Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I thought he said it was about us? Lol no, I didn't buy that bs either.

He and his staff have a huge ego. I think even his staff fawns over him. This is disrespectful to do, but then again, its the Barack campaign team. Not the first dumb thing they've put out, nor should it shock anyone anymore.
Lots of assumptions there, when I doubt you've ever spent time with him & his staff.

Whatever, I'm SOOO over this election! Is it November yet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,024,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I still don't get this whole "Obamabot" stuff you all keep spewing... if somebody supports a candidate, they must be a robot or obsessed? So, are Romney supporters "Romneybots?" I mean, we only have two viable candidates to choose from! Just because somebody likes the other guy, that doesn't make them a mindless sheep.
Please don't act like you haven't seen the people that act as if he's the second coming.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM

102 posts, read 96,383 times
The u.s. flag sucks anyway

It stands for oppression of many by the few both domestically and internationally.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Please don't act like you haven't seen the people that act as if he's the second coming.
Honestly, I haven't... but we're in kind of a political bubble here, so overt displays are hardly necessary. LOL

I only remember seeing people weep when he won, and I shed a tear myself for many reasons - but I've been alive during quite a few elections now, and saw the same around EVERY winning candidate. So no, I really can't see much of a difference with him (except in the virulent opposition).

Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,024,341 times

Probably would be a good idea to ditch the stupid flag, for more reasons than one.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Hey, folks...
It's a piece of paper with a frame around it and a piece of glass in front of it. That's not a flag!

The flag has been used as an art theme forever. Pieces of paper, pieces of canvas and Masonite and wood and metal all have artwork that is flag-like on them.

Know the difference. The flag is the flag. This is not, nor intended to be, a flag.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:10 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Yeah, because I'm sure he came up with that himself... actually says the designers' names right in the OP, and you should at least be happy it was made in the US! But as I've said before, if Obama farts you guys claim it's a deliberate attack on our environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, this can't be blamed on obama. it's an obamabot flag desecration production.
From the link, bottom of page...

PAID FOR BY OBAMA VICTORY FUND 2012 A JOINT FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED BY
OBAMA FOR AMERICA, THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE
AND THE STATE DEMOCRATIC PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: CO, FL, IA, NV, NH, NC, OH, PA, VA, AND WI

Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM

18,345 posts, read 18,963,331 times
this is not a flag it is a logo how stupid are you to not know the difference?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
And now I have a question - what's the meaning behind these three stars from the Republican National Convention? Since you care so much about the flag, does this bother you too? (I don't even know the symbolism there, but was wondering anyway)

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/cont...NC2012Logo.jpg
Ugh! An American Flag with an elephant on it!

And the three stars, what are they?

Let's guess:

Mormon, Mammon, and Money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies