Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM

220 posts, read 475,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
But, women don't think the same as men.

Thank god! Men have ruined this world! "WE" almost ruined the entire world do in part to POOR choices and greed. It was only in 2007, did you forget those events were triggered by MEN!

Tony,
The Hitman

Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
@ Redshadowz

Could you tell me which aspects of the voting history of the US you feel should be kept, which should be absolved and which should be re-introduced?

You stated in post #222 that:
Quote:
Did women really have absolutely anything to do with policies that made this nation great? Had women been able to vote in 1776, would we be better off or worse off than we are today? Had men without property been allowed to vote in 1776, would we be better off or worse off than we are today?
This was in fact the case with women being able to vote at that point in history.

This is from 1776 [source]:Milestones in Voting History / Voting Rights and Citizenship
Quote:
July 2, 1776
The New Jersey state constitution allows “all inhabitants . . . who are worth fifty pounds” to vote, including women and people of color.
At the current exchange rate £50 = $80 and using an inflation calculator equates to $2,105 [source]: Inflation Calculator 2012
So using your own date of 1776 as a date to which the US voting system could be returned it would only be those with savings or with property and possessions of less than $2,105 that would be excluded. This would not make much of a change though don't you think? Do you not feel that if you'd kept more rigidly to your 1776 principles and not decided to alter history to fit your own opinions that you may well have garnered more support.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM

613 posts, read 814,885 times
You know, when you have people on both ends of the political spectrum telling you that your original post is ridiculous, you really need to stop digging.

Why are most people ridiculing the OP? Because the post is ridiculous. Ridiculous comments deserve ridicule.

Did I say ridiculous enough?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Ah, them good ol'days when the wife knew her place, you could beat and rape her with impunity, those heady days when slavery was still legal and men were men... Then some self righteous biddies realised that actually they were the equal of their men and should have exactly the same rights. The nerve of those females!!

Shocking how we got above ourselves and broke the chains of loving paternalism... When our husbands, lords and masters had it all sorted out and all logically organised ! Without any hysterics, any crying, any PMS, like only real proper men can.

I mean what is the problem with stopping 50% of the population from voting ? Freedom is so over-rated, democracy a concept too perverted and avant garde to even be considered.

Bring back the collar for the slaves and the scolding stool for the whining nags. White men should reign supreme it is after all their birthright and nothing good could ever come of letting foolish females have a say in what affects their lives.

My Pretty little head is now hurting from all the thinking, I better get back to my dusting , cooking, knitting and making myself pretty for Hubby so I can please him and delight him with the only skills I possess. I shall no longer concern myself with things which only men can comprehend.

Pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen is how we should all be, bowing in obedience and defering to the great ones who show such mastery in the arts of economics , politics and entrepreneurialship. My intellect is obviously below par being only of the fairer sex and I could never even aspire to such magnificent heights as my male superiors and my understanding of important matters far too narrow and limited to even begin to have opinions never mind valid ones.

Oh the Humanity.

I must say once again , as an Anthropologist I am always fascinated pleased to meet new specimens of Cro Magnon men, so rare and yet somehow not quite rare enough. Not extinct enough IMO.

Another faultless piece of logic. Most violence, war and destruction is caused by men. I think therefore only women should have the vote. Also anyone who happens to have views which contradict my own should also be barred. Obviously.

And obviously as a Red Head I would prefer if only Ginger people had rights. And anyone who does not at least have an MSC should also be barred. Anyone who does not appreciate the Muppets or PG Wodehouse, watches reality TV shows, eats Hersheys chocolates and loves marshmallows too as it would be too distressing to live in a society where such incouth individuals controled the system to ANY degree. And if you like your steak well done forget it. Voting rights ? I think not !

Is the US really so full of fruitcakes or is it just that C-D attracts them like flies ? Five years on this forum and it gets more and more tragic every day.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
I am sexist because I believe that men and women are inherently different. This fact is not mere speculation, there is plenty of scientific evidence that proves my argument. Even the way a man's brain works to add 2+2 is different than a woman.

That isn't to say that some men more favor women and vice versa.

Lets take maternal instincts for a minute. Most people like to pretend that their mind is completely free of instinctual behavior, and the decisions they make are based on a rational understanding of the world around them. But they would be wrong.

While there is a certain amount of rationality that all humans possess, you would be amazed at the amount of power nature has over your brain and your decisions.

When we go back to maternal instincts, and just look at cats. Some cats have an incredibly strong maternal instinct, others don't. Some cats will literally have kittens and not take any care of them at all. But why? Cats aren't basing their decisions on some greater world-view, they simply feel that way instinctively. Humans may have more power of their behavior, but its still there.

Look, lets just have a thought experiment for a second.

Right now you can vote at the age of 18. But if you look at voting participation rates by age group, very few young people vote, and practically every older person votes. So the question is, would this country be better off if 18-year-olds had the same voting participation rates as 50-year-olds?

I can't imagine that more 18-year-olds voting would be a good thing for anyone, not even for the 18-year-olds.

The reality is, this country didn't always let 18-year-olds vote, nor did it allow women to vote. All I'm saying is, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.
You ARE sexist because you want rights taken away from women...that is a FACT and it makes you a sexist....which is EXACTLY the same as a racist...and just a evil.

Luckily people like you are viewed correctly as nutjobs...."funny but needs watching"

Old 09-12-2012, 01:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Anyone who thinks that giving women the right to vote is a narrow-minded moron.

Simple as that.
This makes no sense, please translate.
You missed something in your first sentence.

Sadly the first part of your scold could be some of the women on CD.
Tragic that they don't accept themselves and see their potential as people.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-12-2012 at 01:17 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:

My argument is simply that, women's effect on elections has been wholly to the detriment of our nation, and so therefore it serves no purpose. Therefore, it irritates me that women are even given the right to vote at all, because their vote ends up being harmful. Therefore, I wish they did not have the right to vote. Because I think we would be better off.

Am I wrong?
Your basic premise is women shouldn't vote because they have a tendency to vote for politicians I disagree with.

By this standard, can I proclaim that I think we ought to take away the right of those only 18 years of age to vote? Most voted in 2008 for someone I didn't like ......

Now about those African Americans ........

Old 09-12-2012, 01:55 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Only RedShadowz can make a thread that unites both sides. Congrats.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
This is the same guy who made a silly thread some years back saying he didn't like blacks and other minorities.
Yet,he said if a black woman was willing to have sex with him,he would do it because he is a man,and that's what men do.

O
I'm off find that thread!

Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought Old Testament law didn't apply to Christians.
They only apply when the OT supports whatever "point" they're trying to make... but if you use it against them in return, suddenly it's all "We have been absolved of OT/Judaic laws by virtue of Jesus' death." Or something like that - hard to keep the inconsistencies and hypocrisies straight, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies