Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
What is interesting is that American-born Muslims are much more likely to be radicalized than foreign-born Muslims. This was confirmed in a Pew survey in 2009. Probably those who immigrate to the U.S. tend to be well-educated professionals and "moderates" only half-committed to their religion. This never works for long in any religion. Their children either lose their Islam altogether or decide to be real Muslims.
Word has it the 1st US born group of kids are neither fist nor fowl. In other words; they ain't really "American" in their hearts but ain't "old country" like their legal alien parents. Tho the 2nd US born generation are usually full on "American" at heart.

Not just Muslims, Irish, Chinese, Italians and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl67 View Post
Hilary's workin' on it...along with the U.N.
Won't work cause too many Americans have guns and WON'T give them up.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
And when it ceases to be, the lame stream media still won't cover it, or they will spin it to relate favorably on Obama.

Call it a political rally maybe?

Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When it comes down to it, I believe in what the law tells us. Our law, not sharia law.
I thought we were talking about US law? What does sharia law have to do with it?

I believe is the laws of the US, but law is not cut and dry, but a matter of interpretation. And as we have seen with our own President, laws can be ignored, amended, issued for protected groups, and issued at whim with the ease of signing an Executive Order. Laws can also be manipulated if one knows the law and how to manipulate it. That's why there are lawyers.

I noticed you totally avoided the rest of my post.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I thought we were talking about US law? What does sharia law have to do with it?

I believe is the laws of the US, but law is not cut and dry, but a matter of interpretation. And as we have seen with our own President, laws can be ignored, amended, issued for protected groups, and issued at whim with the ease of signing an Executive Order. Laws can also be manipulated if one knows the law and how to manipulate it. That's why there are lawyers.

And the courts interpret it when it becomes cloudy, not you or I.

If that protester holding the sign saying "Behead the...." is not arrested then nothing comes of it.
But if he is then it's up to a judge to determine if there was cause to arrest him.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Arabs are "white" and not Muslims are Arab. Not all of us white have pasty skin.
Yeah, that's already been discussed and you've already said that multiple times. ALL ARABS ARE WHITE. Sure they are. I think you were trying to say not ALL Muslims are Arab. If that is what you meant, well +1 for you.

Have you missed me???

Old 09-15-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
But a crucifix in a bottle of p*ss barely makes the 6 o'clock news.
I'm not familiar with this whole crucifix in a bottle of pee thing. Was that done by a Muslim?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
And the courts interpret it when it becomes cloudy, not you or I.

If that protester holding the sign saying "Behead the...." is not arrested then nothing comes of it.
But if he is then it's up to a judge to determine if there was cause to arrest him.
Ahhh. Cause. Cause and effect. Right?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

No I didn't avoid it. I'm not familiar enough with their religion to debate it.

I did just read that the Grand Poobah of Islam (Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Abdullah Al al-Sheikh) told them all to "stop punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty". He said attacks on the innocent is a distortion of their religion.

So these Muslims are terrorizing innocent people working at the Embassies because of how they "interpret" their religion.

How ironic is that ?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:04 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
I started watching and just stopped after hearing "Islam is the religion of peace" for the third time from that Imam (assuming he's the Imam of that mosque).

Even their own are in denial that there is a real problem here.

What's that definition of "peace" again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies