Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
So where specifically was Noonan, Kerry, Code Pink, the media, and other Democrats during George Bush's Iraq / Afghanistan War? Doing the EXACT. SAME. THING. as they criticize Romney for now. Except now it's a Democrat who's responsible for the results of a war (Libya), so oh no, it's improper to speak out against what's going on there.

F'ing hypocrites. If you want to look up the definition of a hypocrite, look up Democrats, Noonan, et. al.
Noonan a Democrat???

She was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan and in her political writings is considered a Republican.

Peggy Noonan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, it was opportunistic and stupid of Romney to speak out so quickly before he knew what was going o.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 08:57 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Shooting First = backing the Arab Spring

Aiming Later = Not having a CLUE what to do after the Arab Spring goes sour on you
Dang, I have to spread more reputation around. Why is that? Why can't I "like" the posters I "like" as often as I "like"?

Except one minor disagreement. I don't think Obama thinks the Muslim Brotherhood taking control of Egypt is his idea of "going sour". I think he helped orchestrate it from the get go and that it was preordained.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"pastor" jones was't there. He was safely here in the U.S. Maybe that's why they didn't kill him. It would be interesting to see the maker of that film and Mr. Jones go to the Middle East and face the people they want to attack; then others wouldn't have to pay the price for their actions, while they hide safely here in the U.S.

The people killed in Libya were killed because of the lack of concern and stupidity of the people who made that film and put it up on YouTube.......

Your hatred for Obama is having a negative effect on your thinking.

Romney made a fool of himself, looked like an opportunist, and demonstrated his total lack of capacity for dealing with such a situation. the idea that he would be in control of foreign policy is terrifying.
Right, because as we all know, there are no Muslims in America.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush had the very same tips that terrorists MIGHT use planes to fly into a building, but that was almost a weekly warning going back YEARS, even though the Clinton administration. What exact information did Bush have to indicate the warning in September 2001 was more real than other ones?
When he found out that the terrorists were taking flying lessons in FL and didn't need to know how to take off or land the plane. He decided instead to go to the ranch for a month long vacation and didn't want to hear briefings.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Right, because as we all know, there are no Muslims in America.
Apparently none that would kill for their religion, right.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Apparently none that would kill for their religion, right.
There were several who were caught and convicted before they could carry out their plans. Doesn't mean they got them all. Ever hear of sleeper cells?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Read this and note that as late as August 2001 the bells and whistles we're going off.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/op...-warnings.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You didnt answer the question, why was this warning, any different than the ones that were going off for years, even through the Clinton administration?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Obama is a dufus, it's obvious to a lot of folks in this country by now. I don't think his lack of attention to things like the attacks yesterday are just him being a dufus though. I think it was obviously on purpose.
Speaking of defuses... I never thought Mitt Romney, given his years in France, would ever turn out to be another Sarah Palin when it came to foreign affairs. That he is so much like her troubles me down to the bone!

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When he found out that the terrorists were taking flying lessons in FL and didn't need to know how to take off or land the plane. He decided instead to go to the ranch for a month long vacation and didn't want to hear briefings.
I've taken flying lessons, (albeit it a few of them) have you? Maybe you dont know that taking off and landing is one of the last things you learn. The warnings were received in July 2001 from flight schools, but those warnings went through the FBI, and according to reports, it never made it to high levels.

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
BENGHAZI, Libya — A squad of U.S. troops dispatched by helicopter across the Libyan desert to rescue besieged diplomats from Benghazi on Wednesday ran into a fierce ambush that left a further two Americans dead, Libyan officials told Reuters. U.S. troops ambushed en route to rescue besieged diplomats in Benghazi | World | News | National Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies