Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times

Advertisements

She said the brute force of the spanking left her daughter's bottom fire-engine red and covered in bruises. 'It looked almost like it had been burned and blistered, it was so bad,' said Jorgensen, who took photographs of the damage as evidence. It was bright red. I still have welts on me today,' Taylor added, 48 hours after the paddling.

The day after her daughter's spanking, Jorgensen called the vice principal to complain but he defended his actions. 'He told me this was normal for her bottom to look like this."

Read more: Taylor Santos spanking: Texas school girl left 'bruised and blistered' after MALE vice principal spanks her for cheating | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess the Vice Principal knows what a brutally spanked butt is supposed to look like. I suppose we should trust him on this.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
The stupid kid needs to pay more attention in English class. She said, "I still have welps on me today."

Not only that, but:

Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Teacher is going to be sued to the stone age and his career will be over if this is true.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times
I listened to the Interview, and while I disagree with the man spanking the girl, a few things were glossed over by the OP.

1. The girl allowed someone to copy her work.

2. She and the other girl were sentenced to detention.

3. After the first day of detention, she opted for a spanking rather than to serve the rest of detention.

4. The MOTHER approved.

5. School broke the rules, spanking supposed to be administered by a person of the same sex.

6. Had it been my 7th grade FEMALE ASSISTANT GYM teacher, it probably woulda been worse. (Woman had 1 eyebrow, no neck, and kinda reminded me of that Gym teacher on that movie Porkey's.

Male teacher brutally spanks young female student-porkeys.jpg

This is more of a problem though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-assault.html

Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Corporal punishment should be illegal in all schools. When parents are upset enough to spank their child their frustration / anger/ disappointment is at least tempered by their love for that child. When a school employee spanks a child, not only don't they love that child, chances are good they don't even like the child. It's not the good kids that schools need to impose negative reinforcement on. And no, you don't need to corporally punish kids to have good discipline in schools. In my 20+ years of teaching I never had classroom management issues and I only worked at one school that practiced corporal punishment - which I did not and would not participate in.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,166,204 times
She opted to take the spanking? Then they should have given her the other punishment.

It takes the "choice" right out of the scenario. Giving them a "choice" reduces the consequence in their world (IMHO). The moment she thought that the alternative would be worse, they should have given that punishment to her.

Personally, I think it's barbaric and I wouldn't tolerate anyone hitting my children. Having said that, my children know there will be swift consequences at home when their mother and father find out what they did. Sadly, this isn't the case much anymore.

Still, I teach my children to stand up to anyone who hits them; and furthermore, they are expected to mop the floor with them in response, so they'd be thrown out of school anyway. They've never done anything to warrant that kind of discipline for a reason. They know the consequences. Kids often like to push the envelope. They only get away with it when it's allowed.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal responsibility. What she did was wrong, but I still don't think it's necessary to beat a child with a paddle when one applies a little common sense and psychology (i.e. parents a kid).

Last edited by cebdark; 09-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: added

Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Teacher is going to be sued to the stone age and his career will be over if this is true.
Doubt it, the only rule here that was apparently broken was he was male. If you had read the article she actually opted for this.

On a side not what kind of wimp paddle is that shown in the article? The ones our principals used had holes in them to prevent a cushion of air.

I only recall one student ever getting the paddle and that was in sixth grade, it was the industrial arts teacher. Same deal there where the student was given a choice of the paddle or being sent to the principals office. To this day I can remember the principal in elementary school getting that thing out and slamming it off a desk for some reason or another. What I do know is when he got that damn thing out the "fear of god" was immediate. The mere thought of getting hit by that thing probably prevented me from doing a lot of things.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:47 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,218 times
Even if you think corporal punishment has a place in the schools, it really has no place for 15 and 16 year olds. It's just not effective for kids that age. Removing privileges would be much more effective. Furthermore, it creeps me out a bit that a male principal or a female principal for that matter, would administer it to a 16 year old (sexually mature) girl. It's just weird.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,015 times
Old pervert, watch the righties rush in to defend this guy. Odd that the actual policy says only men should spank the boys. The right wants to defend men spanking boys. Creeps me out but those sublimated gay urges have to come out somewhere I guess.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
I don't think it belongs in the schools BUT the threat of it is another matter. I'm laughing at it now but you'd see the Principal walking down the hallway with that damn thing in his hand and you'd want to crawl under rock and the funny thing is I don't remember anyone ever getting paddled in elementary school. You'd get sent top the Principals office and he had it right there on the wall behind the desk, he was a smart guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies