. How is my german affecting this woman I do not know. I was very polite, as I do not want her to come here and say "One brown woman was being rude to me for being a noisy person" LOL
Uh; I've walked up and asked but I was POLITE about it. OTOH: talking in a language that's NOT English in the US can also be rude. Hearing a bunch of Hispanics of ANY "race" talking away in Spanish while they're working in McDonalds DOES make me mad.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Uh; I've walked up and asked but I was POLITE about it. OTOH: talking in a language that's NOT English in the US can also be rude. Hearing a bunch of Hispanics of ANY "race" talking away in Spanish while they're working in McDonalds DOES make me mad.
It is not of your business what people is saying unless they are talking to you. There is no official language in the US. Mind your own business.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 PM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Blacks are discriminated the world over, whether in Southeast Asia, India, Russia, Mexico, etc. I do think shows like Cops make immigrants think black people are all criminals, and it probably doesn't help so many Koreans, Chinese & Arabs open up shops and restaurants in the ghetto to give them that perception.
The world's opinions is also based on what they see going on in the countries in African and in places like Haiti. Like the tribal conflicts and genocides, and black people still living in Stone Age conditions. And the AIDS epidemic, considering that much of AIDS transmission is through sex. No wonder blacks are looked down upon.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:03 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Hence why I rarely speak about it, especially with AAs. Many will just blantantly deny it. I'm at the point that I'd probably have a discussion with someone about it other than other blacks simply based on what you stated above.

Again, it's just personal experience and observation.

Funny thing is, when white people discriminate or benefit from "white privelege" then "we all black" and must mobolize against it. When the issue of "light skin privelege" emerges then everyone becomes mute.
You're confused, and I feel sorry for you.

I mean, you'd rather talk to white people about it? How pathetic is THAT?

White people don't give a damn about black interpersonal relationships....no one ever told you that? You CAN'T BE that silly!

As a rule, I don't EVER discuss intra-black issues with non blacks. And I'm certainly not lame enough to go cry on white folks shoulders! That's an Uncle Tom move in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.