Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Why is this post allowed to stand?

I guess I can post a thread with the alternate view, right?

Maybe I will. Maybe I will post a thread asking why men are allowed to run anything since they are statistically more aggressive and violent than women.
Look, my post is not hateful. It might hurt peoples feelings. It was meant to start up a philosophical debate about whether or not women voting has been helpful or harmful.

My contention is that, because of women's nature, they tend to be overly emotional, and tend to believe that government should basically do everything through a safety net. Its part of being a maternal human-being, where you feel the need to look out for others.

My contention though is, women aren't great at making people responsible for themselves. And that their policies tend to cause higher rates of unemployment, welfare reliance, and actually push people further apart.

My argument is based on historical evidence over the past 100 years, which shows this trend very clearly. And while correlation is not the same as causation. There is plenty of evidence that shows women tend to be much further to the left on the political spectrum than men, and there is also evidence that shows that this drift to the left has been the primary blame for the negative social effects we have seen over the last several decades.

It is quite true that men tend to be more violent, and are more likely to have big ego's and want to go to war and take take take. So yes, please make an alternative point-of-view, and support it with facts, I don't care.

But the sad reality is, we have fought more wars and interventions in the pasts 60 years than we did prior to that. Crime rates went have also gone through the roof compared to what they were in the past. So I don't think you can show that men voting actually has any real negatives compared to women voting.

Unless of course, you're a statist/egalitarian type. Then of course, men are evil.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Isn't there an old saying about not letting women anywhere near your credit cards?

I would say that while women do run budgets at home, thats not exactly the same as understanding economics. I would say that the indebtedness of the average family can be directly related to women. Who tend to want the nice cars, nice houses, and big spending on things like Christmas gifts and vacations.

Men in my experience, seem to be much more likely to be cheap.

I do agree that I shouldn't paint all women with the same brush, obviously there are many women who are very knowledgeable about economics, and are far less likely to run off their emotions. I do feel like the average women is significantly different than the average man, in terms of their feelings about different issues. And so therefore, if you allow all women to vote, then it will greatly change the outcome of elections.

My argument is simply that, women's effect on elections has been wholly to the detriment of our nation, and so therefore it serves no purpose. Therefore, it irritates me that women are even given the right to vote at all, because their vote ends up being harmful. Therefore, I wish they did not have the right to vote. Because I think we would be better off.

Am I wrong?
Yes.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
OP - That is a very brave, incredibly ill informed and profoundly foolish statement. It is a completely mirror image view of reality. Man - you got it wrong.

I, too, have lived with and around women most of my life. The time I was living with men still gives me nightmares although I survived the madness. I prefer living with women. They are far more rational and sensible than men.

Women were not "given" the vote any more than workers, blacks, small merchants or any others that were not the landowning white gentlemen mentioned in the original Constitution. Expanding the franchise has helped the United States become less of a wealth dominated (like slave owning) Republic and more of a Democracy. I prefer that to what might have been if the voting requirements had not changed.

PS: What ever this guy is smoking I want to stay as far away from it as possible. It leads to blindness and delusion.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
I hate to sound sexist, I'm really not. I have been around women all my life. But, women don't think the same as men. And there is certainly nothing wrong with the way women think in general terms. They are useful at being caretakers, that maternal instinct. But I still think allowing them to vote was a horrible idea.

Anyway, I was looking over some Pew research studies today, and saw this quiz to see how you line up on the political spectrum(I'm right where I thought I would be, rofl).

Political Party Quiz | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Anyway, when i was going over the average results by sex, I noticed that women tend to be significantly more leftist than men. Which is really pretty much common sense. But, it got me thinking, how would this country have been different if women had never been allowed to vote.

Well, I can't say that we are any better off because of the woman vote. I really blame them for the welfare state that we are becoming. And the total destruction of the family and our values. While imposing strict social engineering and economic controls.

Basically, I feel that women are ruining America.

If you disagree, then please explain what the woman vote has done to help America in any conceivable way.
Great, now having a penis should be required for the right to vote? really?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Look, my post is not hateful. It might hurt peoples feelings. It was meant to start up a philosophical debate about whether or not women voting has been helpful or harmful.

My contention is that, because of women's nature, they tend to be overly emotional, and tend to believe that government should basically do everything through a safety net. Its part of being a maternal human-being, where you feel the need to look out for others.

My contention though is, women aren't great at making people responsible for themselves. And that their policies tend to cause higher rates of unemployment, welfare reliance, and actually push people further apart.

My argument is based on historical evidence over the past 100 years, which shows this trend very clearly. And while correlation is not the same as causation. There is plenty of evidence that shows women tend to be much further to the left on the political spectrum than men, and there is also evidence that shows that this drift to the left has been the primary blame for the negative social effects we have seen over the last several decades.

It is quite true that men tend to be more violent, and are more likely to have big ego's and want to go to war and take take take. So yes, please make an alternative point-of-view, and support it with facts, I don't care.

But the sad reality is, we have fought more wars and interventions in the pasts 60 years than we did prior to that. Crime rates went have also gone through the roof compared to what they were in the past. So I don't think you can show that men voting actually has any real negatives compared to women voting.

Unless of course, you're a statist/egalitarian type. Then of course, men are evil.
You are making the assumption that one method of choosing an elected official is superior to another without any hard evidence to back it up. How do you determine why choosing one president over another is better when people have disagreements on which policies are better for the country?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshadowz View Post
look, my post is not hateful."""

yes, your post expressed hatred for women. Anytime you want to deny rights to a segment of the population whether it's women or prople of color or gays or baptists it's hate in action.

"" it might hurt peoples feelings."""

you're projecting, not eveyone is as emotionally immature....the op it was so ridiculous that it didn't/couldn't.....and no post ever said it did but you don't dare read anyone else's posts showing how wrong you are....but you rely on your 9th grade teacher for all your info...

""it was meant to start up a philosophical debate about whether or not women voting has been helpful or harmful.

My contention though is, women aren't great at making people responsible for themselves.""""

if they were personally responsible what their mother did or didn't do wouldn't matter Why don't you think fathers have anything to do with how children grow up??? Are they too stupid???

you can be whiney and blame women for all your faults but they're still yours.:d

"""and that their policies tend to cause higher rates of unemployment, welfare reliance, and actually push people further apart.

It is quite true that men tend to be more violent, and are more likely to have big ego's and want to go to war and take take take. So yes, please make an alternative point-of-view, and support it with facts, i don't care.

But the sad reality is, we have fought more wars and interventions in the pasts 60 years than we did prior to that."""""

Geee, MR. Gibson forgot to tell you about a thing called the Civil War...before women could vote....killed more Americans than WW1, WW2, Korean War and Vietnam.

"""""Crime rates went have also gone through the roof compared to what they were in the past. So i don't think you can show that men voting actually has any real negatives compared to women voting.

slmbw

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 09-12-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
And need I remind you that all those wars were started by highly aggressive males on one side or the other.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM

613 posts, read 815,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And does size matter? Is longer better than shorter, or vice versa?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM

629 posts, read 946,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Maybe you could use it as a stylus.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I've said it many times: feminism is a divine chastisement for men:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead you cause you to err, and destroy the way of your paths." - Isaiah 3:12
I thought Old Testament law didn't apply to Christians.

Quote:
Look, my post is not hateful. .
No, it's trollish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies