Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Clinton Administration said there were Weapons of mass destruction.. the dems voted to go in... it was not a total Bush war . In fact the dems back pedaled after voting to go into Iraq because they can't take responsibility for their decisions.. democrats are the most immature bunch of people on the planet.
Yes, the Clinton Admin and UNSCOM were the ones who said there were Weapons of mass destruction.

Biden confirmed it:
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: I want to go back to 2002, because it’s important as to what people were saying then and what the American people were hearing. Here’s Joe Biden about Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security.”

“We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

“He must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.” You were emphatic about that.

SEN. BIDEN: That’s right, and I was correct about that. He must be, in fact—and remember the weapons we were talking about. I also said on your show, that’s part of what I said, but not all of what I meant. What I also said on your show at the time was that I did not think he had weaponized his material, but he did have. When, when the inspectors left after Saddam kicked them out, there was a cataloguing at the United Nations saying he had X tons of, X amount of, and they listed the various materials he had. The big issue, remember, on this show we talked about, was whether he had weaponized them. Remember you asked me about those flights that were taking place in southern Iraq, where—were they spraying anthrax? And, you know, what would happen? And, you know, so on and so forth. And I pointed out to you that they had not developed that capacity at all. But he did have these stockpiles everywhere.

MR. RUSSERT: Where are they?

SEN. BIDEN: Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued—they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.
MTP Transcript for April 29, 2007 - Meet the Press | NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
I don't think it's age related at all. There are uninformed people in all age brackets and people who make it a point to understand the issues in all age brackets. That being said, a lot of people who are already too busy raising families can be some of the least informed in my opinion. They just don't have the time.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Young. And really anyone who doesn't pay attention to what's going on except for bits and pieces and those who rely on msm.
For example, I think there are many out there who never hear of the screw ups and failures of the current admin, like the recent Libya debacle.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Depends on the person, wouldn't you say?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Young. And really anyone who doesn't pay attention to what's going on except for bits and pieces and those who rely on msm.
For example, I think there are many out there who never hear of the screw ups and failures of the current admin, like the recent Libya debacle.

And those who never listen to mainstream media are very easily brainwashed by people with an agenda that doesn't include even trying to be a balanced and fair news source.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
the young.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And those who never listen to mainstream media are very easily brainwashed by people with an agenda that doesn't include even trying to be a balanced and fair news source.
That IS the very definition of the mainstream media.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,439 times
I'd say both are informed, but within their interrests.

Old people get kranky and want everything to be as the good ol' days....and the younger generation see the more relevant issues.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
PEW research this year showed that Democrats and voters 34 and younger have the lowest amount of knowledge:

What Voters Know about Campaign 2012 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
PEW research this year showed that Democrats and voters 34 and younger have the lowest amount of knowledge:

What Voters Know about Campaign 2012 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Matches exactly what I've experienced, anecdotally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies