Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times

Advertisements

Is there a bit of pride involved in admitting that one was at least partially wrong about a candidate? I'm thinking that's why they don't hold Obama accountable, because it might involve admitting maybe they weren't exactly 100% correct or well-informed. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:47 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Is there a bit of pride involved in admitting that one was at least partially wrong about a candidate? I'm thinking that's why they don't hold Obama accountable, because it might involve admitting maybe they weren't exactly 100% correct or well-informed. Thoughts?
why, you guys don't do that for romney. Why should we?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:50 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,435 times
Quote:
Why didn't Republicans/conservatives hold Bush accountable? It seems like the national debt only became an issue after Obama got elected. I don't seem to remember people protesting Medicare Part D that other big entitlement before Obamacare.

The fact is that partisan hacks on both sides never want to see fault with their candidates. I am sure there are studies that show that people respond differently to ideas when they are told that said ideas come from Republicans or Democrats (rather than the substance of the ideas).

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
They don't do it for Bush either. Apparently admitting your candidate is a failure is only a requirement for Democrats since Republicans can do no wrong.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Probably because Obama is under oath of office and Romney is not. Is that the best answer you can come up with? "I know you are but what am I."

Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Some liberals have held Obama accountable for some of his actions. Ed Brayton of Free Thought Blogs has criticized Obama several times on civil liberties violations and for flip-flopping on Gitmo.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
Quote:
Probably because Obama is under oath of office and Romney is not. Is that the best answer you can come up with? "I know you are but what am I."
Its pretty good answer for a partisan hack like you. You hate obama because he is a democrat. I'm just going to assume you think you party is perfect and never made mistakes, so I think for the post you created, I think my answer is just about right.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:01 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
"Why don't Democrats/liberals hold Obama accountable? "

For nothing ever, no matter what.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Because that would not make them...feel....good....and that is what it is about after all, right?

Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Romney isnt potus, Barack is right now.

From the time before he was even elected, you and the press have been giving excuses, blaming others, and defending or ignoring things he has done. If people listen to you and the press, Barack does nothing wrong. The current state of the country is either "on the right track" or not his fault. Economy, jobs, you name it, you never hold him accountable. Ever.

This man can do whatever he wants, screw up anything, lie, ect and you will excuse, defend or ignore it.

You even ignore the mishandling of the current crisis in the Middle East. You ignore that he did nothing to beef up security or how he went on to campaign and make jokes and laugh as if nothing ever happened, the day he read a weak statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies