Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Cyber Queen

I am so sick of hearing this false "War on Women" crap. Talk to women in the middle-east about a war on women. I bet they would love to deal with the so called war on women in this country. There is NO War on Women!! Not in the USA anyway, go get your panties in a bunch over the REAL war on women in other countries.

Well all women should stand up for their rights to be equal shouldn't they. Thankfully, we have done that here in this country. Government should not tell women what to do with their bodies. We thought that was settled decades ago. So women have been involved in other issues like the economy and education and so forth. But now we are again faced with these issues, that we thought were long resolved, because of Republicans. Women won this fight before and we will win it again. Yeah, in my mind there is a war on women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
I can't believe that reasonable and intelligent people would respond in this manner. It has nothing to do with right wing or left wing, although liberals love to politicize the issue. Can you not see that abortion destroys the life that has comes from our very own bodies and carries our DNA and our genetic traits? Can there be a greater expression of self loathing than destroying the life force we make in our image and likeness and ultimately that which reflects the image and likeness of God? Arguing in favor of abortion only proves that some people desire a culture of death and extinction more than the blessings of life. The hollow arguments in favor of abortion have not changed since Roe-v-Wade in 1973. The whole pro-abortion stand has become so redundant that it has become ridiculous.
That's what Democrats are all about.

Killing babies.

They could care less. Then stifle business.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
I can't believe that reasonable and intelligent people would respond in this manner. It has nothing to do with right wing or left wing, although liberals love to politicize the issue. Can you not see that abortion destroys the life that has comes from our very own bodies and carries our DNA and our genetic traits? Can there be a greater expression of self loathing than destroying the life force we make in our image and likeness and ultimately that which reflects the image and likeness of God? Arguing in favor of abortion only proves that some people desire a culture of death and extinction more than the blessings of life. The hollow arguments in favor of abortion have not changed since Roe-v-Wade in 1973. The whole pro-abortion stand has become so redundant that it has become ridiculous.
OMG get off your idealized horse. abortion destroys a fetus a potential life. to not allow a woman to control her own reproduction, no matter how she gets pregnant is slavery. children should be born to parents who want them. some pregnancies are not a blessing. it is called pro choice for a reason. many women take their pregnancy to term as it is a blessing to them. others adopt their babies out and others have abortion.s the "blessing" is not for you to decide unless it is you who is pregnant.

many people who are pro life are pro life for themselves and pro choice for others. in america women are equal and we have the right to privacy and our able to control our own reproduction based on our own personal values.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM

450 posts, read 1,058,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am so sick of hearing this false "War on Women" crap. Talk to women in the middle-east about a war on women. I bet they would love to deal with the so called war on women in this country. There is NO War on Women!! Not in the USA anyway, go get your panties in a bunch over the REAL war on women in other countries.

Here this is the REAL war on women!!

UAE: Court Rules that Wife-Beating Allowed Under Sharia Law | Women Reclaiming and Redefining Cultures

FrontPage Magazine - How Sharia Law Punishes Raped Women

THIS IS A REAL WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!
Utterly tragic and totally indefensible that this abuse of women is happening anywhere in the world! The war on women shown in these photographs is being waged in a part of the world that our present leaders seem hell-bent on accomodating. While we are tripping over ourselves to be the nice guys and play fair, we are dealing with people, evidenced by the photos in this post, that have no intention of doing likewise.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Those pictures are horrible, but, what is your argument? That women aren't being stoned here (yet), so they should relax, and not be alert for efforts by Christain extremists to erode their rights? That's some bizarre logic.

Women came within AN EYELASH of seeing a law passed that would have forced them to endure unwanted, medically un-necessary VAGINAL PROBES in the Commonwealth of Virginia this year- right here in the good old' "Christian" USA. The only thing that caused McDonnell to cool it was his vice presidential ambitions.

Where do forced vaginal probes rank on your scale of outrage? Or are you good with that?

When it comes to violence against women, by patriarchal religious extremists, the difference between Christians and Muslims would seem to be a matter of degrees
You can insult Christians all you want many of us are not pro-life, me included. And let me clear right now. I am not against abortion I think it should be legal but NOT used as a form of birth control and the tax payers should not be required to front the bill.

LMAO!!!! Yeah cause women here would ever be stoned. What a load of crap. Why did they want to do the probe? To show women exactly what they were aborting? A BABY!!! You have abortion legal and readily available BC. It is to easy to just kill a baby it should not be that simple. Women need to truly understand what they are doing.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the "baby" is a fetus and can not think or feel when most abortions are done. BC is great wonder why so many right wing folks disapprove of it?
You are misinformed. A fetus can indeed feel pain. They develop a startle reflex at six weeks and also develop a sense of touch during the first trimester. If a physician inserts a needle into the womb, an embryo can be seen pulling away. Similiarly, if you gently tap your belly near where a fetus is lying, it can respond by moving.

I don't have a link for you; you're going to have to look this up yourself.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cyber QueenBut now we are again faced with these issues, that we thought were long resolved, because of Republicans. Women won this fight before and we will win it again. Yeah, in my mind there is a war on women.
Well, getting into your mind might be a big mistake.

Are you saying that if not for Republicans, all women would not think twice about killing their baby?

If the country was ran by Democrats only, all the time, women would be baby killers without personal feelings?

Judgement call? Not in your opinion. It sounds like kill, kill, kill to me. You are a good Democrat.

Sucking a baby out of your vaginal area is analogous to taking a crap according to you. Flush it down the toilet.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
You are misinformed. A fetus can indeed feel pain. They develop a startle reflex at six weeks and also develop a sense of touch during the first trimester. If a physician inserts a needle into the womb, an embryo can be seen pulling away. Similiarly, if you gently tap your belly near where a fetus is lying, it can respond by moving.

I don't have a link for you; you're going to have to look this up yourself.
I have looked it up before, a startle reflex is far different then a pain reflex which is not formed until I think the thrid trimester.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cyber Queen

Well all women should stand up for their rights to be equal shouldn't they. Thankfully, we have done that here in this country. Government should not tell women what to do with their bodies. We thought that was settled decades ago. So women have been involved in other issues like the economy and education and so forth. But now we are again faced with these issues, that we thought were long resolved, because of Republicans. Women won this fight before and we will win it again. Yeah, in my mind there is a war on women.
Ok so why are you not screaming because prostitution is not legal, I mean it is your body after all you should be able to sell it. Or selling your organs, after all it is your body. No one is screaming about that but yeah let's fight for the right to kill a baby. Yeah that is great.

No one is taking anything away from you. It should not be as simple as it is to get an abortion.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ok so why are you not screaming because prostitution is not legal, I mean it is your body after all you should be able to sell it. Or selling your organs, after all it is your body. No one is screaming about that but yeah let's fight for the right to kill a baby. Yeah that is great.

No one is taking anything away from you. It should not be as simple as it is to get an abortion.
women are not stupid they know what abortion is. you want to make it harder for women to get abortions, that way instead of most abortions happening in the first trimester they would happen later on in the pregnancy when it is harder on the woman and the fetus is more developed? yeah that is a brilliant idea

you would feel better forcing women to give birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies