Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,928,296 times

Advertisements

Who do you consider an upstanding news service? I'm sure whoever you cite I could find a clip of them interviewing an idiot. Why the haters make a big deal out of this shows their complete and utter disconnect with reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,995,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes it may be lame but goes to show fox doesn't vet. fox will put on anyone they think has their point of view or has a pretty face. that is why fox hire "miss u.s.a." I mean miss america
I certainly wouldn't argue that Fox is a respectable purveyor of news - quite the contrary.

Were they "had" by this guy? Absolutely.

Did they check out who they were putting on live TV? Absolutely not.

Were the rabid at the thought of having a former Obama voter tell why he won't vote for Obama this time around? You bet.

And that, indeed, is serves them right - although I doubt that they are alone in relishing such schadenfreude.

Did the guy come across as funny? Not to me.

As a matter of fact, he could have used his live appearance in a much better, smarter, and funnier way - but he didn't. He was simply lame.

Then again, so is Fox - making his appearance perfectly appropriate for the network.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,186,713 times
I didn't find this funny. As a matter of fact, I thought it was rather pathetic.

What it did tell me is that FOX doesn't just put people on who will say what they want them to say. That makes it more "real" to me.

It also confirmed what I already knew about many people who voted for Obama in 2008.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,713,558 times
Actually Fox news had many prank callers. Just check on youtube how they don't check things out. That black woman at the desk seems to know some things. And the lady who does the weather. That guy that sits next to the black lady is equal to Regis.

Forgive me for not knowing the names I don't watch it often.

Fox News is for the Republicans.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Actually shows you how stupid Obama supporters are - if you had the chance to prank Fox News you would think you would be able to come-up with something better - EPIC FAIL.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM

7,971 posts, read 7,311,900 times
I wonder how many people of his generation in '08 voted for Obama because they "lost a basketball game"?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM

14,460 posts, read 11,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This video goes to show how little vetting Fox News does on the people they interview. Fox News will put anyone on as long as that person is willing to spew out whatever propaganda Fox News is serving up.
Didn't ABC pin the Colorado theater shooting on some fella who had the temerity to have the same last name as the actual shooter? And be a member of the Tea Party?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,063,559 times
Default So-So.

Captain Janks has been doing just this for years. Heard it all before.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 PM

14,460 posts, read 11,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Well, certainly. It still doesn't make anything this guy says funny. Alas, there are people in the world who find farting funny, too. This "interview" seems to be on the same level as fart jokes and thus, it appeals to a certain subset of the population.
Don't bring a good stinky fart down to the level of this guy.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM

77,814 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This video goes to show how little vetting Fox News does on the people they interview. Fox News will put anyone on as long as that person is willing to spew out whatever propaganda Fox News is serving up.
Dan Rather?

All the news sources are bad. They'd rather throw something out fast and if it's wrong or junk just move on with a shrug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies