Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,201 times

Advertisements

Wrong wrong wrong such a movie done correctly has global box office appeal ,it would cut straight to the darkest subliminal fears festering in the Wests collective unconscious right now .Does this recent malevolent force unleashed upon the developed world have its historical roots in real religious figure or a madman? The desire to expunge our fears is currently at war with our respect for multicultural politically correct obeisance.But as the gruesome body count continues to unfold and the assault on our most cherished values is unremitting and relentless,our basic concern for our survival and desire to fight back will reemerge with a vengeance.When we recognize that sometimes two diametrically opposed ideaolgies are in fact irreconcilable and cannot be "negotiated" away ,then and only then will THE PROPHET be released around the globe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 12:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I think it would be hard to find an 11 year old whose mother would consent to her playing the role of a "wife".

Old 09-27-2014, 12:47 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Im just talking about something similar to Passion of the Christ. A story of Mohammad based on historical sources. Will that ever be produced?
When someone writes a good screenplay that's considered a potential $$$ maker it'll be produced.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bill Maher made a movie which tried to rip all religions incluiding Christianity, and Islam, and it was a complete flop
It didn't *try* to rip all religions. It *did* rip all religions.

Also, it was far from a complete flop. No blockbuster, but I would be surprised if Maher had any such expectations.

Bottom line, he spent 2.5 million to produce it, and it grossed about 13 million. It was the highest grossing documentary of 2008, and, as of 2012, among the top 15 all-time top-grossing documentaries for the US.

Dunno whether the gross includes DVD sales or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religulous

Old 09-27-2014, 01:00 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
While not a fan of Wikipedia, I figure it is accurate enough for a silly topic like this:

Muhammad in film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-27-2014, 04:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
If it were, I doubt any rendition would be flattering enough. To start with, depicting Mohammed in any form is a sin under islamic law. So that in itself is a nonstarter.
It is also blasphemy to show the crucifixion of Christ. (I had a grandmother; she told me things not preached about from a pulpit)

This is how I see it. While it is blasphemy to show the crucifixion of Christ as well as to show Mohammad, the difference lays within, one request for respect; one demands respect.

While people can get by with disrespecting Christ and nothing seems to happen, do that to the other and all hell will break loose.

One can do a comparison, between MLK, 'we will love you no matter what you do to us', and Malcolm X, 'we will take what is rightfully ours'.

To me it's like looking at apples and oranges between the two, in what they believe and in how they handle any given situation.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
It won't happen.

One of the reasons, is that no matter what you try to do, you will be someone's enemy. The whole of Islam has so many conflicting beliefs and so much "legend" about Mohammad, that no matter whose version you use (or none of them), you will be ordered to be killed by many.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
While not a fan of Wikipedia, I figure it is accurate enough for a silly topic like this:

Muhammad in film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yet none of them are Hollywood biopics, thanks for playing.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Im just talking about something similar to Passion of the Christ. A story of Mohammad based on historical sources. Will that ever be produced?
No.

Nor will there ever be a movie or play named "The Book of Islam", making fun of the muslim faith.

Bunch of cowards. And hypocrites.

"Islam is a religion of peace....but we're afraid to make fun of it because muslims will kill us!"

Old 09-28-2014, 09:11 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
If they do make a movie get ready for a whole bunch of this crazy shiite worldwide:

One of MY favorites when they're all pissed off about anything:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies