Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:02 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,589,725 times

Advertisements

The Boy Scouts will lose around $700,000 in annual donations from Intel, according to the company's Chief Diversity Officer.

"This week, Intel, which was recently identified as the Scouts' largest corporate funder, announced that it is no longer giving to the youth organization. In 2010, Intel reportedly gave more than $700,000 to local troops and councils. In a statement to ThinkProgress, Intel clarified its policies, and said that it would no longer give to organizations that were out of step with its nondiscrimination principals (sic)."

What does a "Chief Diversity Officer" do, anyway? A CDO must be right up there with the CEO, COO, and CFO. And if there's a chief, shouldn't there also be indians? - a diversity department of some kind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 01:28 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,923,160 times
Its the BSA's right to deny entry to people based on sexual orientation, skin color, religion, etc. It's a corporation's right to not give them funding.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Boy Scouts will lose around $700,000 in annual donations from Intel, according to the company's Chief Diversity Officer.

"This week, Intel, which was recently identified as the Scouts' largest corporate funder, announced that it is no longer giving to the youth organization. In 2010, Intel reportedly gave more than $700,000 to local troops and councils. In a statement to ThinkProgress, Intel clarified its policies, and said that it would no longer give to organizations that were out of step with its nondiscrimination principals (sic)."

What does a "Chief Diversity Officer" do, anyway? A CDO must be right up there with the CEO, COO, and CFO. And if there's a chief, shouldn't there also be indians? - a diversity department of some kind?
Corporations figured out a while ago that Diversity=Profit. Nothing to do with values. Corps exist to make money, and decisions are made on that premise.

CDO's are employed in around 25% of American corps.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Corporations figured out a while ago that Diversity=Profit. Nothing to do with values. Corps exist to make money, and decisions are made on that premise.

CDO's are employed in around 25% of American corps.
Isn't that the truth. Diversity is a business unto itself.
Skin color, gender, ethnicity mean more than skill these days in business.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah. Sucks that I got fired once when my District Manager found out I was gay. The woman even admitted that was the reason, but since it wasn't illegal I couldn't do anything about it. I'm careful to review the diversity policies at companies I go to work for these days.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Yeah. Sucks that I got fired once when my District Manager found out I was gay. The woman even admitted that was the reason, but since it wasn't illegal I couldn't do anything about it. I'm careful to review the diversity policies at companies I go to work for these days.
Works both ways..in hiring and firing.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,235,253 times
Intel gave the non-discrimination policy as the reason for withdrawing support, but maybe that's just one reason. New information has just been uncovered which details how over two decades the boy scout leadership failed to report admitted child molesters, allowed them to gracefully resign and, in many cases, helped them cover their tracks.

Boy Scouts helped child molesters cover their tracks, files show - Los Angeles Times

Old 09-22-2012, 01:59 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,171,175 times
Quote:
Its the BSA's right to deny entry to people based on sexual orientation, skin color, religion, etc. It's a corporation's right to not give them funding.
Yeah.
You can't have it both ways.
"We're a private organization. We can do what we want and set policy."
And then whine when that has repercussions.
No. If you were a business, people would not patronize you.
Now a business is saying, "You are sucky bigots and get no more money from us."

I have no respect for that organization anymore.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,873,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

Their choice. But no matter how much liberals try, they will never down the organization with their gay fascism.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,951,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, because having white man George W Bush in office for 8 years did such wonders for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies