Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Why don't people understand that the Romney statement was LAST NIGHT about the very apologetic statement issued from the US Embassy in Cairo? Look, I agree with the sentiment of not launching a political attack over the death of someone - I wouldn't want that. But, at the time, the response was to this ridiculous PR

The comments I was talking about in post #1 were this morning, carried live on every major network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These wordr? "We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done,"

Romney jumped the gun and critisized Obama before Obama even issued his statement.
Obama was too busy campaigning yesterday to make a statement. Had Obama been behaving as a Commander-in-Chief who was clearly in control there would have been no opening to criticize.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Funny, I was disturbed by the above statement as it reminded me of Clinton's response to the muslim terrorist attacks on our nation during his time in office,...use the FBI and courts against muslim terrorist. Wow, that really put them terrorist in their place.
Well, Bill Clinton is not the president today.

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Why don't people understand that the Romney statement was LAST NIGHT about the very apologetic statement issued from the US Embassy in Cairo? Look, I agree with the sentiment of not launching a political attack over the death of someone - I wouldn't want that. But, at the time, the response was to this ridiculous PR
And the embassy statement was from Egypt was BEFORE anyone was killed and it was just a demonstration. The events in Egypt were not nearly as violent. "Your side" is distorting the timeline as well.

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Naw, I just want to know what date our super-cool president is going to be on Letterman.
And his wife appear on daytime talk shows again, and again, and again, and again.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 AM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Wrong view.

They need to be educated? YES. In the mean time, while they are not educated, we don't tamper with their feelings. We know what they're capable of. We know what they'll do in reaction. It's not right, but it is what it is. And knowing this, whoever makes such a film becomes just as responsible.

If you know there is a 100% chance that you're going to get robbed walking down Avenue A at night, and you do it anyway instead of taking a detour, I will not pity you. You knew the risks involved. You ignored them for whatever reason.
So, we need to worry about hurting their wittle bitty feelings? Is that your vision of how America should be? Bow down to our enemies and show no strength? So, obama should be a big ole "P"? Our freedom of speech is supposed to be taken away because there are crazy people in another part of the world? I am so irritated at this comment that I don't even know what to say to you because I don't want to hurt your wittle bitty feelings too. So, I will let others do it for me.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans hve always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path to surrender or submission".-JFK

"My definition of a free society is where it is safe to be unpopular".-Adalai Stenenson

"For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home" Edward R. Murrow

"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery"- unknown

Are you really ready to give up one of your freedoms because of these horrible people? If so, then I feel the same way about you that Ben Franklin would. I hope obama doesn't agree with you or America, as we know it, is DONE!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, Bill Clinton is not the president today.
Boy, my point just went right over your head! Clinton was president during many muslim terrorist attacks against our nation (including the 1993 bombing of the WTC and two US Embassies being bombed in Africa) and he used the FBI against muslim terrorist world wide. Obama's statement reflects Clinton's views back then.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Default What do you think of the Romney statement?

Ok. I'm not going to argue this point, just want reactions. Romneys statement last night accusing the Obama administration of apologizing to the attackers was repeated today. Do you think this is his way of appeasing the Rep. pundits who say he's not being tough enough? Do you think it was appropriate? Do you think it was a mistake?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama was too busy campaigning yesterday to make a statement. Had Obama been behaving as a Commander-in-Chief who was clearly in control there would have been no opening to criticize.
Sorry, but Romney made a major errror in jumping the gun with this one. He should apologize to save face.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe Obama is doing what a Commander in Chief should do......... Digest what is happening..... NOT jump in with both feet and use a cool head.
Romney would be a complete disaster in a emergency situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies