Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:28 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times

Advertisements

I thought this thread was about the seals? Personally the Obama administration has failed....so stop lying about it.

Should we go to war with Iran? Umm that is yet to be determined...but I do believe Obama needs to get his head out of his a$$ and talk to Ben... as we have seen ignoring people doesn't help-it just pisses them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I thought this thread was about the seals? Personally the Obama administration has failed....so stop lying about it.

Should we go to war with Iran? Umm that is yet to be determined...but I do believe Obama needs to get his head out of his a$$ and talk to Ben... as we have seen ignoring people doesn't help-it just pisses them off.
Oh poor Ben. I'm sure Obama has never talked to Ben, and Ben and his Israeli lobby haven no influence here in the US....We're so mean to Ben. We just give Ben 3 Billion per year and have our soldiers killed fighting for Ben and Israel's strategic interest..

Excuse me while a go vomit.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh poor Ben. I'm sure Obama has never talked to Ben, and Ben and his Israeli lobby haven no influence here in the US....We're so mean to Ben. We just give Ben 3 Billion per year and have our soldiers killed fighting for Ben and Israel's strategic interest..

Excuse me while a go vomit.

And Obama continues to give 2 billion to Pakistan and as they have kids chant hate and death to the US... but that doesn't bother anyone right? Hypocrite anyone?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I suppose that if someone is so Hell-bent on going to war ... they could walk over to the nearest services recruiting office and volunteer. Then send them first, to the front-line to lead the charge.
Yeah, our family has a 22 y/o Afghan vet missing an arm and a leg, who has undergone about 30 surgeries in past two years and needs more. Yippee - let's just go right ahead and start another war.

There's no way we can win in the ME. Money and drones maybe we can manage the situation. And that's all we'll ever be able to do over there. Manage. On the ground, forget about it. Just making cannon fodder of our boys.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:35 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The Obama administration claimed that the two ex Navy seals were part of the protection for the Ambassador. News now tells us that The two former Navy SEALs killed in last week's attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were not part of Ambassador Chris Stevens' official security detail but took up arms in an effort to protect the facility when it was overrun by insurgents, U.S. officials tell the Washington Guardian. There was no protection for the Ambassador.

U.S. officials clarify administration description of two heroes in Libya attack | WashingtonGuardian

Ex-Navy Seals Died After a Long Fire Fight with Attackers - POST SCRIPTS
That's not true. Both of the ex-SEALS were private security contractors whose job was protecting the Ambassador.
Back when America wasn't delusional, the US Marines did all the Embassy protection, and in dangerous places, the Marines were loaded for bear. Cheney changed all that and made billions for Blackwater, his old company. I believe that uniformed military protection has more of an intimidation factor than a couple of guys in black jumpsuits who look and act like the civilians they are. And Marines don't make $120,000 a year doing a better job of it.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We should totally be invading Iran, why can't Obama do that? It makes me so angry!!
Because Iran is the largest and most highly developed state in the middle east. Iraq was it's shabby little second cousin, and we all know what happened there. But if you think we should go into another 10 year war, go for it, urbanlife. You lead the charge. War talk is real cheap until the price in blood is paid.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's not true. Both of the ex-SEALS were private security contractors whose job was protecting the Ambassador.
Back when America wasn't delusional, the US Marines did all the Embassy protection, and in dangerous places, the Marines were loaded for bear. Cheney changed all that and made billions for Blackwater, his old company. I believe that uniformed military protection has more of an intimidation factor than a couple of guys in black jumpsuits who look and act like the civilians they are. And Marines don't make $120,000 a year doing a better job of it.
Bush/Cheney also shifted a lot of stuff that our military once did to private contractors so they could better hide the true costs of their unfunded wars. And now we are paying for it with our collapsed economy and large national debt.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 PM

305 posts, read 553,312 times
Default What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The Obama administration claimed that the two ex Navy seals were part of the protection for the Ambassador. News now tells us that The two former Navy SEALs killed in last week's attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were not part of Ambassador Chris Stevens' official
They look to be CIA, the question is - did the Ambassador have ANY security at all?

Old 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM

305 posts, read 553,312 times
Default Obama supports Iran

[quote=urbanlife78;26193379]We should totally be invading Iran, why can't Obama do that? It makes me so angry!![/quote

Obama supports Iran. It is the only country where we did not support the uprising.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Whoever was guarding the ambassador, it wasn't enough to stem the tide of anti-American sentiment (hatred) that caused his death and the death of his protectors.

It's like President Obama is just riding high above the fray, going about his business, campaigning, as if nothing happened. He doesn't seem to have skipped a beat. All H is breaking out overseas, what is his response? Where are the calls for tighter, more, and better security?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies