Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: Liberals, do you care that you were lied to about the Libya Embassy attack?
Yes, I care that I was lied to 15 53.57%
No, I do not care that I was lied to 13 46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I see. After seeing the title of this thread, I thought it was about Romney stating that Obama released a statement apologizing about the Islam bashing video when it was really the embassy.
They don't care about Romneys lies. They also don't care about the fact that the warnings were made to the embassy, not the white house. It is more hip to say "obama was warned". It is also more hip to say that the embassy was attacked, when that is also not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They don't care about Romneys lies. They also don't care about the fact that the warnings were made to the embassy, not the white house. It is more hip to say "obama was warned". It is also more hip to say that the embassy was attacked, when that is also not the case.
So it's the Embassy's fault for not passing the warnings on and having the administration tell the world it was over a film protest ?
The point was that there were warnings that were not heeded.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So it's the Embassy's fault for not passing the warnings on and having the administration tell the world it was over a film protest ?
The point was that there were warnings that were not heeded.
No, it's not their "fault". The embassies are not required to pass all information about local issues to the white house. The ambassador is authorized to make calls about local issues, and they are also authorized to call for more help if they think it is necessary, but obviously in this case he did not feel it was necessary. Some people always look for someone to blame, but I don't think there is anyone to blame here.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
No, it's not their "fault". The embassies are not required to pass all information about local issues to the white house. The ambassador is authorized to make calls about local issues, and they are also authorized to call for more help if they think it is necessary, but obviously in this case he did not feel it was necessary. Some people always look for someone to blame, but I don't think there is anyone to blame here.
Well, given the information we have now via the press, I think his murder could have been avoided.
Then again, hindsight is 20/20.

I do hope the State Dept learns from this and takes precautions at Embassies/Consulates in the other countries. I think this administration was too quick to trust and want to make friends.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well, given the information we have now via the press, I think his murder could have been avoided.
Then again, hindsight is 20/20.
any crime could be avoided if you knew beforehand what will happen in the future, but obviously no one has that ability.
Quote:

I do hope the State Dept learns from this and takes precautions at Embassies/Consulates in the other countries. I think this administration was too quick to trust and want to make friends.
Yes, we need to trust our embassies, and naturally they are our friends. What did we learn from the Beirut embassy attack? We learned that sometimes bad things happen, and that you you cant prevent everything and that witch hunts get you nowhere. Did Reagan get the blame? No, why should he? He was not blamed for not micromanaging the embassy security, because that is not what presidents do. Was bush blamed for every attack on the green zone in Iraq? No.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
No, I said it is desperate when your mission is to make it all about Obama. Yes, the ambassador knew the risks, and decided to go on the road trip anyway. He was the top dog over there so it was his call. It also would have been his call to beef up his bodyguards, like take a team of Marines with him from the Tripoli embassy, but he chose to not do that.

I have all the information I need. I don't see a conspiracy here. Again, you come across as someone who wants to create controversy only to use for political ammunition. The other day you posted pictures of the ambassadors body when you tried to blame Obama for his death. Your motivation is too easy to see.
Why did he not have atleast have an Apache flying overhead to provide close Airsupport to his convoy and maybe Use a MRAP to get around to give some added protection over an amroured SUV against IED's.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Why did he not have atleast have an Apache flying overhead to provide close Airsupport to his convoy and maybe Use a MRAP to get around to give some added protection over an amroured SUV against IED's.
Lots of questions were asked and the State Dept has an answer for all of them.

Miscues Before Libya Assault - WSJ.com

Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Obviously the ambassador did not think it was needed. He could have asked for a team of Marines too, but he didn't. The warnings were about unrest and riots, so i guess such measures would have sounded like an overkill. Again, he did not know what was going to happen.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Everybody has been lied to by the mainstream media. If you want to know what's really going on, read globalresearch.ca.
The Stevens murder was organized by the Green Revolutionaries, the Gaddafi loyalsts that the west refuses to admit exist, but will fight to restore their freedom and sovereignty. They are becoming stronger. The film is an excuse to revolt against US imperialism across Northern Africa and the Middle East. Much of the US incursion is financed by Saudi Arabia.
The Summer of Muslim Discontent: It

Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Obama lied, four people died!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies