Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
When one can read beyond the level of "My Pet Goat," one can read the primary data for himself rather than having someone else's interpretation of what the data said. Only then can someone partake in meaningful discussion of plans of actions.

So how does he get questions answered and more in depth information from just reading a brief?

Intelligence people say it's very important to have face-to-face meetings and all LOGIC points to that being true.

But I do realize you're desperate to COA (Cover Obama's Arse) so I expect no less from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Rachel Maddow made a few great points last night.

It Romney really wants to make this campaign about foreign policy, then he is going to have to explain his foreign policy positions, which he has not done. In fact, what we do know about these positions is that they are strikingly similar to Bush/Cheney's, which remain extremely unpopular.

Simply put, he can't win on this issue. He's just further demonstrating what an utter mess his campaign is. I know you guys have to carry water for him, but I feel kind of sorry for you at this point - he is making it almost impossible.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
“Unlike your former boss, he (Obama) has it delivered to his residence in the morning and not briefed to him.”

"Dana Milbank, who writes that Bush was briefed every day by his intelligence advisers because he “decided he would prefer to read less.”)
That is hilarious. And the irony considering that OP apparently doesn't even read his own links is just awesome.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Drawn into Egypt and Libya? Those were two of Obama's shining foreign policy accomplishments........well until the muslim brudderhood decided to toss him under the bus.
Let me clarify this, by drawn into Egypt, Libya and Iran I don't mean Kosovo style, I mean Iraq style. It is clear that many on the Neo-Con right a pushing for an active military solution to the ME problems, particularly in Iran. This would be a disaster. I will not support another ME war of any sort, (I opposed Obama when he decided to go into Libya) and I certainly oppose getting drawn into a ground war there most of all. It is clear that there are a great many people both in America and Israel that want America to get drawn into a ME war, with Iran in particular, but also possibly with the Muslim Brotherhood. Such a war would break America for the Chinese and make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a light escapade.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
There were no apology. and there certainly was no apology for actions that didn't even take place yet. Did you hear them say "we are sorry" or "we apologize"?

He didn't, it's yet another fabrication from the RWNJs and their poster boy, Mittens.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Lol Obama can't be bothered to meet actual people he is too cool. His response is to attack Bush's reading skills. Obama is classless and unfit for the high office he currently occupies.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So how does he get questions answered and more in depth information from just reading a brief?

Intelligence people say it's very important to have face-to-face meetings and all LOGIC points to that being true.

But I do realize you're desperate to COA (Cover Obama's Arse) so I expect no less from you.

Actually, I don't care about covering anyones backside--I just don't tolerate stupidity and spin well.

Let me go out on a limb here, but do you think, just maybe, that if he has questions he can call a meeting THEN?

Again--why would you waste the time to meet daily with people if you had no questions--if it's all covered in the briefing? A good briefing should include background info, a statement of the problem and all the players, an outline of all possible actions and outcomes, and analysis of what is most likely or desireable in progressive order, and a potential plan of action with goals and objectives if needed. It should include detailed daily updates on situations you've already been thoroughly briefed on. You should be able to read it and have a very thorough understanding of the situation, and THEN call everyone in if there are decisions to make or additional information needed.

Are you saying the intelligence people are incompetent?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Oh wow! The disgrace coming from Obama never ends.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His response is to attack Bush's reading skills.
*LOL* I think you need to get your eyes checked if you saw anything remotely like this in that article.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol Obama can't be bothered to meet actual people he is too cool. His response is to attack Bush's reading skills. Obama is classless and unfit for the high office he currently occupies.
Sorry to disappoint you, but it wasn't Obama making that attack... Should the president be "cool" or should he be good at time management? It's a complete waste of time to drag your staff in daily if nothing has changed, or if it can all be summarized in a written report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies