Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

WTF is this? Welcome home? Do these folks not realize they re coming home in body bags. I can't believe this is still up. Photo op anybody?

"President Barack Obama will travel to Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington on Friday to welcome home the remains of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the three other Americans killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya."

Obama to welcome home remains of Americans killed in Libya | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
And if he didn't travel to Andrews to meet that plane, he'd instantly be accused of not caring about our assassinated ambassador.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
That's what you do when an ambassador is killed in the line of duty: You show some damn respect.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I'm watching it live and it's making me quite ill. Especially Hillary. Still bloviating and spewing about how 'we' had nothing to do with the video.

Newsflash, Hillary, you stupid woman: It's not about a video, you idiot!

The only thing missing from the 'welcome home' speeches is that moron Biden standing up there and saying, "well, I was wrong.....Osama isn't quite as dead as I thought!"

If one of those fellas were my family, the last thing I would want would be speeches from the 3-ring circus known as the 0bama administration.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
You guys need to get a grip.

Something bad has happened and no matter what Obama does, you will criticize it as the wrong thing.

I saw the same thing from the far left when Bush was president.

You know, you'd have more legitimacy if you actually paced yourself and didn't try to make everything and anything into an Obama failure. I know you can't help yourselves though, can you not see your reflection in some of the other posters around here?

Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
I think the only thing inappropriate is just the wording used by the newspaper. "Welcoming Home" would not have been the phrase I would have used. Them being there is VERY appropriate and right.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I think the only thing inappropriate is just the wording used by the newspaper. "Welcoming Home" would not have been the phrase I would have used. Them being there is VERY appropriate and right.
Pretty much this.

Obama is doing the right thing by being there.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
"If I had a son he would look like Martin...I mean...the Ambassador....what's his name again?" NO- The damage is done and there is no damage control that will help by this display of loyalty-leadership and emotion...that is obviously a knee jerk bit of advice from his oh so wise handlers.

Why is it that these guys underestimate the perceptive powers of the citizens...It's like a guy who let his dog off leash near a super highway and now stands looking noble over the squished mutt.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:56 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
'welcome home' just doesn't sound right, but that should be blamed on the author of the article. he's the one who used it.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Pretty much this.

Obama is doing the right thing by being there.
The right thing would have been to ask his intelligence guy if diplomats in that region were safe and if they may need more security- but somethings never come to mind when you are too busy looking in the mirror or making sure you look cool for the cameras. Speaking of cameras...Maybe if I was one of his advisors I would have suggested ....'we had better send out a press release that this re-patration is a private affair and there will be no cameras to cheapen the event.

If he did the wise thing it would work- but of course there will be sad lowered faces and people saluting ...and maybe some violin music and cameras soaking up the image like it was NOT a campaign ad....This is a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies