Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
TERRORISTS!! Hello!! They send out children to try and kill people that disagree with them. Seems like they don't have a great deal of care for life in general. Please show me where I said everyone. You can't because I didn't. And YES I have been too the Middle East.
Then I apologize Cyber Queen, I typed too soon without re-reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So when Bush was in office, Bush was causing Muslims to become terrorist and we had to get rid of Bush. But now that Obama is president and Muslims are rioting and murdering our ambassadors, it's someone else's fault, but not Obama.
That about sums up the minds of the swooners.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Since apparently you seem totally unaware of this reality ... what could have been done would have prevented ALL OF IT. We could have NOT invaded Afghanistan and Iraq ... now two war torn countries teetering on the brink of full scale civil war.
If only we had a TARDIS, so we can undo all of that. But we don't.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM

398 posts, read 818,677 times
A constant barrage of bombardment of old dirty stinky American shoes. Plane loads dumped right on their heads in front of the embassies. Dirty stinky American shoes draped all over their capitol, their homes, their streets. Cowboy boots, stiletto heels, combat boots...all worn stinky shoes just for them. Shoes made in China, Ecuador, Brazil, India, USA...then all countries could be represented, and all worn by Americans.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
TERRORISTS!! Hello!! They send out children to try and kill people that disagree with them. Seems like they don't have a great deal of care for life in general. Please show me where I said everyone. You can't because I didn't. And YES I have been too the Middle East.
No ... they throw rocks at F16's and Military armor, to very little effect. They are sick and tired of US/Israeli puppet dictators, and having their government's overthrown by CIA/MOSAD/MI6 instigators of war and unrest. It's been going on for 60+ years ... they have a right to be tired of it.

They're tired of the bombed out buildings, and the destroyed infrastructure, no electricity, fouled drinking water, and the stench of rotting corpses in the streets, particularly troubling since a great number of those corpses are their family members ... mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children.

That's enough to drive anyone crazy ... and when people lose everything ... they tend to lose their minds too. These people are desperate, and their options are limited. They can lay down and allow themselves to be ethnically cleansed from the face of the earth, or they can take some of the invading murderers with them on the way out by whatever means they can muster.... they choose the latter, and why would anyone blame them for striking back? How dare they defend themselves

By the way ... none of them are here shooting at you!! We're over there shooting and bombing them. From that perspective, can you not see how they might view us as the terrorists?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
A constant barrage of bombardment of old dirty stinky American shoes. Plane loads dumped right on their heads in front of the embassies. Dirty stinky American shoes draped all over their capitol, their homes, their streets. Cowboy boots, stiletto heels, combat boots...all worn stinky shoes just for them. Shoes made in China, Ecuador, Brazil, India, USA...then all countries could be represented, and all worn by Americans.
This is the most original and culturally relevant response yet!!! Love it!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
How would you handle the situation in the Muslim world?

It's physically impossible to kill 2 billion Muslims.

It's politically impossible to just withdraw from the Middle East entirely -- then the protesters would think they'd won.

It's militarily impossible to lob a few nukes at random Middle East cities without suffering massive fallout -- both literally and metaphorically.

So what would YOU do if you were President? (And don't cop out by saying that if you were President, none of this would be happening. If McCain had won in 2008, it is extremely likely that this would be happening -- or that it would have happened three years ago.)

Well?
1. I would kill the deal to forgive Egypt's 1 billion dollar debt. Read about it here US Nears Deal for $1 Billion in Egypt Debt Relief

2. Put a hold on all military and non military aid to Egypt. Call the Egyptian military leaders and tell them that we don't appreciate biting the hand that writes the checks. Mr. Morsi's days will be numbered.

3. Pull all diplomatic personnel from all the countries that are allowing attacks on embassies. Rescind ALL visas to come to US.

4. Find out if Salafists/Wahabbis in Lybia were responsible for the attack on American embassy.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If only we had a TARDIS, so we can undo all of that. But we don't.
It's really a simple concept that is governed by the "Law of Holes" . The Law of holes states ... when you find yourself in a hole ... stop digging.

It is the simplest of concepts ... "doctor ... it hurts real bad when I do this ...." The doctor replies ... "Stop doing that".

Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No ... they throw rocks at F16's and Military armor, to very little effect. They are sick and tired of US/Israeli puppet dictators, and having their government's overthrown by CIA/MOSAD/MI6 instigators of war and unrest. It's been going on for 60+ years ... they have a right to be tired of it.

They're tired of the bombed out buildings, and the destroyed infrastructure, no electricity, fouled drinking water, and the stench of rotting corpses in the streets, particularly troubling since a great number of those corpses are their family members ... mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children.

That's enough to drive anyone crazy ... and when people lose everything ... they tend to lose their minds too. These people are desperate, and their options are limited. They can lay down and allow themselves to be ethnically cleansed from the face of the earth, or they can take some of the invading murderers with them on the way out by whatever means they can muster.... they choose the latter, and why would anyone blame them for striking back? How dare they defend themselves

By the way ... none of them are here shooting at you!! We're over there shooting and bombing them. From that perspective, can you not see how they might view us as the terrorists?

Bahahahaha. Rocks!!! Really?? Can you type that with a straight face? Perhaps if they STOPPED trying to kill US citizens they would not get bombed. We did not just decided one day when we had nothing better to do, oh let's go bomb the crazy Muslims. NO!!! They attacked us and more then once and for years. Hell remember the Carter administration. Stop acting like they are innocent in this mess because they are not.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I would start pulling out our troops from the Middle East. There is nothing in America's interest there and they can't handle freedom (good article on CNN.com about that from Ed Husain about this): Arab Spring nations don't yet grasp freedom of dissent - CNN.com - so we need to quit trying to ram it down their throats. If oil is the interest - we have lots of it here and we just need to tap into it. They have nothing but sand and insanity to offer the world. They can have it. Do not give them any aid (financial or otherwise). When they come out of the 14th century, then we can start with diplomacy.
Yes, we have oil here. Most the oil we have here in America get's exported to other countries. I'll bet you didn't know that. We export it because it's very high in sulpher content and cost too much to refine it down to meet EPA standards for emissions. I'll bet you didn't know that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies