Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:24 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,578,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
The poster to whom you responded did not call you an anti-Semite. No one on this thread has.
In fact, I firmly believe that you are NOT an anti-Semite. Recently you posted a very insightful, compassionate, and touching comment regarding the Holocaust. No way an anti-Semite could have written that.

From reading many of your posts, it's clear that you come from an ideology of far leftism. Part of that ideology, and far-right ideology, is a firm belief in isolationism (and the connected anti-Israelism). Isolationism and anti-Israelism is where the extreme left and extreme right meet and kiss.
Actually we agree with each other a majority of the time. I'm to the Right and believe all aid to all countries no matter how it came into being should be cut off and the US should create a 5 Year plan itself to get out of the mess it currently is in. The US should not be using Israel to subsidize the Military sector. The US doesn't do it to Egypt as they get their parts for their F16s from Italy even though they get $2B from the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 11:21 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,073,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually we agree with each other a majority of the time. I'm to the Right and believe all aid to all countries no matter how it came into being should be cut off and the US should create a 5 Year plan itself to get out of the mess it currently is in. The US should not be using Israel to subsidize the Military sector. The US doesn't do it to Egypt as they get their parts for their F16s from Italy even though they get $2B from the US.
Nothing but a pipedream. The U.S government will always enjoy the benefits of the Israeli partnership while saying the opposite to the press.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:17 PM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Nothing but a pipedream. The U.S government will always enjoy the benefits of the Israeli partnership while saying the opposite to the press.
Benefits that we can do without, and so can the Israelis.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,578,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Benefits that we can do without, and so can the Israelis.
The new Obama offer to replace the one that expires at the end of 2017 raises the debit card to over $5 Billion and requires 100% of it to be spent in the US military sector compared to the current $3 Billion at 75%. The military sector really needs to be subsidized? Really? What, $600 Billion is not enough from the US gov't???

Old 07-08-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The new Obama offer to replace the one that expires at the end of 2017 raises the debit card to over $5 Billion and requires 100% of it to be spent in the US military sector compared to the current $3 Billion at 75%. The military sector really needs to be subsidized? Really? What, $600 Billion is not enough from the US gov't???
I know. It's stupid. It's not worth it for Israel. I'm still of the belief that Israel can raise the money privately every year if need be. Why be at the mercy of the United States and all the crap that comes with it for a lousy 3 to 5 billion dollars?

Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 AM

76,842 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Israeli Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said Monday that when it comes to his nation’s security, the Obama administration is doing “more than anything that I can remember in the past.”

Read more: Obama praised by Ehud Barak on Israeli security - Tomer Ovadia - POLITICO.com

Take that Bibi.
Many Israeli politicians have said the same. Perez, for example :

Quote:
"What has he not done for Israel that we asked them to do?" Peres said. "He vetoed UN condemnations of Israel, did things that I do not know that anyone else would have done."

"All the people in the defense establishment say that, in terms of security, there has never been such a relationship between Israel and the United States,” he continued.

“Obama has never said a word to condemn us, so on what basis are people talking? I look at the results, he says things that make sense," Peres added.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:56 AM

58,431 posts, read 26,762,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Israeli Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said Monday that when it comes to his nation’s security, the Obama administration is doing “more than anything that I can remember in the past.”

Read more: Obama praised by Ehud Barak on Israeli security - Tomer Ovadia - POLITICO.com

Take that Bibi.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies CLOSER"

Bibi is a smart man.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Keep your friends close and your enemies CLOSER"

Bibi is a smart man.
Obama is Israel's enemy?

How so?

Old 07-08-2016, 01:36 PM

1,676 posts, read 938,205 times
Obama seems to be of the "tough love" approach, and thinks that by being hard on Israel he can get Muslim countries to love us and get Israel to make concessions. Problem is that it doesn't work, and instead encourages radicalism against Israel as well as the West. People see us as pushovers because of that, and our allies worry that we won't have their backs either. What Obama should've been doing--and hopefully will do--is start getting tough on the Palestinians and telling them that peace will only come when they end their racist incitement.

I'm also sure Obama has been giving all this aid to nullify the argument that he's not pro-Israel because of his criticism of it. In my point of view, Obama hasn't been criticizing the right things. He should be criticizing Israel for giving all the religious nut jobs too much power in government (making it hard for people to be recognized as Jewish, and trying to ban mixed gender prayer sessions at the Kotel) and for gay marriage still not being legalized. If Israel legalized gay marriage and got some of those ultra-Orthodox out of power, more Western liberals would be pro-Israel.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:55 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,646,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
In my point of view, Obama hasn't been criticizing the right things. He should be criticizing Israel for giving all the religious nut jobs too much power in government (making it hard for people to be recognized as Jewish, and trying to ban mixed gender prayer sessions at the Kotel) and for gay marriage still not being legalized. If Israel legalized gay marriage and got some of those ultra-Orthodox out of power, more Western liberals would be pro-Israel.
This is not his business. I think he should concentrate on USA only and leave Israel alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies