Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because we have to pay the premiums for those 30 million and the only way to do it is for the government to redistribute taxpayer money.
Wow! After all this time in this forum you still have no clue how the 30 million additional were covered.

Amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They did leave your insurance alone.

15 million are required to pay for insurance now, 15 million more poor are covered under medicaid.

Your insurance wasn't touched.

Try reading an objective newspaper and less listening to AM rightwing radio in Wyoming.
The government will subsidize up to 95% of people's premiums.
Where will that money come from ?

Insurers had to make their pool of available money larger when the dependent age status changed.

My insurance has gone up 20% each year since Obamacare was passed. Before that it went up 10%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You need to scratch the bold and put "provided by other citizens".

And it's inhumane to want adults in their mid-20's to provide for themselves. Maybe we should change the definition of adult to 26 and over, since we are changing things. Drinking age - 26. No driver's license until 25. These people just can't handle life at such a young age.

Isn't this what you are advocating?
Sorry. I don't tolerate right wing, libertarian 20 somethings showing up at my local ER pleading poor mouth when they get into an catastrophic car accident and want medical care.

They get it, they skip out on the bill, and I pay higher premiums, because Junior was too stupid to know he wasn't bullet proof.

Stop being a dead beat.

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Do we not all share this society? Something as vital as healthcare should be provided by all the citizens for everyone.
Nope - I don't share the responsibility of someone who smokes for 30 years - I don't share the responsibility for football players getting concussions - I don't share responsibility for people hurting themselves by doing stupid stunts, getting STDs, injuring themselves while drunk driving, etc.

Why should I be responsibile for their misbehavior? Why should money be stolen from me to pay for their health care?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government will subsidize up to 95% of people's premiums.
Where will that money come from ?

Insurers had to make their pool of available money larger when the dependent age status changed.

My insurance has gone up 20% each year since Obamacare was passed. Before that it went up 10%.
Huh? Your information makes no sense. Post an an objective source. 95% of the 15 million are subsidized? or the 30 million are subsidized? And to what extent?

I know you don't know, don't bother if you can't find an objective source.

Also feel free to post any objective evidence your insurance went up because of Obamacare....LOL

1,482 posts, read 1,378,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
At 26 you should be well into or starting a career by then. Not in your parents basement. 26 is not a child. 24 is not a child. 22 is not a child. You should be taking care of yourself for the most part by then.

Why cant you liberals realize what you are actually sacrificing in the false name of "compassion"? Are you blind on purpose or just so ignorant you dont realize what you're doing?
It's hard to do that when they can't find work in their fields and they are overqualified.

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Guess what, them people now getting 38 hours a week will be getting 28 and having to buy insurance or pay a fine.
Exactly. There are many parts of the bill that are good, but this part is not. Right now (at least here) it is 36 hours and we have plenty of places that schedule employees right at that. This part needs to be revised.

My only concern for not seeing the ACA thrown out is a gap in coverage for those that have already benefited from some of the worthwhile and good provisions that it includes. Many of those will be replaced (pre-existing conditions, extended coverage for dependents and addressing the 'donut hole' problem) but how long will it take to implement an entirely new system that will cover those?

If Republican's are serious at all about health reform they should either work with the ACA and revise it or have another plan in place b4 the whole thing is repealed. The majority of American's (59%) do not favor a total repeal of the ACA.

Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form

Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Sorry. I don't tolerate right wing, libertarian 20 somethings showing up at my local ER pleading poor mouth when they get into an catastrophic car accident and want medical care.

They get it, they skip out on the bill, and I pay higher premiums, because Junior was too stupid to know he wasn't bullet proof.

Stop being a dead beat.
How about illegals - you OK in those cases?

Why do you have to pay higher premiums because they don't pay? Are they punished for non-payment? They should be. Their negligence should have nothing to do with you and me. They need to be locked up. That will end that problem real quick.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Huh? Your information makes no sense. Post an an objective source. 95% of the 15 million are subsidized? or the 30 million are subsidized? And to what extent?

I know you don't know, don't bother if you can't find an objective source.

Also feel free to post any objective evidence your insurance went up because of Obamacare....LOL
Go read the bill to see what's in it. I said "up to 95%" and it's based on your income and family size.
The government already put out charts showing income and % subsidized.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM

Walmart is 34 hours and at 33 you are off until the next week. They make sure p/t people don't hit that 34 mark because additional benefits kick in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies