Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:10 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
HUH? What greedy people?

Trust someone from California to use spiders and greed in the same breath.....
Did you even read my post or is English your second language? I didn't mention the spiders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'll just go ahead and say that spiders can live just about anywhere. I can't get rid of them and believe me I try.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
HUH? What greedy people?

Trust someone from California to use spiders and greed in the same breath.....
Riddle me this, by the way:

Why did this happen in Texas?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Rare spider found in Texas shuts down $15M construction project | Fox News

This is when you know we've sunk this low as to put the needs of People below that of Animals....

Remember all of that fertile California farmland they let dry up because they found a Smelt in the water system??

It's farmers vs. fish for California water - Washington Times
The desert region of the southern central valley wasn't even farmed until the 1970's because there was no water there. Most of the farms there didn't even own any water rights of their own, and in the west water rights are EVERYTHING, and instead they survived by buying up excess water from people who did own water rights. Guess what? When there is a drought and there is not enough water to go around the people who lose are the people who don't own water rights and who are simply trying to buy up excess water. This isn't rocket science even if Fox deliberately didn't tell you the facts of the case.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The desert region of the southern central valley wasn't even farmed until the 1970's because there was no water there. Most of the farms there didn't even own any water rights of their own, and in the west water rights are EVERYTHING, and instead they survived by buying up excess water from people who did own water rights. Guess what? When there is a drought and there is not enough water to go around the people who lose are the people who don't own water rights and who are simply trying to buy up excess water. This isn't rocket science even if Fox deliberately didn't tell you the facts of the case.

And obviously you get your news from media matters or MSNBC......

A frickkin fish does not justify the economic hardship they put on that area!

Screw the humans, save the smelt! « Drew Deadken's Den

Quote:
Apparently, Congress put a 2” smelt fish on the Federal Endangered Species list and ruled that the amount of water being delivered to the CA farmland was further endangering the minnow, so they cut the water supply. The results have led to 60,000 in job losses and 500,000 acres of ruined/endangered farmland.

From PovertyandHunger.org: “Much of the food that is produced in America comes from California and it should be a concern to everyone living in America that there are many fields that are not planted, and orchards that are dying from lack of water.”

Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
What do the smelt feed on? What animals feed on the smelt? What animals feed on that?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
So now we have a 15 million dollar project on hold for a SPIDER!! That means no paychecks for constuction workers who have bills to pay! Some probably already months behind!

"Hey guys I found a great job! It's gonna last us a few months! Gonna make some great money!"

The next day:

"Uhhh...I have some bad news......the project is on hold indefinitely.....

"Why?", the wife asks.

"A spider."

Gotta call the mortgage company and ask for mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies