Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It ain't just "Black" women: big buff anglo white women DON'T do it for me either. I prefer white women but I'd date a rounded Black lady who has "curves" in the right places over some 6 foot tall white weightlifter woman.
I'm talking about cultural conditioning. Something you're not always aware of when it's happening.

Remember JonBenet Ramsey, the very young girl who was a "beauty queen" before she was murdered? Think about the success of all those beauty pageants for little girls where they are dressed up like grown up women in sexy outfits? Cosmetic companies used to hire little girls as young as 6 to photograph for ads in magazines....they would make up their faces, use a slightly blurred image, and there you have it. It seems that these "innocent" faces (the younger the better) sold a lot of cosmetics. Now, why would grown up white women want to look as innocent as a 6 year old??? Somewhere people got this idea that "young, innocent, child-like" appearances appealed to a lot of men. When you compare that type of image to a strong, athletic, muscular black woman, well, it's not so hard to see the problem.
Images for jonbenet ramsey

Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You are so full of crap, I bet your eyes are brown.

Personally, I like women with hips wider than shoulders.
Venus is much more attractive than Serena.
Strike a nerve there, did I, buddy. There was just no way you could have responded without a nasty personal attack, huh? And, no, my eyes are not brown, they are green/blue.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
you all are always analyzing black people from our hair, to our skin to our bodies..you think after all this time you'd be used to us now

Old 09-09-2012, 06:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm talking about cultural conditioning. Something you're not always aware of when it's happening.

Remember JonBenet Ramsey, the very young girl who was a "beauty queen" before she was murdered? Think about the success of all those beauty pageants for little girls where they are dressed up like grown up women in sexy outfits? Cosmetic companies used to hire little girls as young as 6 to photograph for ads in magazines....they would make up their faces, use a slightly blurred image, and there you have it. It seems that these "innocent" faces (the younger the better) sold a lot of cosmetics. Now, why would grown up white women want to look as innocent as a 6 year old??? Somewhere people got this idea that "young, innocent, child-like" appearances appealed to a lot of men. When you compare that type of image to a strong, athletic, muscular black woman, well, it's not so hard to see the problem.
Images for jonbenet ramsey
Uh; kids don't do it for me either. I few months back I saw a "12 year old girl" and rolled my eyes cause she was by herself in a tire store. The joke was on me: this "girl" was actually about 22 or so but looked like a bigger JonBenet. She asked me a question so we talked a bit.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
(le sigh)

Why are Black women (and Black people in general) always fodder for discussion? Seriously, why?

But to honestly answer the OP's original question specifically, I believe that there is a "fascination" that is sexually tinged in many cases. Discussions of Serena Williams' physique always reminds me of the same type of "fascination" that was thrust upon Sarah Baartman (aka the Hottentot Venus).

Who Is Sara Baartman? Every black woman should know her name - YouTube

Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Watching the U.S. Open reminded me of the caustic remarks that were heard about Serena Williams body throughout her career and how those remarks are virtually identical to those made about Michelle Obama. Both women possess the musculature common amongst athletically built black women. Characteristics that are considered exceptionally attractive to black men and men who appreciate a woman's body that isn't the Barbiesque body type that seems to be most attractive to white men as evidenced by the fact that white women suffer far higher incidents of anorexia and bulimia than their black sisters in an attempt to fit within the white standard of appropriate body type.

So what is it about white men and the musculature of black women?
I think you've stumbled onto a very volatile subject here. The "white male system" (value system) preference for white women who are small and child-like in their appearance gets dangerously close to looking into the subconscious at things people work very hard to bury.

However, big companies with lots of money to spend on advertising have figured out what appeals to so many. Women know what men consider attractive and usually try very hard to achieve that kind of "beauty." Therefore the use of girl children and teenagers as models. Kinda goes to the "Lolita" thing.

I have found it endlessly fascinating to watch the reactions of many to Michelle Obama. Her appearance seems to be enormously threatening to lots of people....yet, I would contend if you made her a white woman, many would call her very attractive....she's tall, can wear amazing clothes, beautiful face, smart, educated, a loving mother, "everything" you'd want to be.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
there are white women who are built muscular too. some become that way as they get older

Old 09-09-2012, 06:28 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Watching the U.S. Open reminded me of the caustic remarks that were heard about Serena Williams body throughout her career and how those remarks are virtually identical to those made about Michelle Obama. Both women possess the musculature common amongst athletically built black women. Characteristics that are considered exceptionally attractive to black men and men who appreciate a woman's body that isn't the Barbiesque body type that seems to be most attractive to white men as evidenced by the fact that white women suffer far higher incidents of anorexia and bulimia than their black sisters in an attempt to fit within the white standard of appropriate body type.

So what is it about white men and the musculature of black women?
LOL!

They're built like men! That's the issue.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I also find black women to be very attractive.
Yeah me too. I had a poster of Serena Williams on the inside of my locker door at work from her famous SI photos. I was advised to take it down or run afoul of corporate PC liberal policies, so I did. Thanks trial lawyers, thanks Democrats, thanks liberals. Thanks OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies