Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:44 PM

465 posts, read 507,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because "peaceful Muslims" secretly condone the violent acts of their radical brethren. It serves their own purposes to be a "victimized minority of religious bigotry" in the Western world so that Islam can continue its progression into secular and non-secular Western Judeo-Christian societies. In other words, the ultimate goal of Islam is to destroy the infidels from within so that Islam can set up shop.

Don't believe me? Have any of you visited Paristan or Londonstan lately?

While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within

The USA's clinging to its Christian God and Guns is what's saving it from falling into Europestan's fate. God help America the day the liberal atheists successfully turn the U.S. secular like Europe. That's like a welcome mat for radical Islam to take hold within the culture and choke it to death.
And there we have an example of Christian extremism folks, Christian God and Guns good, Muslims all bad and crazy and destroying the world, okay got it thanks for the lesson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I believe there are some muslims who consider this terrorism wrong. However, I believe that they have to go against
what they are taught by their religion to do so. Their texts tell them that any depiction of mohammed in any way is
blasphemy, and blasphemy is punishable by death.

There are muslim sects as well as individulas who are persecuted by other muslims for their lack of falling in line.
To speak out against those terrorists in any way puts them in line for death.
The same can be said for Christianity I posted the scriptures in another thread where Jesus says "I come not to bring peace but a sword" again he says in another scripture "the kingdom of god suffereth violence and the violent take it by force" i could go on both old and new testament the difference is we've had way more time to "explain" away those scriptures while still allowing the fundies to say "i believe in the literal translation of the Bible 100000%" and of course if you disagree with them on gay rights they don't listen and won't until it's unpopular just like they allow divorced people in the church unlike before when you could and usually were kicked out of the church...not to mention lynchings and such...we've just had more time to grow

Old 09-27-2012, 02:59 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
The same can be said for Christianity I posted the scriptures in another thread where Jesus says "I come not to bring peace but a sword" again he says in another scripture "the kingdom of god suffereth violence and the violent take it by force" i could go on both old and new testament the difference is we've had way more time to "explain" away those scriptures while still allowing the fundies to say "i believe in the literal translation of the Bible 100000%" and of course if you disagree with them on gay rights they don't listen and won't until it's unpopular just like they allow divorced people in the church unlike before when you could and usually were kicked out of the church...not to mention lynchings and such...we've just had more time to grow
Your quote about Jesus bringing a sword references His word that cuts both ways. Its context does not allow for a literal translation. But, your point is well taken - the OT is full of savagery (in a literal sense). There is also lots of imagery of it in the NT, but it portends to end-of-days events by satanic forces. However, Peter does react rather violently by cutting off the ear of one of the guards when they came for Jesus. Of course, Jesus corrected Peter for his actions and quickly healed the guards ear.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
There are two distinct parts of the Koran, some historians feel different inspirations and Mohammad is thought to may have not fully inspired the second part by many historians due to its nature. So a person can pick and choose from the Koran, but the problem is the full Koran contradicts by a premise in two opposing psychological foundations....so its not a matter of evil vrs good...its exactly like I say, the Muslim is not encouraged to turn the other cheek and has FULL power of discretion with zero property in reconciliation or engaging review from others....the Muslim is "not allowed" to consider suggestions in the area of the translation of his faith from others....

above goes to show how Obama knows nothing about the Muslim and his speech trying to tell Muslims how to be in Cairo was ridiculous. Speaking with the people is possible but not without knowing where they are coming from. I'm not saying all Muslims are extremists And in defense of this translation, a very very good and noble Muslim will tell you....all are going to hell except the Muslim with only very rare exceptions for few others, that's what the world is working with and does not necessarily suggest absolute ill-will on behalf of the good hard working Muslim ..I'm not evaluating anything or judging with opinion, just relaying understandings.. Obama touts about Islam and his father and on and on , but the problem is he hasn't got a clue as to what he's talking about and from the Muslims perspective....he breaks every rule in the book, there's just no doubt about that. Never would there be ANY respect from the ME with Obama in office. He would be considered a pointless personality with no God anywhere and an origin for evil corruption, I don't think I need to make a list....internet shows and explains much for everybody , everywhere.

Born again Christians believe only Christians are going to heaven no exceptions so I don't see how that's any different. And there's scriptures like Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth" that gets used by every conservative in town by the very notion of moderatism.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Your quote about Jesus bringing a sword references His word that cuts both ways. Its context does not allow for a literal translation. But, your point is well taken - the OT is full of savagery (in a literal sense). There is also lots of imagery of it in the NT, but it portends to end-of-days events by satanic forces. However, Peter does react rather violently by cutting off the ear of one of the guards when they came for Jesus. Of course, Jesus corrected Peter for his actions and quickly healed the guards ear.
but to extremist christians like the kkk it's not read in that way they literally believe in dividing families and such which yes they're extremists which is my point there's plenty of craziness to go around but a lot of sane people in all walks as well

Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Why are Not 'Peaceful' Muslims Protesting the Protesters?
That's the most crucial point.
Its not that there are no reasonable, educated and moderate people in Muslim society. The problem is that they all speak in one voice with moderates feeling the obligation to stand behind those who set the tone. At base, they are tribal societies and their support always goes to the tribe they belong to. (That is also the reason democracy, western style doesn't work there. For that you need independently thinking individuals who express themselves freely).
In Islamic societies, the clashes are mostly between groups, clans and tribes. In Lebanon the Shiites will always vote for Hisbullah, even they may disagree with them on personal level. The Druze vote for their candidates (whoever that may be) and Christians for theirs. In Iraq, The Sunnis supported Saddam, the Shiites went with the Iranian backed parties and Kurds rallied for their candidate. Assad in Syria has a "relative easy" job: he fights and kills people based on clan association, villages and towns. He doesn't hunt them one by one. He knows that a certain quarter in Homs houses his opponents and takes care that nobody escapes alive from there.
Terrorists also take advantage of this situation. They always count on their "family" to hide, feed, provide and support them, in spite of the misery they bring to these people. In a regular society, moderates would combat these radicals, pushing them out and eliminating them. That is always better then the US hunting a specific terrorist in person all over the middle east. Bin Laden was hosted in comfort by the Pakistanis for years. If they wanted, they could eliminate him even before 9/11.
Bottom line: when western liberals say: "not all Muslims are the same" the answer is yes, but...

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-27-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies