U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,237 posts, read 13,302,229 times
Reputation: 5915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
I watched the live news report on the return of our war on terror heroes. Yes, Mr. President, in case you have not noticed we have been and are at war with terrorists. If you cannot equate 9-11-01 with what happened on 9-11-12...there is no hope that you will grow into a real and mature...President. Didn't your conscience waiver a little bit...for the denigration you perpretrated on our country...apologizing for it....if you don't like us...quit..save time and effort....the messages you convey..make our enemies think we are weak and vulverable and so they strike.
Some one sent me a video on 9-11...with Amazing grace playing in the background. I thought of all who died that day and all who died this 9-11 year of 2012, I also saw the video that Fox News was ready to show the world about Obama and his background which certainly has affected his outlook in the year of 2012. Europeans have said, they have less trouble with this incompetent President than with the voters who put him there.
During the last three and one half years, Obama has traveled to at least 14 countries and apologized for America's ,his opinion, arrogance et cetera, he weakened our military budget and forces, attacked Wall St. ( the backbone of capitalism in America, you know, the rich people he hates....from whom we are supposed to get jobs.... not from poor people...????? moreover, if Obama has future plans to tax the rich more than they are today, knowing the over 51 per cent of Americans are on public assistance then it has to be that this inexperienced amateur President is spending our money...middle class money....he and his bride spend and live like Royalty...vacations and lavish acoutrements.....instead of being outraged by the ambassodor and diplomats deaths, he is yet apologizing...saying we will continue to work with them? how about a Reaganesque approach....you do it again...it means war....we win...you lose....appeasement did not work during the WWII warnings about Hitler's impending march across Europe and it will not appease the militant muslims who are marching like the American occupy movement with steriods, please fellow bloggers think about this....if another 9-11 were to occur and another embassy onslaught were to occur who would you want at the helm....a strong leader or a weak apologetic appeaser and his fashion conscious wife who wore an eight thousand dollar jacket to a London reception and six hundred dollar senakers to a food pantry distribution center? Do you think her clothes brought Europeans closer to us???????Disgusting.....Elect a strong leader...a sober business man...not someone...who wants a White House Beer manufactured in the bowels of the White House.....If we wanted an entertainer who can sing and dance on the wide screen we would elect the winner of Dancing with the Stars. We need a solemn, serious business man....like Romney....I know...I am from Massachusetts....where he worked with a Democratic Legislature and got things done....let's get rid of those who think they are more powerful than God, throwing Him out of the Democratic convention and elect people who know they are human and that there are bad human beings planning our demise....let's be strong and stand by America....by the way how about cutting off Libya and Egypt's 2 billion per year subsidy, they will be praying on their knees....no doubt.
AS I said, you REALLY should consider changng your handle.

Hopefully your blood pressure went down after getting that little rant out, we would not want anything to burst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: NE Florida
9,362 posts, read 22,334,554 times
Reputation: 9263
It wasn't a "welcome home". That was the headline chosen by an editor. Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Long Island
29,511 posts, read 12,340,427 times
Reputation: 6096
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
WTF is this? Welcome home? Do these folks not realize they re coming home in body bags. I can't believe this is still up. Photo op anybody?

"President Barack Obama will travel to Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington on Friday to welcome home the remains of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the three other Americans killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya."

Obama to welcome home remains of Americans killed in Libya | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Nicely done KU your record of objectivity is intact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Prison!
913 posts, read 2,830,439 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Seriously...could you right wingers get any more ridiculous with this (rhetorical question)?

If Obama goes and pays his respects to these men: "Oh, look at him. He must think it's some photo op. He's showing up to torment them and apologize for their actions. Blah, blah, blah. It's DISGUSTING."

If Obama were to not go and pay his respects to these men: "Oh, my god. He's probably out golfing. He doesn't care enough about them to show up. Blah, blah, blah. It's DISGUSTING."


Go crawl in a hole and don't come back out.
Yes...re5peck is one thing but inviting all the media is another..ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Kids: The phrase "welcome home" IS the proper phrase to use when bodies of our soldiers and other people in the service of our country are returned home. It's a phrase of honor and respect and all those here criticizing this are either truly just kids with no sense of history and decorum or they are so blinded by partisan hate that they are just looking for anything to pick apart that they THINK will put the Democrats in a bad light. Eat the egg on your faces!

Exhibit One and I could post a hundred but you'll get the idea..........
Andrews residents, Patriot Guards welcome home fallen soldier - Mywesttexas.com: Top Stories

Oh, and those of you saying it was just a photo-op for Obama. Guess what, it's a photo-op to send out to the entire world. An important photo-op. Would you rather have the Middle East think we just pull the bodies off a plane like a sack of potatoes? No honor? No sense of great loss to our country?
Great post and yes, the Repugs would have just dumped the bodies into the back of their rusty pickups rather than have Obama seen honoring these American heroes.




If Obama hadn't been there there would still be Repugs sniveling and whining about """why wasn't Obama there, he should've been their to WELCOME them home??!""

They do NOT care about these American heroes...just slinging mud and whining whenever they can...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
Yes...re5peck is one thing but inviting all the media is another..ok
AGAIN

We are all Americans , the dead were American heroes and WE have the right to SEE their return.... we can't all be THERE! DUH!

The media didn't have to be "invited" They have a duty to cover it , it's there damn job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,243,660 times
Reputation: 3657
No Marines for Libyan Ambassador, Full Security Detail for Valerie Jarrett Vacation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 08:35 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,217,608 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
WTF is this? Welcome home? Do these folks not realize they re coming home in body bags. I can't believe this is still up. Photo op anybody?

"President Barack Obama will travel to Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington on Friday to welcome home the remains of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the three other Americans killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya."

Obama to welcome home remains of Americans killed in Libya | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
I thought you were complaining earlier about the President not showing respect. What is he to do? I saw clips of the service when the bodies came home. If any of those people were my loved ones I would have been very touched and comforted by the ceremony. Both the President and Hillary Clinton were very respectful of the people and the work they had done.

I think it's typical to refer to people "coming home" when they have been killed in other countries while serving for this country. Isn't that what they say about soldiers who are coming home after being killed in war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,217,608 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
I watched the live news report on the return of our war on terror heroes. Yes, Mr. President, in case you have not noticed we have been and are at war with terrorists. If you cannot equate 9-11-01 with what happened on 9-11-12...there is no hope that you will grow into a real and mature...President. Didn't your conscience waiver a little bit...for the denigration you perpretrated on our country...apologizing for it....if you don't like us...quit..save time and effort....the messages you convey..make our enemies think we are weak and vulverable and so they strike.
Some one sent me a video on 9-11...with Amazing grace playing in the background. I thought of all who died that day and all who died this 9-11 year of 2012, I also saw the video that Fox News was ready to show the world about Obama and his background which certainly has affected his outlook in the year of 2012. Europeans have said, they have less trouble with this incompetent President than with the voters who put him there.
During the last three and one half years, Obama has traveled to at least 14 countries and apologized for America's ,his opinion, arrogance et cetera, he weakened our military budget and forces, attacked Wall St. ( the backbone of capitalism in America, you know, the rich people he hates....from whom we are supposed to get jobs.... not from poor people...????? moreover, if Obama has future plans to tax the rich more than they are today, knowing the over 51 per cent of Americans are on public assistance then it has to be that this inexperienced amateur President is spending our money...middle class money....he and his bride spend and live like Royalty...vacations and lavish acoutrements.....instead of being outraged by the ambassodor and diplomats deaths, he is yet apologizing...saying we will continue to work with them? how about a Reaganesque approach....you do it again...it means war....we win...you lose....appeasement did not work during the WWII warnings about Hitler's impending march across Europe and it will not appease the militant muslims who are marching like the American occupy movement with steriods, please fellow bloggers think about this....if another 9-11 were to occur and another embassy onslaught were to occur who would you want at the helm....a strong leader or a weak apologetic appeaser and his fashion conscious wife who wore an eight thousand dollar jacket to a London reception and six hundred dollar senakers to a food pantry distribution center? Do you think her clothes brought Europeans closer to us???????Disgusting.....Elect a strong leader...a sober business man...not someone...who wants a White House Beer manufactured in the bowels of the White House.....If we wanted an entertainer who can sing and dance on the wide screen we would elect the winner of Dancing with the Stars. We need a solemn, serious business man....like Romney....I know...I am from Massachusetts....where he worked with a Democratic Legislature and got things done....let's get rid of those who think they are more powerful than God, throwing Him out of the Democratic convention and elect people who know they are human and that there are bad human beings planning our demise....let's be strong and stand by America....by the way how about cutting off Libya and Egypt's 2 billion per year subsidy, they will be praying on their knees....no doubt.
Do you live in a fantasy world? there is almost nothing in your post which is truth. Do you really believe all those things? Reading through you post, I felt as if I had been dropped into an alternate reality. Btw, just because YOU believe in "God" doesn't mean that everybody in this country agrees with you, and "God/religion" should have no place in our government. Didn't you know that it was Obama who wanted "God" put back in the platform?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,217,608 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The press are idiots. I actually think they wanted to make it seem like it was something positive. Note how they have covered the story from the get go. Doing everything possible to make certain Obama appears to have done nothing wrong, made no mistakes, and is so on top of things. Yet, if you look at the facts, his Administration screwed this up from before it even occurred.
It seems to me, from reading this thread and others about the violence which has erupted, that the very hardest, hardcore far right wing people out there in the public post here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top