Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
What authoritative body do we report to over the leaking of suspected classified information?
Spoken like a good little Big Sis loving authoritarian boot licker....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'm no longer in a "working" capacity. Everyone knows I'm a disabled veteran.
I think one has overestimated their fame (or notoriety ).
Quote:
And I'm not the bird-brain that put 300 ships in a bird-bath. If you don't want blackened soggy sailors, then withdraw your ships and you won't have to worry about it.
Well neither am I the one that put them there, and I neither think it's tactically smart nor a precursor to war. The difference between us (aside from copious levels of smug-too much Prius driving perhaps?), is that I don't wish harm on our armed forces. Again, a very curious choice of words for a veteran.

Quote:
Your cause isn't just, so you get whatever you deserve.
How adorably naive....
Most causes in this world aren't unjust or just. They just are. This is geopolitics, the world doesn't operate on the basis of just causes.

Quote:

Laughing at the superior intellect....

Mircea
It's not a matter of superior intellect, but a matter of not letting emotions affect that intellect.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Spoken like a good little Big Sis loving authoritarian boot licker....
Or a patriotic American who still believes in the poster "Loose lips sink ships."

Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The military build up is due to the Iranians developing nuclear material for war heads. If this happens every terrorist group will have access to a nuclear weapon. The Iranians are fanatics. They do not think logically. It will change the world drastically to know the radicals have nuclear weapons.

To think this is just a military exercise is being naive. Israel is serious about taking out the capacity of Iran getting a nuclear weapon and that means by force.
Excersise? Didn't comment as to the purpose or mission of any assets in tbe region. I am far from naive as to Iran being a threat...however, it IS naive to think that strategic missile boats would be diverted to Yankee station and tbat they would be re targeting their Tridents to Iran. There is probably a fast attack boat or two prowling about. Normal cor task force operations, plus the Iranians have subs that could be a threat to our warsbips. Big could be...but possible. At any rate, I am not averse to the idea of giving Iran a love tap or two or ten. Tbey wanna play witb the big dogs they should expect to get bit. Our current CIC ain't got tbe chops for it though. Mores the pity....

Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Battleships? I thought they were long obsolete.

I'm sorry, errors make me feel sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies