U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM

3,384 posts, read 4,091,696 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who works for AP and was assigned to Bush's entourage to cover him. GWB knew him on a first name basis and was very friendly to him. My friend was a liberal as well but he said that Bush was incredibly intelligent and a very nice person.

I only hate GWB's action of caving in and spending like a liberal. That is the worst thing he ever did as it put us on the path of destruction. We can see the results of the massive government overspending that continues to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM

2,756 posts, read 5,323,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't hate GW Bush. I just consider him incompetent to be an executive of any kind. He does not seem to have the mindset or skills required. That is not his fault. Apparently he did not have enough sense to realize he could not do the job of being President of the United States

I do regret the damage he allowed his assistants to do to this country and its economy. It will take a long time to recover from the excesses of two unnecessary wars. I hope he is enjoying his retirement.

Agreed..couldn't have said it better. I have absolutely have nothing personal against this man. As a matter of fact, I think the day he steped down from office I could see he was glad to be done.

Last edited by Gil3; 09-11-2012 at 12:03 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM

6,475 posts, read 6,186,053 times
Nope. I don't hate him, I just strongly disagree with his policies.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM

174 posts, read 77,410 times
Nicknaming Karl Rove, "Turdblossom", is as far as he could go without being killed.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,194,455 times
I hate the two unnecessary and unfunded wars, the unfunded gift to the big drug companies and running a strong economy into the ground. Scrub was just a tool of the Koch Bros and the cheney/rove devil.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,795,631 times
Bush isn't the reason the economy is in the situation it is now...Clinton is. Clinton did two things that ramped up the great recession by far more than Bush could have ever done. Clinton was the executive that presided over the repeal of Glass Steagall which was a depression era law that prevented reckless speculation and he ramped up the community reinvestment act to appease his base. Community Reinvestment mandated banks make bad loans in previously redlined areas to increase home ownership. It's a nice theory but it doesn't work when people can't pay their mortgages. Forcing banks into making ill-advised loans all the while repealing the law that prevented financial schemes like packing mortgage backed securities caused the recession. Bush definitely holds responsibility for adding a lot to the deficit but saying that his is solely responsible for the recession shows a pretty elementary understanding of even basic economics.

I should point out that I say this as a Keynesian and a political liberal. So please don't repsond with misguided attacks about me being a part of the GOP

Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,599,816 times
Nope - I can't say I agree with much that happened under his administration. I don't even think that he had too much to do with some of the blunders during his time - I would be more inclined to find fault with the Rumsfeld's and Rove's.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM

22,894 posts, read 16,275,630 times
No.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,939,217 times
Pretty close to hate for me.

My best friend Chris is still suffering from PTSD after 2 tours in Iraq, he has lost most everything.

Which was a false war.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,795,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Pretty close to hate for me.

My best friend Chris is still suffering from PTSD after 2 tours in Iraq, he has lost most everything.

Which was a false war.

I'm sorry but I must have missed the notifications about the draft that occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies