Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If the guy would have insulted Christians, the government would perfectly fine with it. More and more we're under Sharia law.
not only that, but they would have been standing here trying to get taxpayer money to help fund the movie..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Could it be that we don't have jurisdiction over the Egyptian TV host.....

The "filmmaker" was being questioned in re violating the conditions of his parole.
Well you'd think in the name of foreign relations the Egyptian government would try to help.
Then again this is the Brotherhood we're talking about.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We cant track down americans in america who are violating their parole, but somehow this man is different..
YES, this man is different because his "movie" is getting worldwide attention and is being cited as the reason for the violence and death of Americans in Libya. The guy should have just hung a neon sign around his neck saying, "here I am."

It would be absolutely negligent of the federal parole officer/officers to just "ignore" this incident because a CONDITION of his parole was that he not use the internet for 5 years. Do you expect our federal employees to just IGNORE an in-your-face situation where there is certainly a question as to whether or not a parolee violated his/her parole?

It may be that this guy did not violate that condition regarding use of the internet. Maybe someone else posted it on YouTube. However, the matter still must be looking into. This is after all a VERY HIGH PROFILE matter.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
These same people that are defending this man being interviewed, are the same ones who condem the Tea Partiers, but support the Occupy Wall Street movement..

They are all over the place with hypocracy
Not only protesting what the Tea Party does but calling them domestic terrorists no less.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:36 AM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Libs hate freedom of speech. I would expect nothing else.

When Muslims kill people over cartoons and movies, the problem is with MUSLIMS, not the creators of the cartoon or movie. When have Christians, Jews, or Hindus gone on a killing rampage over a cartoon or movie?

PS- The Crusades were 800 years ago.
I consider myself to be liberal & I don't hate freedom of speech. In fact, I applauded Natalie Maines when she made her comment about President Bush, as opposed to the knuckle draggers who went out and vilified her and the band.
The facts are the producers of this video have blood on their hands. They're indirectly responsible for the uprising in the middle east. I wouldn't put it past the GOP to be behind this video.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:36 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
Quote:
One of the conditions of this guy's parole from federal prison was that he not use the Internet for five years. He was being questioned regarding whether or not he violated the conditions of his parole. I'd think that if one of the conditions of your parole is that you not use the internet, and then you make a "movie" which is posted on YouTube, it would be negligent of the Federal Parole Officers to ignore it when your YouTube post not only got lots of views but was cited as the cause for violence and death in the world.
Just like I said: They will find something.

That's the beauty of our laws - everybody is guilty of some violation or other. If government wants to question you, they WILL find a reason.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
One of the conditions of this guy's parole from federal prison was that he not use the Internet for five years. He was being questioned regarding whether or not he violated the conditions of his parole. I'd think that if one of the conditions of your parole is that you not use the internet, and then you make a "movie" which is posted on YouTube, it would be negligent of the Federal Parole Officers to ignore it when your YouTube post not only got lots of views but was cited as the cause for violence and death in the world.
Do they have proof that he posted it himself ?
This is the government and they do know who posted it.

If the feds can track down that 16 year old downloading free music at home, you betcha they can track down who posted that clip.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
We cant track down americans in america who are violating their parole, but somehow this man is different..
He was indirectly responsible for inciting violence that caused the death of four people in the Diploma Service. Yes, that makes him different than your ordinate parole violator in terms of how much manpower the FBI was willing to put into finding this guy. Jeez, don't the teach logic in schools anymore?

Quote:
I agree. They should throw him back in jail if, in fact, he did post it on YouTube or have a friend post it for him.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
The facts are the producers of this video have blood on their hands. They're indirectly responsible for the uprising in the middle east. I wouldn't put it past the GOP to be behind this video.
Sure. Then when do think it is alright to be offensive or critical? Only when the offended party is unlikely to resort to violence?

Should he have made/released this video? Probably not. Did he have the right to? Absolutely.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I consider myself to be liberal & I don't hate freedom of speech. In fact, I applauded Natalie Maines when she made her comment about President Bush, as opposed to the knuckle draggers who went out and vilified her and the band.
Oh so this is a Republican effort to discredit Obama so that Romney gets elected ?
This one I haven't heard yet but I'm not surprised to hear the left blame the Repubs for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies