Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have a serious question. You say you know all of these Muslims, what are they saying about this right now? Or are they just silent. I have Muslim friends also and although they are not like these nuts they are silent, or I get comments when I do ask what they think, like "oh yes it is terrible" that is it.
I don't know, I've been at work all week, I haven't had time to talk to anyone, but most likely they'd just condemn this sort of stupidity as they have in the past if this sort of thing came up in conversation... However, the topic of religion rarely comes up, just like I don't expect them to ask me questions about what's going in with the Catholic church that I can't answer. They're mainly Muslim in terms of culture--just like my Polish Catholic or Jewish relatives-where they will observe many of the traditional holidays(a few might fast during Ramadan) and many of the tenets like not eating pork --but at the same time none of them pray several times a day--if really ever. But they still consier themselves to be Muslims.

In some ways though their opinon could hardly matter in some ways--an unruly mob in a country they've never been to(or not even speak the language), could care less what anyone who lives in the USA thinks, regardless if they're a Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 12:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It doesn't make all that much sense that violent Muslims hell-bent on killing us would be out there holding pro-American signs. Why would they bother with that? What purpose would that serve?

also, Taqiyya is a notion in Islam that per tradition comes into play when a believer's life is at risk if he reveals his/her religion. It grew out of long-standing regional/sectarian conflicts. That is obviously not the case here. How are their lives at risk from us? If anything, one would figure their lives would be much more at risk from their local militants by demonstrating any favorability toward America. So Taqiyya isn't really something that makes a lot of sense here.

The most plausible scenarios are that either those protests did happen, or else they never happened at all and those signs were photoshopped in by some media outlet with a biased reporting angle. In general, those militants who hate America do not seek to pretend to "fool" us into making us think that they like us through a carefully constructed photo op.

It just sounds like you read something on a blog once but then failed to logically think this situation through. Just repeating one word does not abdicate the requirement that you think critically about this.
Take your pick taqiyya or kitman - it all equals lying muslims.

Quote:
Kitman is the act of paying lip service to authority while holding personal opposition. It is a sort of political camouflage, for the purpose of survival, in circumstances where open opposition would result in persecution.
Kitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No.

Those pictures are lies. Taqiyya.

Taqiyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They made 5 signs and passed them around to different people to hold and took 12 sets of pictures.

Give me a break.

That's all complete bullcrap.
Prove they're lies.
Not your opinion.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Prove they're lies.
Not your opinion.
When they stand by with signs, and don't take action.

That's proof enough for me.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
When they stand by with signs, and don't take action.

That's proof enough for me.
No, that's not proof.
What can they do?

What do you do with Westboro?
What did you do when c's murder ob/gyns that happen to perform abortions as well?

I guess you're complicit.

See, I can make stupid unfounded statements just like you do.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, that's not proof.
What can they do?

What do you do with Westboro?
What did you do when c's murder ob/gyns that happen to perform abortions as well?

I guess you're complicit.

See, I can make stupid unfounded statements just like you do.
When a band of Christians storm an embassy and drag out an ambassador and kill him, we can discuss it.

I don't see Christians doing that do you?

When Westboro protests, they aren't attacking people physically, freedom of speech is protected in this nation.

When psychonuts decide that women's lives mean nothing in this country what do you do?

I don't support any psychonuts killing doctors who give abortions, because abortion is protected in this country and women have the right to choose an abortion.

If I'm complicit, you're playing a game, and not being truthful or straightforward, and it's ridiculous.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
When a band of Christians storm an embassy and drag out an ambassador and kill him, we can discuss it.

I don't see Christians doing that do you?

When Westboro protests, they aren't attacking people physically, freedom of speech is protected in this nation.
Nice deflection.
I see christers burning korans purposely to incite.

So you agree with Westboro? I'm not surprised.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Oh please...

Look the protesters out there rioting are retard-strength mongoloid idiots, but to say that there's absolutely division of though at all between all billion Muslims on this planet is just as stupid. My girlfriend is half-Syrian Arab and many of her relatives still consider themselves to be Muslim, both in culture and religion, yet they're completely refined and educated people--most of them are actually doctors. I have close Bosnian and Turkish friends as well who are nothing like the Arab masses in terms of religious ferocity. I've spent plenty of time in Muslim nations where no one gave a care if I was Christian--in fact in places like Morocco I met some of the most hospitable people I've ever met who invited me into their homes. Which is why when the unwashed masses engage in more stupidity like this latest round of anger over what is basically a YouTube video it's even more depressing, because I realize that's what all people like my girlfriend's father(whose birth name is Mohhammed) are going to be judged on.

When people have rioted in America(which is often if you look at our history) did other Americans have peaceful protests denouncing the rioters? No, never--that almost never happens anywhere.
Yes, the civil rights movement, sit-ins at segregated restaurants, you don't know your "passive resistance" history do you? The 1960's. Martin Luther King, Selma protests.

Get into a history book.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Yes, the civil rights movement, sit-ins at segregated restaurants, you don't know your "passive resistance" history do you? The 1960's. Martin Luther King, Selma protests.

Get into a history book.
The Civil Rights movement wasn't engaged in peaceful protests aimed at "protesting the protesters"; they were protesting against a racist power structure. Martin Luther King didn't march from Selma to Montgomery protest riots in Watts or other against fellow blacks.

What I was referring to was the OP's question why aren't other peaceful Muslims out protesting against the violent protests. Go open a history book and find how many peaceful protests ever set out simply to condemn rioters. Sometimes a peaceful demonstration occurs before or after violent protests--but often they simply have the same aim.

And don't insult me. I'm willing to go head to head with you anytime and anywhere, if you want in to get into a challenge of historical knowledge.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
It is kind of funny reading this thread......and many others like it......and am left speechless.

10 years ago, I was on many Islamic Forums trying to get to the gist of the 911 attacks, and to get their view point on it.

I was also defending our actions in the Middle East, our alliance with Israel and the good intentions of our government.

Many rightwing type religiously patriotic muslims would **** me off with their bullheaded beliefs and I would usually end up getting banned for a week or so from my fighting back. They were less lenient of differing viewpoints, but then most religious forums are especially that way. The same things happens when debating on Christian forums.

How things have come full circle, where they were right in many respects.
Our government is corrupt to the core with no good intentions whatsoever, other than dominance in the Middle East in order to preserve the petro dollar.

And LuckyGem, I used to use the Taqiyya card quite often with them and they would accuse me of being a filthy zionist lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies