Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,059,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Having a opinion is one thing - coming here guns a blazing as if it is the gospel is another. I do not know anyone who leans toward or is a libertarian that advocates no rules and no regulation.
and your viewpoints on libertarianism, you don't treat as gospel either? I maybe stubborn in my viewpoints, but you are just as stubborn also about libertarianism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,137,125 times
I would also advise to not be like the democrats

Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
and your viewpoints on libertarianism, you don't treat as gospel either? I maybe stubborn in my viewpoints, but you are just as stubborn also about libertarianism.
There are nuances of libertarianism but I know of none that have no rules and no regulation.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM

76,850 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
Full disclosure, i'm a democrat so you couldn't pay me enough to be part of the libertarian party, but I think I can help ya'll with growing your party.

1. Get rid of all the tin-foil on my head idiots, or atleast put them on mute. It's make your party look way to extreme and looney tune. If you listen to some of the wackos on here, you'd think the US is going to turn in a 3rd world african country in 4 years and that our country will be ranked somewhere between angola and mexico. This crap about freedom needs to stop. There may be rules you have to follow, but you guys make it seem like government tells you when to take a ****. republicans are dealing with the tea party extremist and that will soon blow up in their face.

2. This is the most important. Please stop with the condesending statements that the majority of society is brainwashed, want to be controlled by a nanny government, that you guys are just so much smarter then everybody because you don't vote for either party. insulting people usually isn't the best way to advance your party. Republicans have done this to minorities for decades by calling us brainwashed and lazy, and on a democratic planatation, and then every 4 years I see articles talking about how they can't get the minority vote and have to come up with bogus voter id laws to suppress the black vote because they have turned us off to their party.

I'm fully aware you guys will just dismiss what I just wrote and call me an idiot and a sheep to the democratic party, but keep this is mind, in 4 years, you guys will continue just to be as irrelevant then, as you are now if you continue with what you are doing.
The republican party is a party of whiners and sore losers, who spend their time trying to invent ways to tear down anyone who is not a member of their party. Who would want to be like them?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-13-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The republican party is a party of whiners and sore losers, who spend their time trying to invent ways to tear down anyone who is not a mamber of their paty. Who would want to be like them?
i'm not saying they are trying to be like them, but the way their people are going about selling the libertarian party, they are behaving just like republicans.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
i'm not saying they are trying to be like them, but the way their people are going about selling the libertarian party, they are behaving just like republicans.
I dont' agree with that. I agree with libertarian values, but I think the republicans are a party of whiners and political saboteurs.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I dont' agree with that. I agree with libertarian values, but I think the republicans are a party of whiners and political saboteurs.
well you and i will just disagree. I think your party is run bu extremist that make your party sound like looney tunes and than you insult people by calling them brainwashed to a two party system. This is the same issue with republicans especially with minorities. They call us brainwashed, lazy, uniformed, and slaves to the democratic plantation and that turns us off. Plus they got those tea party extremist in their party.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
well you and i will just disagree. I think your party is run bu extremist that make your party sound like looney tunes and than you insult people by calling them brainwashed to a two party system. This is the same issue with republicans especially with minorities. They call us brainwashed, lazy, uniformed, and slaves to the democratic plantation and that turns us off. Plus they got those tea party extremist in their party.
As an independent, I am not a member of either party, and therefore there is no such thing as "my party".

Old 09-13-2012, 05:49 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,243,600 times
For whatever it's worth, the Libertarians might,in some ways, be compared to the Whig Party of the 1830's - 40's -- a coalition that at one time simultaneously included Henry Clay, John Quincy Adams, and Abraham Lincoln among its membership -- pretty good company.

The Whigs, of course, fell apart over the irresolvable issue of slavery; that set the stage for the Republicans who, after two more weak Presidents, settled it once and for all, at great cost. That would not happen today; Red and Blue America would, like the Czechs and Slovaks, get an uncontested divorce and got their separate ways. But I know which one I'd place my bets on.

The difference among most true Libertarians is that when we enter a voting booth, we do so not in anticipation of what Big Brother can loot for us, but what we have to lose.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,953,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
For whatever it's worth, the Libertarians might,in some ways, be compared to the Whig Party of the 1830's - 40's -- a coalition that at one time simultaneously included Henry Clay, John Quincy Adams, and Abraham Lincoln among its membership -- pretty good company.

The Whigs, of course, fell apart over the irresolvable issue of slavery; that set the stage for the Republicans who, after two more weak Presidents, settled it once and for all, at great cost. That would not happen today; Red and Blue America would, like the Czechs and Slovaks, get an uncontested divorce and got their separate ways. But I know which one I'd place my bets on.

The difference among most true Libertarians is that when we enter a voting booth, we do so not in anticipation of what Big Brother can loot for us, but what we have to lose.
Exactly. When I vote I do so out of a feeling of self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies