Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

How many of you remember the "movie" Religulous"? If you remember it do you remember who paid for it? I think it may have been Bill Maher and it was aimed at making both Christians and Muslims look silly. Now I do believe that Obama took $1 million from Maher a short time ago. This would have been before the Obama administration tried to make a recent "movie" out to be the reason for all the uprisings in Muslim nations. I guess they forgot about Religulous, or something.

Obama Took $1 Million From Liberal Anti-Islam Filmmaker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
I see your point: Obama; Worst secret Muslim in history.
Obama enunciated Hussein to Muslims in Dearborn

Check that link out above. The OP insinuates that Obama is blatantly using his muslim-sounding name to make muslims love him more. This is the same person - here- who insinuates Obama is anti-muslim. Either way, it's W1N. OR maybe, either way, it's F41L. OR maybe either way, no one really cares. "cept Godfather politics, which, incidently, is the web site hosting both stories. I suspect the OP is trying to show us how wishy-washy that web site is. Nice work, bro. I look forward to seeing them fail more.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Check that link out above. IThe OP insinuates that Obama is blatantly using his muslim-sounding name to make muslims love him more. This is the same person - here- who insinuates Obama is anti-muslim. Either way, it's W1N. OR maybe, either way, it's F41L. OR maybe either way, no one really cares. "cept Godfather politics, which, incidently, is the web site hosting both stories. I suspect the OP is trying to show us how wishy-washy that web site is. Nice work, bro. I look forward to seeing them fail more.

You should be reported for being off topic and trying to change subject of the thread.

I saw that too OP. I guess everyone in the Administration who came out and bashed the film forgot that Maher had his own film that was crass and anti-religious. Hmmm, maybe we should send it to Egypt and see if theyll play clips of it on TV. I wonder what the Administration would have to say about films then, if it were Maher's film that "sets off" the mob again.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:54 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times

Obama took $1 million from a liberal anti-Muslim filmmaker

Obama is not Muslim, so I don't see how this is even news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You should be reported for being off topic and trying to change subject of the thread.
It's not off topic, the point of this thread is to try to suggest that Obama is betraying his religion.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Obama took $1 million from a liberal anti-Muslim filmmaker

Obama is not Muslim, so I don't see how this is even news

It's not off topic, the point of this thread is to try to suggest that Obama is betraying his religion.
The point is that the media and this Administration have been stressing that a movie is to blame for the violence in the Middle East. They have also blasted the movie/filmmaker. YET, Maher, who also made an anti-religious movie that took shots at Muslims, gave $1 million towards Obama. Is it that hard to understand?

Old 09-16-2012, 04:00 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
No, it's about condoning those that make anti-Muslim movies.......when it's to his benefit.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of you remember the "movie" Religulous"? If you remember it do you remember who paid for it? I think it may have been Bill Maher and it was aimed at making both Christians and Muslims look silly. Now I do believe that Obama took $1 million from Maher a short time ago. This would have been before the Obama administration tried to make a recent "movie" out to be the reason for all the uprisings in Muslim nations. I guess they forgot about Religulous, or something.

Obama Took $1 Million From Liberal Anti-Islam Filmmaker
They don't care. They already knew Maher has said some pretty awful things. They know the media isn't going to make a big deal out of it. And now this violence happening because of "a movie", it isn't as if the media is going to point out the fact about Maher. Now if roles were reversed and it was Romney, you know they would be all over it.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:02 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The point is that the media and this Administration have been stressing that a movie is to blame for the violence in the Middle East. They have also blasted the movie/filmmaker. YET, Maher, who also made an anti-religious movie that took shots at Muslims, gave $1 million towards Obama. Is it that hard to understand?
Maher's movie is critical of ALL religion, not just Islam, and is not an over the top inflammatory movie. To compare his movie with the recent anti-Islam one is absurd.

Like I said, this is another attempt to pain Obama as a secret Muslim

Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Check that link out above. The OP insinuates that Obama is blatantly using his muslim-sounding name to make muslims love him more. This is the same person - here- who insinuates Obama is anti-muslim. Either way, it's W1N. OR maybe, either way, it's F41L. OR maybe either way, no one really cares. "cept Godfather politics, which, incidently, is the web site hosting both stories. I suspect the OP is trying to show us how wishy-washy that web site is. Nice work, bro. I look forward to seeing them fail more.
Are you saying that the Godfather is wrong in saying that Bill Maher paid for and put out Religulous? As I remember he was the one who did that. Are you saying that Obama didn't take the $1 million from Maher and then keep it in spite of all those who spoke out against it?

Let me know if that is what you are talking about since you don't seem to like the Godfather.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:

Is there a chance you haven't heard those people in Tunisia chanting, Obama we are all Osama? If so, do you have any idea what they mean by that? I think they are trying to tell him that they are all Osama and they will be ready to get even for the death of OBL. I wonder if he will apologize to them for the way they are behaving toward him.

Here they are chanting.
"OBAMA OBAMA WE ARE ALL OSAMA"DEMO IN TUNISIA - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies