Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
But it's all Bush's fault. The recession officially ended in 2009 not long after Obama took office, Obama fixed it. The economy still sucks now, Bush did it. The national debt is now $16T, Bush gave Obama a crappy plate. Troops still in the war 4 years after Bush, still Bush's fault.

It's just how it works with the liberals. Obama is flawless, literally. He can't do a single thing wrong, no matter what he does. It's amusing.
And the radical Islamists are attacking American embassies. It's Bush's fault. Gas prices have doubled: Bush. Do the libs know how ridiculous they sound?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
So if Obama wins and the GOP retains the house Obama will still not be able to get anything done? That is why we need a leader as president. Romney got things done in a state with 80% democrats in his legislature.
That was a different Romney. Pro choice,pro gun control,etc.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
And the radical Islamists are attacking American embassies. It's Bush's fault. Gas prices have doubled: Bush. Do the libs know how ridiculous they sound?

One thing is bushes fault. Obama in office. People didnt vote for Obama. They didnt even vote against Mccant. In 08 they were still voting against Bush.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:56 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'll tell you who I'm ashamed of: this forum's conservatives and the rest of the fringe of the rabid right wingers around the nation who have this fetishistic hell-bent need to make up completely stupid crap for the sake of trying to capitalize on this tragedy. In face, YOU guys who are doing this should be ashamed...if you had any in the first place.
This is not a tragedy, it is a terrorist attack on our nation. Yes, there is still a War on Terror and it is about time that Obama realizes it. Could he at least meet with his security advisors, ask them questions, make suggestions, formulate a plan with them. Could he meet with the leaders of the countries in the Middle East that are our allies, like Israel and others. It would be a show of leadership. It would help his campaign more than fundraising.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
This is not a tragedy, it is a terrorist attack on our nation. Yes, there is still a War on Terror and it is about time that Obama realizes it. Could he at least meet with his security advisors, ask them questions, make suggestions, formulate a plan with them. Could he meet with the leaders of the countries in the Middle East that are our allies, like Israel and others. It would be a show of leadership. It would help his campaign more than fundraising.
Yeah, it's not like his administration has done anything actively in the way of countering terrorism, such as dramatically expanding drone strikes and killing dozens of high-value targets, finally bagging OBL, and shoring up the situation in Afghanistan. Did you decided to just purposefully be obtuse and "forget" this for the sake of your argument, or have you not been following along?

Here, I'll do your own criticism of Obama for you, but better: Obama has actually been quite active and ruthless in his approach to terrorism, which actually contradicts quite a few of the things he said in criticizing Bush's policies back when Obama was a candidate. He has taken on and even expanded many of Bush's policies, to the largely silent onlooking of the Democrats.

Former CIA Chief: Obama’s War on Terror Same as Bush’s, But With More Killing
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...war-on-terror/

Last edited by ambient; 09-15-2012 at 06:14 AM..

Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
I'm more ashamed of the naive American voters that will put him or Romney back in office for more of the same crap.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I have to agree. If what he did the other day did not embarrass you, then there is something wrong with you. Replace Barack with George Bush over the last few days and you can only imagine the media firestorm and nuclear rage from the left.
Don't be ashamed of your country

Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Blah, blah, blah. It used to be that right-wingers had a new "outrage" every week. Now it's every hour.
If your hero didn't make a fool of himself every hour, we wouldn't have to comment every hour.

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrB View Post
War in Afghanistan? Who started that anyway?
Four Americans killed? Pretty low to use that to get votes. Besides, Obama didn't make the movie.
Nothing accomplished over the last three years? Who was it right after the election that said they would prevent Obama from getting anything passed even if it were originaly a republican idea.
It takes more then the President to get most things accomplished.
"War in Afghanistan? Who started that anyway?"

"If you don't know the answer, don't ask the question. It makes you look foolish."

AMERICA started the war. A DEMOCRAT co-sponsored the bill, in fact he was the Senate Majority Leader. Many top DEMOCRATS voted yes when the bill came up.

Just to re-fresh your memory, if you are old enough.

Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state (Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Gee, i see many of the TOP leaders from the DEMOCRAT party here.

How does crow taste?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Pretty much. I'm not ashamed of my president at all. I'm so not ashamed that I'm a volunteer in my city, trying to get others to vote him in office again in November. Oh the horror.
Someone said, "When you keep your cool when every one else loses theirs, maybe YOU haven't grasped the situation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies