Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

What pisses me off is they were put in front of the line before all law abiding citizens & legal immigrant applicants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I agree with the first part. As for illegals I want them prosecuted for breaking the law. I also want those who knowingly hire illegals to be prosecuted.
I never said I was against catching illegals I said it is good that the system can keep them from being illegal. I have screamed your last comment for the last 10 years, guess what neither the Dems or Repubs will do it, one cannot bite the hand that feeds and ultimately controls them.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Obviously it was in the open . Maybe he was still waiting for his CCW.
Frankly, there are kids and high traffic at that store, I see it as inappropriate and stupid.

A 3 year old doesnt need to see some yahoo wearing a gun, unless he's a police officer.

I guess some insecure men just like displaying it.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 09-12-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM

30 posts, read 26,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I havent seen many mature people carrying firearms. At RedBox last week in front of Kroger an idiot(not law enforcement, just a yahoo bumpkin) had it displayed, un-concealed....

lol- like he needs it to return a DVD?
What did he do wrong? Sadly New York doesn't allow open carry yet, so you can argue that he was violating the law, but how is open carry make you "immature?"

Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
If that Yahoo was black .....

That "Yahoo Bumpkin" may have been some type of law enforcement or game warden. You don't know, you were just making a "racist" profile.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is 7 days here in Texas. If you do not want to wait then simply buy a gun from a private owner, and bang you have your gun on the spot. I would have no problem if the time was cut but only if the check can be completd in the time frame, blame the time lag on state law enforcement, it is not the feds.

Work permits should be quick and easy, it helps reduce illegals, you do want to reduce the illegals here don't ya?

Dont need a permit to purchase a handgun here in NH. Just to carry one. The state can take up to 2 weeks but most are prosessed in a few days.

Funny thing is the background check for handguns are done by the state. Im approved in about 30 seconds. Longuns are done by the FBI and I always get a 72 hr delay.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Something is not right.
Correct, something is indeed not right.

What is not right, is whatever local government you're talking about, telling you you can't carry a gun under your jacket if they haven't given you a permit.

The 2nd amendment says that since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, your right to carry a gun in whatever (safe) way you want cannot be restricted or taken away, whether it's because they didn't give you a piece of paper or for any other reason.

And the 2nd amendment supersedes anything any government in the U.S. says, whether they like it or not.

Requiring a permit to carry concealed, is flatly unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies