Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He is already saying that republicans will blame conservatives when they lose. He also said its the end of the GOP if they lose. He was so depressed about all the great Obama news today. All the polls and then this
Manufacturing jobs boom is for real - Sep. 10, 2012

Yeah! I love to hear him in full desperation.
I was listening to a Rush show on the radio a few months ago (no other talk show to listen to on a Sturday) where he was challenging his listeners to come up with a recent Pres election where a moderate Repub actually won against the Dem candidate. Rush insisted that Repubs ONLY win when they run a conservative candidate. Rush's point was that Romney is not a true conservative and that he would lose just like every other candidate who was not a true conservative.

But it's great for Rush's ratings to have a Dem Pres and/or houses of congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM

876 posts, read 708,843 times
Quote:
He is already saying that republicans will blame conservatives when they lose. He also said its the end of the GOP if they lose. He was so depressed about all the great Obama news today. All the polls and then this
Manufacturing jobs boom is for real - Sep. 10, 2012

Yeah! I love to hear him in full desperation.
Why would he be in desperation over any of this? Why would you care? And why are you so happy at another person's misery?

Old 09-10-2012, 03:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Why would he be in desperation over any of this? Why would you care? And why are you so happy at another person's misery?
limbaugh.....give me a break

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

876 posts, read 708,843 times
Quote:
limbaugh.....give me a break
And? Why wish pain on another? Aren't you mad because he wants obama out of the White House? Why stoop to his level if you don't like how he acts?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM

57,265 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Limbaugh had a sense of humor in the past but lately he looks like he is about to have a stroke. I don't really take many of the things stated by media types seriously, most of it is for done for shock value, which Limbaugh has done well in the past to increase his ratings. Hannity, Coulter, Michelle Malkin, I remember Malkin appeared on PBS in the past as a respected reporter from Atlanta, she decided that ratings and money are more important than respected news commentary. It's all about money, not about principles or conviction.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I never believe a word that comes out of Limbaugh.

Dear god, how can you stand to listen to him?
I repeat from a post I made on another forum. I think MORE liberals listen to Limbaugh than anyone else.

I get to catch up on his show, by reading the liberal rants.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Limbaugh had a sense of humor in the past but lately he looks like he is about to have a stroke. I don't really take many of the things stated by media types seriously, most of it is for done for shock value, which Limbaugh has done well in the past to increase his ratings. Hannity, Coulter, Michelle Malkin, I remember Malkin appeared on PBS in the past as a respected reporter from Atlanta, she decided that ratings and money are more important than respected news commentary. It's all about money, not about principles or conviction.
Or truth.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol! I wonder how big Limbaugh's liberal listening audience is...you guys always seem to know what he's talking about.
There is always Media Matters for them to get twisted word versions of. I will listen to him Friday to see what he says and if it has anything to do with what enemy country says he said.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I actually agree. I see Obama winning by a landslide and many, many GOP congresspeople being put out.

The GOP headquarters in St Paul has not paid their rent or utilities in months. They are going broke from lack of support.

I would really like to see the Independent Party pick up the non-Democratic voters and leave the nutjobs out and just go back to the core issues.

The country needs checks and balances
. The "conservatives" have been anything BUT conservative for the last 50 years. I mean did any of them look up the word "conservative" in the dictionary to see what it means?

They are more radical than conservative. They are just slightly left of the Taliban IMO.
Do we get those checks and balances with nothing but Democrats in power? Well, I guess so since we got Obamacare and Stimulus when we were like that. Whee, just think what they may do if we have that Obama landslide and the coat tail effect.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I never believe a word that comes out of Limbaugh.

Dear god, how can you stand to listen to him?
After you listen to Pelosi, Obama, or Biden for 30 seconds Limbaugh's a Gulf Stream of fresh air. (Okay, Biden's good for a laugh at least.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies