Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't really care who hates who...I judge someone by their actions. Now remind me...just who did Terry Jones murder this week?
What did he do to incite people to murder? I think you know the answer............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
If you can't see the difference between gays/civil rights workers fighting for their rights and people like Terry Jones DELIBERATELY antagonizing an entire religious group, then you are beyond hope as far as rational discussion goes.
If you can't see the similarities between gays and other groups attacking Christians and other religions over some perceived slight, yet can't see Terry Jones condeming the evils of radical Islam, you are beyond hope as far as rational discussion goes.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What did he do to incite people to murder? I think you know the answer............
So...is MLK similarly responsible for inciting murder by his actions?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
If you can't see the similarities between gays and other groups attacking Christians and other religions over some perceived slight, yet can't see Terry Jones condeming the evils of radical Islam, you are beyond hope as far as rational discussion goes.
Terry Jones is not condemning radical Islam, he is condemning all Islam. Can you not recognize that?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I read somewhere law enforcement officials were hunting down the filmmaker. For what exactly? Will he be shipped off to Gitmo?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I read somewhere law enforcement officials were hunting down the filmmaker. For what exactly? Will he be shipped off to Gitmo?
inshallah..........

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Terry Jones is not condemning radical Islam, he is condemning all Islam. Can you not recognize that?
There's no difference between radical Islam and Islam. Heck there is no such thing as radical Islam. You're either a follower of Islam or not, the Koran makes no such distinctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Nope. He is condemning the evils committed by radical Islam in some of the most effective ways, by mocking them. In comparision, the "artist" who tossed a cross in a bucket of pee attacked and offended all Christians. Would you make excuses should some of those Christians have murdered him for doing so?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
I'm not going to see his right to free speech taken away. These filmakers had every right to make a film about whatever they'd like. Thats their right.

Its my right to say that they are complete moronic ****tards, and making movies to invoke violence is just as bad as the violence itself. Should be damned ashamed of yourselves.

I know that Jones and other "Western" folk make money by inciting violence and attacks on their free speech. Quite frankly, they don't deserve the respect or the rights that they so quickly trample on.

With great power comes great responsibility, yeah, Spiderman was more correct then you idiots. You don't go into a crowded theater and yell "fire" to hurt people.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
So...is MLK similarly responsible for inciting murder by his actions?
If you're comparing MLK to a lunatic like Terry Jones, you and I have got nothing else to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies