Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

At least it appears he is that. His refusal to allow us to use our own oil has led to more and more need for OPEC oil. Iran is pushing for more rises in price of crude oil and the Saudis are saying that the price is too high right now. Now if Iran should get its way the price of gasoline would keep rising. If the King of Saudi Arabia gets his way the price may go down. I believe there is a chance that Obama loses if the price of gasoline goes much higher, but he won't allow us to use our own oil and that will lead to his defeat in November. It appears to me that Obama wants more higher oil so our gasoline can go up in price which could well result in his defeat. As the president of OPEC it appears that he could see what is going to happen to him because of the price of gasoline.

Obama is the OPEC President - Marita Noon - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Wow this is really poorly thought out. <color me , not surprised>

If an oil company can pull oil from the ground that costs 1/4 the price and they can sell it for a premium on the open market , above the level it will sell for here...do you really think they will take the hit? get real this is your economic system at work... or don't you like capitalism when it isn't in your favor?

Guess you think Obama runs Exxon- Mobil, BP, and the others too?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,091 times
So you are saying that you want Obama to nationalize the oil industry?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Who the hell is "Marita Noon?"

Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,463,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
At least it appears he is that. His refusal to allow us to use our own oil has led to more and more need for OPEC oil. Iran is pushing for more rises in price of crude oil and the Saudis are saying that the price is too high right now. Now if Iran should get its way the price of gasoline would keep rising. If the King of Saudi Arabia gets his way the price may go down. I believe there is a chance that Obama loses if the price of gasoline goes much higher, but he won't allow us to use our own oil and that will lead to his defeat in November. It appears to me that Obama wants more higher oil so our gasoline can go up in price which could well result in his defeat. As the president of OPEC it appears that he could see what is going to happen to him because of the price of gasoline.

Obama is the OPEC President - Marita Noon - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary
"He won't allow us to use our own oil"? That doesn't seem to align with what I've observed.

Yes, his administration has stalled on ANWR and the Keystone XL pipeline, but both of these have serious concerns which should stall any decision. Imagine the outrage if someone wanted to put a pipeline through or an oil well in Central Park?

Other than that, I am under the impression that domestic oil production hasn't fallen during the Obama administration, freeze on new wells in the Gulf in the wake of that disaster aside.

Anyway, the permit and development process would mean, AFAIK, that any new well in previously unused areas would take 5-15 years from conception to production, putting the affect on global oil prices beyond the range of the Obama presidency.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Who the hell is "Marita Noon?"
The woman who wrote that article. Of course, you could find out more about her by reading the link since that bunch tells who their writers are. You always read any link you are afraid you won't like and then show that ignorance.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
"He won't allow us to use our own oil"? That doesn't seem to align with what I've observed.

Yes, his administration has stalled on ANWR and the Keystone XL pipeline, but both of these have serious concerns which should stall any decision. Imagine the outrage if someone wanted to put a pipeline through or an oil well in Central Park?

Other than that, I am under the impression that domestic oil production hasn't fallen during the Obama administration, freeze on new wells in the Gulf in the wake of that disaster aside.

Anyway, the permit and development process would mean, AFAIK, that any new well in previously unused areas would take 5-15 years from conception to production, putting the affect on global oil prices beyond the range of the Obama presidency.
5 - 15 years?? Yes but when you add the 4 years of game playing on you have 9 - 19 years and I bet you want to vote for another 4 years of his hanging back.

Do you know that he broke the law when the judge told him to stop that crap in the gulf? Oh no, not for libs but he sure did.

How many new exploration sites have been developed under Obama. All that production has come from what Bush had done before Obama came in, he just didn't shut down anything but off coast drilling. The part of that that is sick is that other nations, especially China are drilling off shore in our waters but our people can't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies