Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:25 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is no game .. the times are extremely bad and when Russia starts marching down toward the middle east we are in for World War III
It's ALL a great big game of chicken, there's certainly nothing that will be accomplished by WW III.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't think if Israel decides to open a can of whoopass on Iran that it would turn into WW3. I figure they drop a few bombs on a few sites and then have to suffer the wrath from the international community, then business as usual would go on.

Just my opinion, of course.
If Israel opens a can o'whoop-ass on anybody you better believe it's not going to be a slap on the wrist.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If Israel opens a can o'whoop-ass on anybody you better believe it's not going to be a slap on the wrist.
The only thing I want to be able to believe is that the consequences are theirs and theirs alone.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only thing I want to be able to believe is that the consequences are theirs and theirs alone.
You know that's not likely to happen.

Quote:
Battleships, aircraft carriers, minesweepers and submarines from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.
The pope is in Lebanon today. Not a safe place for him to be.

Pope urges Lebanon to set an example for co-existence

Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
You know that's not likely to happen.
If it doesn't I hope the impeachment papers are readied quickly for whoever occupies the White House at the time.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,491,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
With the tensions rising across the globe, we only need a big enough spark to set it alight.

10:00PM BST 15 Sep 2012

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike - Telegraph

That's a naval exercise announced several months ago, not preparations for WWIII.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I have not been keeping up with this but I watched a programe this morning that was discussing this and the conclusion from both sides was a lose lose situation for Israel and the US. Iran is moving material inside some mountain range and harding the facility. Israel feels it a necesssity to stop them but wants US support but that is not likely going to happen - instead US will give them a yellow light and let them bear the consequences - in the end Iran either has a nuke or the US or Israel must stop them. No win situation.

For what it is worth I always thought the Iraq and Afgan war was about a longterm strategy (10+ years) to isolate Iran because they knew it would one day have to be dealt with through war.

We will see???

Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Sh*t, or get off the pot.

Compassion for innocent civilians, makes our wars we wage, unwinnable, no matter how long they last.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Prepare.

In the USA we need to get ready for whatever comes, because our borders have been open for so long we have no idea who's in this country preparing to attack us.

Get - Ready.
Get ready for what? Our country is founded on immigration.

And only the nuts here think a WW3 is always coming.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Get ready for what? Our country is founded on immigration.

And only the nuts here think a WW3 is always coming.
This country was founded on immigration I agree - LEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!!!

Not the covert kind that slips thru the cracks and shows up unannounced, unregulated and jeopardizes our national security!

What we have now is NATIONAL IN-SECURITY.

Because of over 20 years of broken borders. We have NO IDEA who is in this country today!

Muslim extremists breach border

Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

Keep reading your liberal progressive pablum, buying what the Obama Administration wants you to believe, as you watch your MSNBC, CNN, and listen to NPR.

The alarm is ringing! Are you going to keep hitting the snooze button or wake up! It's time to open your eyes!

Last edited by LuckyGem; 09-15-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies