Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; kids don't do it for me either. I few months back I saw a "12 year old girl" and rolled my eyes cause she was by herself in a tire store. The joke was on me: this "girl" was actually about 22 or so but looked like a bigger JonBenet. She asked me a question so we talked a bit.
But kids "do it" for a LOT of guys. I'm sure that 22 year old, who looked 12, is aware of how attractive she is to most men.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yeah me too. I had a poster of Serena Williams on the inside of my locker door at work from her famous SI photos. I was advised to take it down or run afoul of corporate PC liberal policies, so I did. Thanks trial lawyers, thanks Democrats, thanks liberals. Thanks OP.
Don't blame that on Dems or liberals.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
I'm a white dude, and I've always said that I like my women like I like my beer: dark and stout, or yellow and crisp

Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 PM

490 posts, read 650,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I do to. Just not ones that look like Chewbacca or ones with bodies that could be mistaken for a mans.
Second thread where you refer to her as that. Racist idiot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
(le sigh)

Why are Black women (and Black people in general) always fodder for discussion? Seriously, why?

But to honestly answer the OP's original question specifically, I believe that there is a "fascination" that is sexually tinged in many cases. Discussions of Serena Williams' physique always reminds me of the same type of "fascination" that was thrust upon Sarah Baartman (aka the Hottentot Venus).

Who Is Sara Baartman? Every black woman should know her name - YouTube
I think it's really a question of why lots of white males react to certain black women the way they do.

Seems to me that the problem is really very old and goes to the white male value system. The "perfect" woman for people who have those values is a small, child-like, perfect-body (like Barbie, whose body is not perfect at all) "woman" who is rather subservient.....except when the male wants her to be the entertainment for being outspoken and feisty......but once the entertainment is over for his friends, he wants her to fall in line with his beliefs and positions again. As I've said before, it's easy to see in fashion magazines the "ideal" women for most white males. These men seem to need to attack black women who have strong, muscular bodies, like Michelle Obama and the tennis stars. The attacks on this board of Michelle Obama's appearance continue to shock me! I can't think of any other reason than she contradicts what these people have been culturally conditioned to see as "beauty."

Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm a white dude, and I've always said that I like my women like I like my beer: dark and stout, or yellow and crisp
and "my women" says it all.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
One, let me say Serena is one fine woman. My primary attraction is more toward petite, naturally tanned, women with a little extra in the posterior most often found among Latinas and Filipinas, but I find relatively height and weight proportionate women of all body types and colors attractive. I do confess I find women taller than me a bit odd. Of course I am 6'1" so women taller than me aren't real common.

Two, I heard a lot of degrading comments concerning Hillary's looks when she was 1st lady, more than I have of Michelle and can't recall that many comments I have heard degrading Serena's physique.

Three, attacking the looks of wives and children (particularly children) of prominent politicians is pretty sad.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM

635 posts, read 539,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think it's really a question of why lots of white males react to certain black women the way they do.

Seems to me that the problem is really very old and goes to the white male value system. The "perfect" woman for people who have those values is a small, child-like, perfect-body (like Barbie, whose body is not perfect at all) "woman" who is rather subservient.....except when the male wants her to be the entertainment for being outspoken and feisty......but once the entertainment is over for his friends, he wants her to fall in line with his beliefs and positions again. As I've said before, it's easy to see in fashion magazines the "ideal" women for most white males. These men seem to need to attack black women who have strong, muscular bodies, like Michelle Obama and the tennis stars. The attacks on this board of Michelle Obama's appearance continue to shock me! I can't think of any other reason than she contradicts what these people have been culturally conditioned to see as "beauty."
Lots of white mean react a certain way? So they've done studies on this?

Why don't you just provide us links to these studies, and then all the supposition and conjecture in this thread can be laid to rest.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
there are white women who are built muscular too. some become that way as they get older
And they are considered less and less attractive. You don't see them on billboards and in magazine advertisements so much, you know.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
Lots of white mean react a certain way? So they've done studies on this?

Why don't you just provide us links to these studies, and then all the supposition and conjecture in this thread can be laid to rest.
Just open your eyes and look around you. What do you see? In the movies, on TV, in advertisements, etc. THAT'S cultural conditioning. If those images didn't appeal to lots of people, they wouldn't be out there.

Go to your nearest university with a Women's Studies Department, and start reading if you really want to understand this subject. However, my guess is that you just really don't want to think for a second that your desires have anything at all to do with anything that YOU didn't absolutely control. And, no, I'm not a lesbian man-hater. Not in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies